Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Silverado 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Silverado 
College Boy Z

Post Silverado
Silverado

Quote:
Silverado is a 1985 American Western film produced and directed by Lawrence Kasdan. The screenplay was written by Kasdan and his brother Mark Kasdan. The film depicts a chance encounter between a group of cowboys who travel to the town of Silverado, where they thwart the plans of a rancher and a corrupt sheriff. It features an ensemble cast, including Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Danny Glover, Kevin Costner, John Cleese, and Brian Dennehy.

The film was produced by Columbia Pictures and Delphi III Productions, and distributed to theatres by Columbia, and by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for home media. The original motion picture soundtrack, with a score composed by Bruce Broughton, was released by Geffen Records. On November 12, 2005, an expanded two-disc version of the film score was released by the Intrada Records label.

The film premiered in theaters in the United States on July 12, 1985, and grossed $32,192,570 in box office revenue. The film was considered a financial success for recouping its $23 million budget. Through an 11-week run, the film was shown at 1,190 theaters at its widest release. The film was generally met with positive critical reviews. It was nominated for Best Sound and Best Original Score at the Academy Awards.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:34 am
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Silverado
It's a pretty generic western, but I always enjoy watching it. Interesting characters and some cool scenes. Kevin Costner is a lot of fun in this.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:15 am
The Lubitsch Touch

Post Re: Silverado
Great fun with a superb cast. This movie is largely forgotten today, but it's a kinda fantastic little Hollywood western.

And, damnit, I wanted at least 4 sequels.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]