Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Snakes on a Train 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5

Snakes on a Train 
College Boy Z

Post Snakes on a Train
Snakes on a Train

Quote:
Snakes on a Train is an action/horror Z movie released direct to DVD by The Asylum on August 15, 2006.

Continuing The Asylum's notoriety of capitalizing on major films with low-budget films with similar titles and plots (hence the term "mockbuster"), many aspects of the film are inspired by the film Snakes on a Plane which was scheduled for theatrical release three days later on August 18, 2006. However, this film contains significantly more violence and gore than its counterpart and also includes some supernatural elements.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Top Poster

Oh goody the thread is up, review coming up shortly.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:19 pm
Top Poster

Made by the copy-cat production/film company "Asylum", I knew I was in trouble but the trailer I saw online a couple of months back looked better than "Snakes on a Plane". Directed by first time directors the Mallachi Brothers has a lying tagline but if you thought SOAP didn't live up to the hype this one makes it look like Oscar material.

Tag Line: 100 Trapped Passengers, 2,000 Venomous Vipers!

Plot: A powerful Mayan curse causes snakes to hatch in the stomach of a young woman, eating her inside out. She needs to get from Mexico to Los Angeles in order to have the curse lifted by a powerful Mayan shaman. On the brink of death she boards a train headed for L.A. Unfortunately the passengers are now trapped on board, and left to fall victim to these vicious, venomous vipers.

The first 10 minutes of the movie starts off pretty good. We meet Alma and Miguel two illegal immigrants crossing the border from Mexico to Southern California. Alma is sick (she was cursed by her own family because she ditched an arranged marriage and skip town with Miguel) and he dragging her through the desert. They come camping spot where Miguel pulls out his goody bag of Vodoo/Shaman medicines (aka. Da peace Pipe and a marmalade jar of garter snakes) and procedes to puff Alama with a little second hand smoke. She reacts like most of us would but with a twist. She coughs makes a F*** face and regurgitates a nasty mess of green jello and garter snakes!! There smuggler comes along and bitch slaps Miguel about starting a fire and getting them caught. When he asks what wrong with Alma, out jumps a snake and takes him out. At this point the good stuff is over. Fast forward to the train, which is probably one of the worst cheap sets I have ever scene on screen. It's literally duct-taped together!! We are introduced and shown about a dozen or so passengers and crew who are forgetable(what happened to the 100 advertised passengers?) Alma and Miguel are smuggled on the train and the rest is just rinse and repeat the scene from the desert. No fun death scenes (with the 2 exceptions being a 5 year old girl being swallowed whole and Miguel ripping the heart out of the chest of someone f'ing with his bag of goodys) the acting is horrible and they needed way more extras. There are no vipers, just garter snakes and pythons that really would hurt a fly.
The Climax is "ROFL" huge snake swallows the 20 car train.... and then wait for it........... floats off into the sky in a tornado. Basically it should have been named "Swallowing & Throwing up snakes on the Floor".
Worst movie of the year! Good thing it was Direct to DVD.

Oh and don't even think about watching any of the other Asylum pictures with names like:

666:The child
Pirates of Treasure Island

And the audacity of...

The 911: Commission report

F

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:18 pm
Orphan

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:36 pm
Where will you be?

I've seen a LOT of bad DTV creature feature films before, ones that most people would normally give Fs. However, this wasn't fun on any level. I turned it off halfway through - man I'm glad I did.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 pm
Orphan

I've seen a LOT of bad DTV creature feature films before, ones that most people would normally give Fs. However, this wasn't fun on any level. I turned it off halfway through - man I'm glad I did.

Exactly. This wasn't even fun in a kitchsy manner. It was just dull and dumb.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:25 am
Teenage Dream

The Climax is "ROFL" huge snake swallows the 20 car train.... and then wait for it........... floats off into the sky in a tornado.

WTF. That is really retarded and unrealistic. I will be skipping this.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:13 pm
College Boy Z

Passionate Thug wrote:
The Climax is "ROFL" huge snake swallows the 20 car train.... and then wait for it........... floats off into the sky in a tornado.

WTF. That is unrealistic.

Did you expect otherwise?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:14 pm
Teenage Dream

Spider-Man wrote:
Passionate Thug wrote:

WTF. That is unrealistic.

Did you expect otherwise?

No, but that is a completely retarded ending. I would give it an F just based on reading a plot summary.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Snakes On a Train
Oh it's not that awful.

Decided to see this before seeing Snakes on a Plane. It's rather boring, and pretty much average if not under par in all departments, and the ending....well, it's so out there, but hey, I liked it (the ending :P ).

C-

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]