Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Jaws 3-D 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Jaws 3-D 
College Boy Z

Post Jaws 3-D
Jaws 3-D

Quote:
Jaws 3-D (also known as Jaws III: 3-D or Jaws 3: 3-D or Jaws 3 or Jaws III) is a 1983 thriller film directed by Joe Alves and starring Dennis Quaid, Bess Armstrong, Lea Thompson and Louis Gossett, Jr. It is the second sequel to Steven Spielberg's Jaws.

As SeaWorld, a water park with underwater tunnels and lagoons, prepares for opening, a young great white shark infiltrates the park from the sea, seemingly attacking and killing water skiers and park employees. Once the baby shark is captured, it becomes apparent that it was the mother, a much larger shark who also entered the park, who was the real killer.

The film is notable for making use of 3-D film during the revived interest in the technology in the 1980s, amongst other horror films such as Friday the 13th Part III and Amityville 3-D. Cinema audiences could wear disposable cardboard polarized glasses to create the illusion that elements penetrate the screen. Several shots and sequences were designed to utilise the effect, such as the shark's destruction. Since 3-D is ineffective in home viewing, the alternative title Jaws III is used for television broadcasts, VHS and DVD.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:35 pm
You must have big rats

This was a tolerable, albeit a very cheesy and unbelievable sequel. A guy trapped in the mouth of a shark? Hehe. It went way over the top and the absence of original characters certainly hurt it. However, it was still fairly entertaining with nice death scenes. I enjoyed parts of it and at least was never bored.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
htm

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:26 pm
Superman: The Movie

Would've been fun to watch with 3-D goggles. To bad the DVD didn't come with any.

The worst thing about the film is that it's just too damn cheesy. Floating hands, obvious matte lines of the shark (3-D), Dennis Quaid, Sea World, it's just all odd. Still, it's watchable and kind of fun.

C

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:19 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Again, I gave JAWS 3D an "F" and appear to be the only one to give it this grade and it's deserving.. The FX sucked, the premise sucked and it tarnishes the very legendary name of JAWS..

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:18 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I agree, worst in the series, This makes the 2nd look like the original and then some.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 am
Teh Mexican

Kinda of stupid, cheesy and somewhat boring

D+

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 pm
You must have big rats

I agree, worst in the series, This makes the 2nd look like the original and then some.

Worst?

What is Jaws IV then?

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

There was a marathon of the Jaws movies in a channel dont remember which one. i only saw Jaws 3 and after that there were going to show Jaws: The Revenge, i read the plot it sounded worst than this one, so i saw Hope & Faith instead, hehe

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:12 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

The biggest rip off of a Jaws series. There was only 2 deaths the entire time of the movie so I cant see how they can call this a Jaws movie and it was a ridiculous explanation on how the shark entered a theme park

My Eyes boooooooooooooooooo its hurting from watching Jaws 3D take those goggles off me!!!!!!!!!!

F
1.5/10

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:34 pm
Superfreak

Post Re: Jaws 3-D
Bess Armstrong gives the worst performance I have ever seen.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:32 pm
Hold the door!

Since when are there Jaws sequels lol? JK, I know they exist, but no one ever talks about any of them.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:50 pm
On autopilot for the summer

The 2nd one is actually pretty solid. It suffers however the same as a film like Halloween II where the shark's mystery is gone this time, but the acting, filming and has some good tense scenes.

I take back what I said about this being the worst of the sequels. I remembered 4 much differently as a kid. 4 is hands down one of the worst films ever. That finale makes no god dam sense when the shark starts roaring like a T-Rex. 3 at least still has some pedigree and at least tried to do something different (Never saw it in 3D so that could have been fun as well back then) It's a film I have no interest in ever seeing again though. It's funny that Jaws 3D is actually in many ways an awfully executed Jurassic World. (Adjusts to 117 million today and had a top 15 OW at the time)

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:43 am
Forum General

This is the definition of a cash grab sequel, but I'll be damned if I said I still didn't have some fun with it, especially as a kid. It's light years better than that awful Jaws 4 and while that might not be saying much I do think this movie atleast has a little bit of heart and effort put into it. There are some genuine funny bits and I don't mind the cast or their performances. Also, the finale is hilariously bad and awesome at the same time.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]