Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Beauty and the Beast 

What grade would you give this film?
A 81%  81%  [ 21 ]
B 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
C 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26

Beauty and the Beast 
College Boy Z

Post Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast

Quote:
Beauty and the Beast is a 1991 American animated romantic fantasy musical film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The story is based on the fairy tale La Belle et la Bête by Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont and uses some ideas from the 1946 film of the same name. It centers on a prince who is transformed into a Beast and a young woman named Belle whom he imprisons in his castle. To become a prince again, the Beast must love Belle and win her love in return.

It is the 30th animated film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series and the third animated feature released during a period known as the "Disney Renaissance", which began in 1989 with The Little Mermaid and ended in 1999 with Tarzan. It is widely considered one of Disney's greatest animated films and the greatest in the Renaissance era. Many animated films following its release have been influenced by its blending of traditional animation and computer generated imagery.

Upon its release, Beauty and the Beast was a significant commercial and critical success, earning $403 million in box office earnings throughout the world. Beauty and the Beast was also nominated for several awards, and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, with two other awards for its music. Famously, Beauty and the Beast was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture, the first time ever an animated film got nominated on the show after more than 65 years, and the last to be nominated until 2009. Beauty and the Beast received a total of six nominations, including Best Picture, Best Original Score, Best Sound, and three nominations for its song. It ended up winning two, for Best Original Score and Best Original Song for the song "Beauty and the Beast".

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:29 am
Veteran

My favorite Disney movie. I love it and wish it had won best picture. A+!

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

This is also my favorite Disney film, just purely magical.

- A

Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:44 am
I just lost the game

Not my favorite Disney movie, but definitely up there in the top ten. I give it an A.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:31 am
Teh Mexican

not a personal favorite, but it is one of Disney's best

A

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:30 am
Draughty

It was ok, but the fact that he turned into a handsome guy in the end kind of defeated the message of the film. Shrek handled that issue better. :)

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

My favorite Disney movie and the sole reason that we now have an animated Oscar... It is just unbeliebable how Disney managed to make you care for those animated characters. The story is so involving that even the musical and dance numbers don't bother (especially since they are so much superior to those Elton John/Phil Collins kitsch numbers who followed). A+

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:24 pm
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

The best animated film and was the best Disney film until Finding Nemo came out, I felt it dealt with the issue much better than stupid, fart filled Shrek. This movie or JFK should have won Best Picture...not Silence of the Lambs.

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Easily my favorite animated film of all time. Spectacular. A+

Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:20 pm
life begins now

A

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:02 pm
Profile YIM
We had our time together

My favorite Disney movie too. :D It's just wonderful.. "Tales as old as time... " Hmm.. A

Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

The best animated film ever made. Period.

Sat May 07, 2005 1:24 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

I was watching a few moments of Beauty and the Beast earlier today. Without a doubt, the finest animated motion picture ever released.

Pretty close to an A+.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:10 pm
je vois l'avenir

How can you not love Beauty and the Beast, I loved it when I was younger and I still love it. A

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:48 pm
Forum General

This movie, well the play more so, has a huge meaning to me because it was the last play I did in school. It's an amazing film with amazing songs, I like the play better but the film is still great.

9/10 (A-)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I love the play as well. I saw it twice on Broadway.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:22 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

One of Disney's best films,i give it an A-,the minus because the beast turned into your tipical handsom prince.I would have loved if the prince would have turned out as a regular looking joe,or not very handsom.Thats why i loved Hunchback because the hero isnt handsom and the reason why the beautiful esmeralda didnt fall for him was because he was unattractive,wich is great because its the way it would have really gone down.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I love the play as well. I saw it twice on Broadway.

I haven't seen it on Broadway yet, I'm going to this summer. I've just seen my school version of it and even that was amazing. I'm kind of glad I didn't have like a huge part (like the Beast, I was only Gaston), so I got to see most of the play before I got a copy of it on tape. I'm also going to see the play house's version of it this summer. My two favorite songs that aren't in the movie are Home and A Change In Me but the song Me is definetely one of the best too. I loved my school's version of it, I loved the choreography, I didn't realize how HILARIOUS it was until I saw it on tape because I was too busy doing it to know how funny it was :razz:

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

A...This movie, Lion King, and Aladdin, are the three greatest animated movies ever, and I think will always be. No movie comes close in my opinion to these movies. And the music...is actually good.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

It's okay. Childhood fantasy never enthralled me during the supposed years of childhood fantasy; as I kid I preferred movies like Jaws and Indiana Jones. The fairytale stories and musical numbers just didn't do it. Ultimately, Pixar's teen-oriented morality plots connected better; if I want an unadulterated fairytale, Fantasia would be top choice.

For traditional-animation films, Ghibli's adult fare Grave of the Fireflies and Princess Mononoke strike a chord. Never having been much of a child at heart, that would only be natural.

:)

B+ for effort.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:05 am
Extraordinary

How come so many of you post your grades in this but never do the poll at the top?

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

How come so many of you post your grades in this but never do the poll at the top?

i barely ever grade up there as i never look at the grades and the percentage.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Disney on there A game, this film is amazing

A+

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:01 pm
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

My B's up there. Triumphantly. ;)

Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:02 pm
Indiana Jones IV

And my A is up there, although it should EASILY be an A+, easily. I was so rooting for the Oscar. It's true, this movie is the sole reason for an Animated Best Picture Oscar, and honestly, they should have given it some honorary Oscar.

I think it's the best that Disney has ever made. I never did like Aladdin or even Lion King.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next