Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Ice Age: The Meltdown 

What grade would you give this film?
A 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
C 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't plan on seeing this film 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18

Sbil

Post Ice Age: The Meltdown

Quote:
Ice Age: The Meltdown, also known as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown or simply as Ice Age 2, is the 2006 sequel to the 2002 computer-animated film Ice Age. It was produced by Blue Sky Studios for 20th Century Fox, and premiered in Belgium on March 1, 2006. It was eventually released in 70 countries, with the last release being in China, on June 9, 2006. It was directed by Carlos Saldanha, co-director of the original Ice Age, and the music is composed by Robots composer, John Powell. The working title was Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, but for the film's final release, the creators decided to remove the number 2, calling it Ice Age: The Meltdown. However, in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico, and Australia, its title is promoted as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. Also, most of the sponsors of the film had the 2 in their packaging after the name change (they however did edit the 2 out of their TV ads). The Blu-ray Disc and DVD were released in the United States and Canada on November 21, 2006 according to the official web store. They were released in the UK on October 23, 2006, and both include a new Scrat short, No Time for Nuts.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:09 pm
Extraordinary

Way better than the original. I actually cared about the non-Skrat characters this time out. Actually, Skrat himself, was a bit of a letdown in Meltdown, but overall my low expectations were pleasantly exceeded!

3 out of 5.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:09 am
Good film. Not to sound repetitive but good just isnt good enough anymore for animated films.

B-

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:25 am
Lord of filth

It's cute. Much better for kids than some of the other fare out there. It took awhile to pick up. I liked the Heaven scene at the end.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Ididn'tlikeitasmuchasIwashopingIwould.Ineverreallylikedthefirstone,butI<3Skrat.I haaaatteeealltheothercharacters,andIA2didn'tchangethat.Itwasadecentfilm,though.

I'dgiveitaC+.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:51 pm
Teh Mexican

It wasnt as good as the first one...AT ALL!

im somewhat disappointed, i was expecting a lot of laughs and good fun, the most i did was giggle and smile. It was really slow most of the time.

Skrat was the best thing, that little guy saved the movie. The ending was great! :happy:

B-

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:25 pm
Veteran

Fun movie for the kids and family audiences.

B

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Scrat made the movie... as did Sid... but the rest was just good... not great

B+ 8.8/10

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:39 pm
The Original

It was ok. Hoped for more.
To bad I was also in a kids audience. Damn I realised how old I am.
"SEE ITS SCRATCH YEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA::::YEAHHHHHH."
You know and kids running in the break around the screening room "YEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SOOORRRYYY MISSTTERRR YEAAHAHAHAH"
Definately a movie more for young kids. The story is more like walk from A to B with a lot of events to keep the eyes of the very youngest bound to screen.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:02 am
Indiana Jones IV

just came back from the show. Ice Age 2 was HILARIOUS!!! great movie. i loved it. SCRAT was the main point i going to see this. A

Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:30 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

It was quite good. A little slow at times, but I enjoyed it much more than the first. I especially liked the use of The Hudsucker Proxy theme during the heaven scene at the end.

C+

Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:18 am
Forum General

Even worse than the original somehow.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
---------

Oh wow, I was blown away by this one. I thought all of the characters were written brilliantly, each of them going through something. The jokes were great and Scrat was fantastic. I thought a lot of parts were extremely sad as well. I loved this waay more than the original.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:33 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Fun but utterly bening. It was an enjoyable film but certainly not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. B+

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:54 pm
Forum General

I'm a little sad about the current state of animation.

There's a problem with today's computer animated films: They're too frantic, and they're trying way too hard. There's something about the Pixar films that, underneath the monsters and talking toys and bugs, their films are actually quite low-key. The same could be said about other successful animated films such as, for instance here, the first Ice Age. No annoying characters, no poop jokes, no obvious humor. Or at least all of those are kept to a minimum. And that's what makes them successful.

But The Meltdown pretty much epitomizes the spell of uninspired, mediocre animation we've gotten recently: It's too concerned with balancing keeping the kids happy with silly-kid-voiced-cute-animals who run around a lot with the dialogue and situations that are going to make the adults chuckle.

They're trying to do what Pixar does so effortlessly, and things are backfiring.

I feel like I bring this up every time a new CGI film is released, but things aren't getting better.

As for the the rest of the film, the story doesn't go anywhere, few laughs, and it's a bit irritating. Scrat is, once again, great. Give me an hour and half of that, and I'll be there. But isn't it saying something when about 99% of the humor in your film is coming from stuff that's not even related to the story?

I haven't seen Cars yet, though. My fingers are crossed. I need some hope here.

C

Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Scrat Nuff said
The 3 animal interplay still has its moments

Minus Points
Story? what the fuck is that, this film doesn't know instead electing to be nothing more then a series of set-pieces
Queen Latifah and those idiotic moogoose things. It was like 5 year olds were in the scriptroom

Overall C+

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:39 pm
life begins now

Not quite as good as the original, but still a great movie nonetheless. I enjoyed myself.

A-

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:03 pm
Profile YIM
Top Poster

B-, a few notches below the original. The new characters aren't as fun. The dialogue was too repetitive, hammeing over and over again way too many times the points about Manny wanting to be with other mastadons and Diego's being fearful of water. Still, it's passable for a CGI film nowadays though. And some (but not most) of the animation close-up shots of the animals were pretty fantastic looking.

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:42 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

I loved it. :D The entire film was really funny and I just love the characters. A-/B+

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
B

I missed it when it was originally released in theatres, but my theatre was showing it for a week a week ago, so I caught it then at last.

While it lost some of the original film's charm, I found it to be nearly euqally funny and thankfully Scrat had more to do in this one since he's by far the best thing about the two films. With more Scrat scenes however, the number of silly and unfunny scenes increased in this one as well. On the whole, it was still fun and all, just not as good as the first one. I was surprised, though, that I didn't like it less since many non-Pixar animated flicks have been rather mediocre latetly. This rather stands out as it still has some quite good characters and their interplay still works well.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Post Re: Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
Not as good as the first one. B-

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]