Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My Super Ex-Girlfriend 

What grade would you give this film?
A 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
B 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
C 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
D 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
F 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I don't plan on seeing this film 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

My Super Ex-Girlfriend 
Where will you be?

Surprisingly entertaining, it's not anything amazing but I haven't seen a more charming movie in awhile. B+

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:01 am
New Server, Same X

Breezy, enjoyable summer comedy. You don't have to think much and you can kind sit back and relax, which is all a movie like this should really be expected to deliver. Uma Thurman is probably one of the few that could pull off Jenny Johnson/G-Girl, a courageous superhero and her nerdy, slightly unstable alterego. Luke Wilson is probably the best "average guy" Hollywood has. Anna Faris is delightful in a role where she is finally not forced to act like an idiot. Eddie Izzard and Rainn Wilson give amusing supporting performances, although I didn't really see the need for Wanda Sykes' brief role. Overall, I liked My Super Ex-Girlfriend about as much as last year's Sky High, another charming superhero comedy. B

I'm not going to say it much better. My grade is even the same.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:04 am
College Boy Z

Solid, entertaining comedy and a good time-killer. Nothing too special, but fun. Luke Wilson, Rainn Wilson, Anna Faris and Uma Thurman all did pretty well in their roles. A lot funnier than I expected.

B-

Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Horrible.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:41 pm
Child Actor

I'm always misled by trailers, but I've got to say - the one I saw for this looked like utter discharge. I feel like the respect I grudgingly gave Uma for Kill Bills I and II, has been spat back in my face.

That reminds me. Kill Bill II. That bit where Bill tells a story, and gets the little girl to tell it with him ("And then what did you do? - that's right, you...") - I can't remember how the hell that ended. Seriously, the script went so far off the rails that I don't know how it ever got back on. But I left with a smile on my face, so it must've sequed back (God knows how) to something approaching a point. How did it happen?

Also, did I dream this, or is there a bit where Bill pulls out a Media Studies essay about Superman, stares at the camera, and just starts reading it? That scene pissed me off, but I loved the film anyway :)

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

I agree with most people here. A very charming and funny movie. Wilson was great for the part and I really liked Anna Faris here. B

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

I think I'm the only one here who loved the movie. I laughed a lot. And it hit all the right jokes. I just love the line, "Why did you throw a shark through the window?" I mean, when will you ever that again?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Kinda dumb but rather entertaining. I got a few laughs here and there.

B-

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:49 pm
loyalfromlondon

Incredibly cheesy and unfunny comedy. I believe I laughed twice. Luke Wilson proves why he's one of my least favourite actors and Uma does a nice job going crazy but that's about it. Everyone else really stinks, save for Rainn Wilson, who does a nice job playing against type as an anti-Dwight. Other than that, though, the story sucks, the special effects are crappy, and the laughs are few and far between. Just a terrible attempt at comedy.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:46 am
I just lost the game

Post Re: My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Meh. Really medicore. There were a few funny lines (and I mean hilarious) but aside form that it was very bland. The CGI and action were both incredibly bad, and the ending was completely ridiculous, and not in a good way. There are worse movies, however.

C-

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:13 am
You must have big rats

It's surprisingly fun and enjoyable. I really didn't expect to enjoy myself as much as I did during this flick. There are several quite funny scenes. Admittedly, the whole thing is very very silly and lighthearted, but sometimes you just need a good dose of stupid fun to lighten up and simply have fun. Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson both seemed to have a blast.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

Post Re: My Super Ex-Girlfriend
There's a difference between stupid fun and just a bad movie. This is just a bad movie. Everyone embarrasses themself, besides Rainn Wilson, he was great. And Luke wasn't bad (maybe that's just because he was bland). Uma Thurman was abominable, and Anna Farris not only LOOKED like shit, but acted even worse. Just a terrible terrible movie. At the middle I thought, 'hey this almost is stupid fun,' but the last 45 minutes really just killed it for me. It's just got such a bad script, production values, and acting that you can't ignore it. Stupid good fun to me is Billy Madison. This is retarded. Literally I think Ivan Reitman came down with a bad case of the downs before he made this.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2