Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Meet the Fockers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Meet the Fockers 
We had our time together

Way better than the Original. I laughed so hard sometimes and most of the time because of the great Dustin Hoffman. He was the best part of the movie. DeNiro and Stiller had their funny moments (and there were many) too. Not expected to like it that much after the average first one. A-

Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I finally summoned up the courage to see this movie tonight, and my greatest fears about it have been borne out - it is a homogenized and pasteurized version of Meet the Parents - no wonder it made so much money! This is a safely bland 'comedy' for the masses - nothing too subversive and therefore nothing too funny. Ultimately, it made me more sad than happy - what a waste of talent! The director - Jay Roach has made 3 classic comedy masterpieces (Austin Powers 1 & 3 and Meet the Parents) - so I guess he's batting around .500 - which I suppose is pretty good - but after tonight's production, it really just sort of scares me.

2 out of 5.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:33 am
Extraordinary

w00t! I agree. Babs should have had way better material for her comeback role!

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:34 am
Extraordinary

This is a benchmark movie by which I can gauge other reviewer's comedy movie taste/standards.

Anyone who rated this movie B or higher is now on my "no-fly" list...

(Not that their "wrong" about their reviews, after all comedy is the most subjective of all genres, but I just know for sure that their tastes are not up to my own standards.)

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 am
Wallflower

This SUCKED! It was so f-ing stupid and unfunny and boring. My parents liked it though. They think anything is funny. Someone could fart and they'd crack up. Same with my stupid brother who loved it and after seeing it in theaters went around talking about it like it was the greatest movie ever.

One of the most overrated movies of the year!

I gave the first one a 7/10 (B-).

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:58 am
He didn't look busy?!

Post Re: Meet the Fockers
Contrary to popular belief, I thought this was just as funny as, if not funnier than, the original. Sure, the story was a pretty lazy one, but I've probably watched it ten times in total, and I laugh my ass off every time. Hoffman and Streisand were terrific additions to the cast, and while it didn't have the "classic" humor that made Meet the Parents a "classic" [the cork hitting the ashes, jumping through the window, etc...], it definitely featured at least one LOL moment a minute. And that's all this film was supposed to do.

A-

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

There are literally zero laughs in the entire thing. How in the fuck did this do $280 million?

This could be the worst $200 million film of all time. It's worse than Narnia. It's worse than The Grinch. It's worse than fucking Spider-Man 3. I don't know if it's worse than Shrek 3 or Night at the Museum or Alvin and the Chipmunks, but it certainly can't be better.

An embarrassing achievement for all involved (cast, crew, and audience), to be sure.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed May 07, 2008 11:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's Focking terrible

You know you suck when the Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans parody of your film is funnier the original. That should be the new benchmark for "suck".

1/5

Thu May 08, 2008 1:23 am
Wall-E

I can't think of a single thing I found funny, nor a single character I liked. Though I guess I kind of liked the parents the most, I know they're embarrassing and shit, but Ben Stiller should have treated them better.

Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Not as fun as Meet The Parents (A from me) but still a fun outing.

B/B+

Tue May 13, 2008 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I can't believe how positive the overall reception is towards this film here. It's enjoyable, sure, but also pretty forced and lame at times. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, which is one of my favorite comedies ever. C+

Thu May 15, 2008 11:46 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Bump... for the imminent release of Little Fockers.

(Looks like most KJer's recognized how crappy this sequel was.)

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2