Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Amazing Grace (2006) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Amazing Grace (2006) 
Extraordinary

Post Amazing Grace (2006)
Amazing Grace

Quote:
Amazing Grace is a 2006 film directed by Michael Apted about the campaign against slave trade in the United Kingdom, led by William Wilberforce, who was responsible for steering anti-slave trade legislation through the British parliament. The title is a reference to the hymn "Amazing Grace" and the film also recounts John Newton's writing of the hymn and highlights his influence on Wilberforce.

The film premiered at four film festivals: on September 16, 2006 at the Toronto Film Festival; on October 19, 2006 at the Heartland Film Festival, Indianapolis, Indiana, where director Michael Apted participated in a question and answer session; on January 31, 2007 at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival; and on February 10, 2007 at the European Film Market. Amazing Grace opened in wide release on February 23, 2007, which coincided with the 200th anniversary of the date the British parliament voted to ban the slave trade.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:26 am
Iron Man

Interesting movie if you like history and period pieces. They made it pretty interesting considering this is about politics. I'm glad they kept the religion light, that was the only reservation I had before seeing this movie. I gave it a B.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:51 am
Profile WWW
He didn't look busy?!

Post Re: Amazing Grace
This is the definition of good: good story, good acting, good writing, good direction, good technicalities, good message, good use of romance, and good heart. Nothing about this film is great. Nothing about this film is weak. It's very simply, good.

B

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]