Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Clear and Present Danger 

What grade would you give this film?
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Clear and Present Danger 
College Boy Z

Post Clear and Present Danger
Clear and Present Danger

Quote:
Clear and Present Danger is a 1994 film directed by Phillip Noyce, based on the book of the same name by Tom Clancy. It is a sequel to the 1992 film Patriot Games, which in itself is a sequel to the 1990 film The Hunt for Red October.

It is the last film to feature Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan and James Earl Jones as Vice Admiral Greer, and the final one directed by Phillip Noyce.

As in the novel, Jack Ryan is appointed Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Acting Deputy Director and discovers that he is being kept in the dark by colleagues who are conducting a covert war against drug lords in Colombia.

The best Jack Ryan flick to date.

A-

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:25 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Clear and Present Danger
Agreed, the subplots and acting throughout are great, especially Defoe and Ford. The Ambush scene is the best of its kind. Ford is very good in this type of character and I would have loved to have seen him reprise it. Ironically its also the role that people always like to use as Ford as nothing more than playing a "regular guy." He's a subtle actor for sure, and makes great use of it here and adds maturity and sincerity to the role.

A+ My favorite of the films.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:56 pm
You must have big rats

It's excelent and definitely the best Jack Ryan flick to date, unlikely to be surpassed. I thought Ben Affleck and Alec Baldwin were both good, but Harrison Ford is just a perfect Jack Ryan. While I think that The Patriot Games is decent, but a tad overrated, Clear and Present Danger is the real deal. It has the poltical thriller and the action flick all wrapped up in a great package. Despite the long running time, it never drags and never slows down the pace. The ambush scene is great as are the action scenes during the movie's final showdown. Harrison Ford is great in this, but so are Willem Dafoe, James Earl Jones and Donald Moffat as the President. I'd go as far as saying that this is one of the best movies of its kind that manages to have a clever story, well-developed characters and still enough action and suspense to entertain the viewer all the way through.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

Post Re: Clear and Present Danger
Red October is thrilling as hell, great action filmmaking, and Sum of all Fears is pretty good as well. But this and Patriot Games are a big snooze.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]