Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lawrence of Arabia 

What grade would you give this film?
A 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
B 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Lawrence of Arabia 
College Boy Z

Post Lawrence of Arabia
Lawrence of Arabia

Quote:
Lawrence of Arabia is a 1962 British film based on the life of T. E. Lawrence. It was directed by David Lean and produced by Sam Spiegel through his British company, Horizon Pictures, with the screenplay by Robert Bolt and Michael Wilson. The film stars Peter O'Toole in the title role. It is widely considered one of the greatest and most influential films in the history of cinema. The dramatic score by Maurice Jarre and the Super Panavision 70 cinematography by Freddie Young are also highly acclaimed.

The film depicts Lawrence's experiences in Arabia during World War I, in particular his attacks on Aqaba and Damascus and his involvement in the Arab National Council. Its themes include Lawrence's emotional struggles with the personal violence inherent in war, his personal identity, and his divided allegiance between his native Britain and its army and his newfound comrades within the Arabian desert tribes.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:46 am
Devil's Advocate

One of the best movies ever easily, an iconic movie that deserves the accolades it gets. A film I can not only call a masterpiece but also one of my favorite movies as well, in my top 10. Lawrence was one of the first amazing movies I ever watched, it was my first dip into loving quality filmmaking as a child when I was mostly occupied by the likes of animation or Jim Carrey, it was one of the first movies that truly made me fall in love with films.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:00 am
Extraordinary

Another film that I grew to appreciate its greatness, after only giving it a B+ the first viewing. I'd love to have a chance to see it on a big screen.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Its so epic, so massive so huge and there was no CGI at all.

The film is 45 years old an yet it still looks so wonderful.

Easily a timeless classic especially the music.

A=

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

Post Re: Lawrence of Arabia
Watching this isn't like watching a movie at all. It's something you experience. This is the epic. Don't watch without water nearby. I used to sit up next to the screen and feel like I was there. I was a 12-year old obsessed with this.

I think I'm gonna get to see this on the bigscreen next year, which is literally a dream come true.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:35 am
The Dark Knight

This and Ben-Hur and Dr. Zhivago are like experiences... After you watch those films you will never forget them due to their beauty and their scale. I watched this when I was 12 and saw it around 16 and saw it last year.

You are put into the past for 3+ hrs and by the end your head is spinning reflecting at the epic scale of what you have just seen. You remember the start and realize how many things and places you have been through.

Unlike Ben-Hur, Dr. Zhivago, this film is full of top notch acting and the story is great and the film is very even and fluid. The scale of this film is something you never see in films these days at all and is a film for anyone who loves to watch a film that you will remember for the rest of your life.

You have Peter O'Toole, this film made Peter O'Toole...
Alec Guinness, Jack Hawkins, Claude Rains, Omar Sharrif and Anthony Quinn. Great male actors.
The theme is one of the best ever, and I recommend this to all who love to watch an epic film.

Ben Hur may be seen as the most epic of the Epic films, but this one is clearly the best.

In my top 10, A++

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm
loyalfromlondon

Truly epic.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]