Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 

What grade would you give this film?
A 44%  44%  [ 38 ]
B 34%  34%  [ 29 ]
C 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
F 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I don't plan on seeing this film 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 86

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 
The Kramer

Post Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Alright I'll give you that. I do think Dead Man's Chest can stillwork as an introduction to the series, despite all the fan service moments and cliffhanger ending. They utilize their characters so well.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I love the Production values and the cast here even though the story ties itself in too many knots which it could not unwind by the end specially for such a long movie. The good part is that the action and adventure is still great and I felt that the CGI holds good for this kind of movie. The is too much focus on side stories and the script is not as tight as it should have been though the movie never forgets the fun factor. Its just the translation from concept to script aren't upto the mark but the movie has all the ingredients to be great.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:32 am
Forum General

I still love this movie and while I do think the first movie is better overall this is easily my favorite film in the franchise. Just an all around epic and fun swashbuckling adventure flick and the addition of Davvy Jones his crew and The Kraken made it even better for me. I'm already a sucker for anything dealing with Sea Monsters and this really hit all the right notes in that department. It also helps that on a technical level this movie is really well crafted. I agree that the story is still pretty messy though and the pacing was really slow at times, but I was honestly never bored watching this even when I saw it in the theatre back in Summer 06. This is still one of the best audience experiences I ever had in a completely sold out showing.

B+

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8