Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bulworth 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Bulworth 

Post Bulworth
Bulworth

Quote:
Bulworth is a 1998 American film co-written, co-produced and directed by the film's star, Warren Beatty. It was loosely based on the life of Beatty's friend, Tennessee political figure John Jay Hooker. It co-stars Halle Berry, Oliver Platt, Don Cheadle, Paul Sorvino, Jack Warden, and Isaiah Washington. The film follows the title character, California Senator Jay Billington Bulworth (Beatty), as he runs for re-election while trying to avoid a hired assassin.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:44 am
Profile WWW
He didn't look busy?!

Post Re: Bulworth
"Bulworth" started out as a kinda boring but kinda funny political movie. I hadn't even heard of it until a few days ago, and after the credits talked about the '96 presidential elections, I presumed it was a film that didn't age well at all. However, slowly but surely, scene by scene, the movie kept getting better and better, funnier and funnier, smarter and smarter. By the end of it, I felt like Warren Beatty must be the coolest old guy ever. Basically, he goes from a normal politician to a rapping, swearing, wannabe ghetto, paranoid guy whose advisors, etc... hope won't kill his entire campaign in the few days leading up to the election. It was absolutely hilarious, the entire cast (which is pretty strong, including young Halle Berry, Don Cheadle, and Sean Astin) fit their characters perfectly, and if I had to describe it in a few words, I'd call it the political comedy version of "Magnolia," with a bit more focus on one character than the others. This film really hit me by surprise, because it's the only cool movie about politics that I've ever seen, it's hilarious, and it even has a good message attached. You guys should check this out if you haven't (and looking at its box office/renown, I'm guessing you haven't).

A

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]