Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Turistas 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
C 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Turistas 
Superman: The Movie

This didn't quite get under my skin in terms of Hostel with it's creepiness, but I enjoyed the film. It's more of a thriller than anything and not really a horror film. That'll disappoint some, and it disappointed me to a certain extent, but it works as what it is.

B

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

It's nothing revolutionary, but I enjoyed it for the most part. An entertaining, tense suspense film which held my attention for its 95-minute length. B-.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:38 pm
Wallflower

An entertaining guilty pleasure.

There's no need for it to even be a guilty pleasure. It's not cheesy and lame and I certainly wouldn't be embarrassed to like it. It's better than most of the horror movies released in 2006 for sure.

TURISTAS - 8/10 (B+)

I loved it! A very thrilling, underrated suspense-thriller. I was on the edge of my seat a lot during the last half and it made me squirm. It can be compared to Hostel, but it's so much better than that awful piece of crap and it actually has characters you give a damn about. I didn't want any of them to die (in Hostel I wanted all of them to die). The cinematography and scenery were great. John Stockwell's movies always look good, and this is no exception. I loved the underwater scenes. The movie also wasn't mean and offensive, unlike Hostel. It's a shame that so many more people saw that movie than will see this one. It's easily infinitely superior and deserved to perform better at the Box Office. Maybe they should have waited until spring or summer to release it. I'm hoping many more discover it on DVD.

If not the best, then it's certainly one of the very best "horror" (I use the term lightly because there's only about one scene that would make it a horror movie - instead it's more of a thriller) movies of 2006.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:31 pm
Orphan

Decent but nothing great. I found Black Christmas more entertaining.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 am
Wallflower

I found this easily better than that one. Black Christmas was decent, but cheesy and not one I care to watch again, not for quite awhile anyway.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:49 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

Post Re: Turistas
C+

If it wasn't for the acting, I would of hated this. Tense thriller that has some really big plot holes to fill. Ordinary, but worth it.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:52 pm
The Antichrist

One of the worst (horror) movies I've ever seen. The horribly frenetic direction got on my nerves, it contains all the flaws of the genre without finding a way to create at least a bit of fear.
F

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:39 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

i thought this was advertised as a thriller.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:40 pm
New Server, Same X

Wow, I skimmed the thread and unexpectedly found a post of mine. How snobby I was!

Anyway, it's not $28.43 anymore. Bought it for $4.97 in a Halloween display on the weekend. I figured it was $5 wasted, but it's not a horrible film. Certainly better than Hostel. I could think of worse ways to spend 90 minutes (keep your snide remarks to yourself please).

B

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2