Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Children of Men 

What grade would you give this film?
A 72%  72%  [ 79 ]
B 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
C 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
F 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I don't plan on seeing this film 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 109

Children of Men 
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Excellent direction, actors, camerawork etc.....Though I wishd there would have been just something more. You know there are movies you full enter the world of the movie and forget yourselfe...here I didnt......
Thought doesnt change the fact that it was excellent

9/10

Sure one of the better when not best movie of the year!

Oh Filmo... and to think, I was ready to make you the co-leader of "The Children of Men Oscar Clean-Up Club". Well, no more...

It's to the scum pit with the rest of the honorary members for you!

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:45 pm
The Original

FILMO J. BONDO wrote:
Excellent direction, actors, camerawork etc.....Though I wishd there would have been just something more. You know there are movies you full enter the world of the movie and forget yourselfe...here I didnt......
Thought doesnt change the fact that it was excellent

9/10

Sure one of the better when not best movie of the year!

Oh Filmo... and to think, I was ready to make you the co-leader of "The Children of Men Oscar Clean-Up Club". Well, no more...

It's to the scum pit with the rest of the honorary members for you!

Maybe I can make me a better candidate when I tell you that always when I did hear the British accent i was thinking of you :wub:

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:10 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Well why didn't they make some sort of concrete explanation. This is sci-fi crap. The future is a mix of elements from the present, though the problem is that there seems to be no explanation as to why and how these elements have ended up together in the two decades that separate the audience from 2027.

Just noticed this whilst having a look through the thread, you did well to keep it hidden from me first time round, Getluv...

Is there any explanation for AIDS? It took us decades to pin down a possible origin point (monkeys in Africa), but even then how did the monkeys get it? Nature's always worked in mysterious ways, and there's enough precedent in real life of medical and scientific unsolved mysteries for anyone to suspend disbelief about mass infertility in a film like Children Of Men.

The mix of elements from the present joining together in Children Of Men's future is explained. It's just not spelled out to you. You piece it together from news reports seen occasionally, clippings of newspapers, bits of dialogue that don't hammer it on the nose, but tell it in a clever disguised way. The gaps are filled by logic. Any questions you have about the world and its state in Children Of Men's future I'd be happy to answer for you (bar the - intentionally - unsolved mystery of the infertility of course).

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:03 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Maybe I can make me a better candidate when I tell you that always when I did hear the British accent i was thinking of you :wub:

Well, no... but you have wooed me just enough to get yourself bumped up to the bonafide members club!

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:05 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 pm
Where will you be?

Heh four pages and the film still hasn't come out in the US... Impressive.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:48 pm
htm

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:38 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Now, if I could only get hold of one for me... My quest for a Wii has become absurd. I pre-ordered one in September, I've constantly checked stores for units, only to be told none will be available until Jan/Feb, and then my sister - the fat, bigoted, brazen slut - happens upon one by chance and buys it for her and her husband.

Thank god for my new DVD copy of CoM to tide me over while I wait.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

An utterly amazing film. It's thrilling, engrossing, emotional, inspirational, disturbing and actually quite relavent in today's society as well. Clive Owen gives what is easily the best performance of the year bar none and some of the strongest work from an actor that I have seen in years. The supporting cast also does an excellent job and each performance adds a lot to the film itself. Alfonso Cuaron also does an amazing job with painting a unique and quite haunting version of the future that never feels phony or unrealistic. The cinematography here is breathtaking and a wonder to behold, especially during the climactic final scene. The musical score is also worth noting, for it brings an entirely new layer of emotion to every scene. Despite this being classified as a "science-fiction" film, it's certainly one of the most important films of the year and people will take a lot away from the experience. I admired how brave it was with tackling various issues and also not making this predictable in the slightest. It certainly earns its rating with shocking and disturbing violent sequences that feel incredibly realistic. I cannot understand for the life of me why this is not being considered as a major Oscar contender. It seems like something that members of the Academy would both love and respect. I'll be very disappointed if it walks away without any nominations, hopefully it will eventually gain momentum once it is officially released here. I could see some mainstream audiences connecting with this one as well, so I'm predicting it to have decent legs during its release. Hopefully it does well :pray: Anyways, I'll be telling everyone I know about this movie and I urge everyone here to see it. It's currently my #2 film of the year (very close to being #1, about the closest any film has come this year to topping PIRATES) and should resonate with just about any viewer.

****MAJOR SPOILERS*****

I was also shocked at how little Julianne Moore was in this movie! She's second billed and gets less than 20 minutes of screentime! She did a brilliant job in her few scenes though, I loved the scene between her and Clive Owen on the bus. Plus, apparently she was willing to accept the smaller role just because she wanted so desperately to work with Alfonso Cuaron

******END SPOILERS*****

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:36 am
Profile YIM
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I just got my father, mother and brother to watch a copy of this and they loved it. quite pleasing I must say.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

BTW, the soundtrack is great. Tomorrow Never Knows, The Court of the Crimson King, There is an Ocean, and of course, Bring on the Lucie.

Ya its brilliant. The Court of the Crimson King for one fits its scene perfectly.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 am
College Boy Z

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:20 am
htm

Now I'm jealous. :sad: He's one of my five favorite directors and I still haven't seen it.

How much longer must I wait? :huh:

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:00 pm

Right about now, you might as well save ur money. And relive the crappiness of POA.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:22 pm
htm

Right about now, you might as well save ur money. And relive the crappiness of POA.

:roll:

loyal always knows best

it comes out on monday? what? that is daaaays away. :-(

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:10 pm
htm

I honestly can't recall. I've found a bunch of them thru google over the years. I have about 100 images. I'll poke around and find the biggest one, but it isn't big enough for a desktop, I suspect.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:14 pm
htm

Yes, I realize this takes up the whole screen. Enjoy the Jaye, people.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:19 pm
htm

:kiss:

Brill photo

Glad you approve.

You wouldn't believe how many people have asked me if it is a man or a woman. Little do they know...

I love this pose.

This is now the best thread currently active at KJ.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:28 pm

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 pm

getluv wrote:
My God. More ugliness to follow around.

indeed

:ohmy: how hot is he?

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:40 pm
htm

i dont like pictures of my man all over the place.

dino, make them leave you alone!

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:49 pm

woah woah woah

i dont like pictures of my man all over the place.

dino, make them leave you alone!

loyal's first erection in a year. I consider myself charity. it feels good.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:51 pm
htm

if i post more jaye, will it go away?

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next