Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Commando 

What grade would you give this film?
A 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Commando 
College Boy Z

Post Commando
Commando

Quote:
Commando is a 1985 American action film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vernon Wells, Rae Dawn Chong, Alyssa Milano, Bill Duke, Dan Hedaya and James Olson. It was directed by Mark L. Lester and shot on location in and around Los Angeles, California.

The film was nominated for a Saturn Award in 1986 for Best Special Effects but lost to James Cameron's Aliens, another movie with music provided by James Horner from Commando. A critical success and commercial hit, Commando is the 7th highest grossing movie of 1985.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:41 pm
Indiana Jones IV

But, was sure as hell entertaining none the less. I remember thinking years ago how cool this movie was.

I will give it a B.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
probably one of Arnold's biggest where he makes fun of himself, hams it up and lots of great one-liners.

Somewhere in the middle of Arnold's 5 or 10 year run.

plus an unfortunately too young but still cute Alyessa Milano.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:16 am
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

One of the best action movies of the 80's. Mindless violence, action, and arnold one-liners. this one has it all. a classic

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:17 am
On autopilot for the summer

Great because it is probably the most rediculous film ever made. And it is so amazing seeing Arnold being the ultimate Badass. There are so many things you just laugh hysterically at, and even though its bad, you'll think its amazing

A for Awesome

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:03 pm
George A. Romero

Great because it is probably the most rediculous film ever made. And it is so amazing seeing Arnold being the ultimate Badass. There are so many things you just laugh hysterically at, and even though its bad, you'll think its amazing

A for Awesome

i love the end when he is just blowing away like 60 guards while looking for his daughter. priceless!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:45 pm
Superfreak

i love this film for the sole reason that the black cop refers to arnold as "one big mothhherrr fuckkkkkker" in the mall.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:05 pm
Team Kris

Cearly one of the best films of all time. Arnie spits out more one liners than any other movie in history and delivers them as only he can. The way he disposes of the like of Sully by informing him that while holding him over a cliff that he is holding him with his weak arm. Also after eliminating Bennet by ripping off a pipe from the wall and throwing it through his chest, he informs him to let off some steam.

I have watched this movie so many times I nearly have the whole thing memorized.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Cearly one of the best films of all time. Arnie spits out more one liners than any other movie in history and delivers them as only he can. The way he disposes of the like of Sully by informing him that while holding him over a cliff that he is holding him with his weak arm. Also after eliminating Bennet by ripping off a pipe from the wall and throwing it through his chest, he informs him to let off some steam.

I have watched this movie so many times I nearly have the whole thing memorized.
A

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:41 am
Profile WWW

Best moment is in the end when they are fighting, Bennet is getting the crap beat out of him, then he gets electricuted, screaming histerically, then when he gets off he is I guess powered by that and gains the upper hand on Matrix.

though the phone booth is quite amazing too and the airplane escape are quite magnificent too.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:45 am
George A. Romero

Best moment is in the end when they are fighting, Bennet is getting the crap beat out of him, then he gets electricuted, screaming histerically, then when he gets off he is I guess powered by that and gains the upper hand on Matrix.

though the phone booth is quite amazing too and the airplane escape are quite magnificent too.

"Don't disturb my friend...he's dead tired!"

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:08 pm
You must have big rats

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"
"That's right, Matrix! You did!"
"I liiiiiieeeed!!!"
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Duke- Are you scared mother fu**er, well you should be, cause this green beret is gonna kick your ass.

Matrix (Blocks him)
I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now I'm very hungry!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:13 pm
Draughty

Uttter garbage. But it's interesting to see these days and watching it you can tell that video game makers were inspired by some parts of it. Commando is more like watching someone play a first person shooter than watching a movie.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

Uttter garbage. But it's interesting to see these days and watching it you can tell that video game makers were inspired by some parts of it. Commando is more like watching someone play a first person shooter than watching a movie.

and that's exactly why it kicks ass ;)

Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Did anyone ever hear of this deleted scene:

When Schwarzenegger cuts off the guys arm with the ax in the shed, the man screams and Arnold smacks him in the face with the arm and says Shut Up!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:01 pm
Team Kris

When Schwarzenegger cuts off the guys arm with the ax in the shed, the man screams and Arnold smacks him in the face with the arm and says Shut Up!

Are you serious?? If true, that would be the funniest scene of all-time, hands down. I could picture it happening though. :biggrin:

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

Thegun wrote:

Are you serious?? If true, that would be the funniest scene of all-time, hands down. I could picture it happening though. :biggrin:

i've heard that too. i hope to god they release a commando special edition some day! i think i'd watch that scene 500 times in a row if i ever got to see it lol

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Just started on AMC! Even though they cut out the swearing, I am obligated to watch it. Definitely a favorite.

A-

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:08 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

A brilliant relic of 80s macho cinema. Always enjoy watching it.

A

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:22 pm
George A. Romero

hahaahah, i'm watching it on AMC too. God i love this movie.

Bennett -- "I love to hear your little pissant soldiers try and talk tough! Me and Matrix could kill 'em all IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!"

:hahaha:

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:11 pm
Mod Team Leader

One of the best 80's action films. There is nothing to not like about this film. It is so filled with action and fun and Schwartz is fuking awesome and hulking in this one.

"Remember Sully when I promised to kill you last?"
"That's right Matrix you did."
"I LIED!!!!"

One of most quotable films of all time as well.

10/10

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Another You

Post Re: Commando
Bad-ass ArnoLd action fLick! Sure there are many impossibLe moments in the fiLm but its fuckin' Arnold so... And yes, it being freakin' ridicuLous is what makes it truLy entertaining. :guns:

B+

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:16 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Commando
Commando kicks all kind of ass.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:59 am
now we know

Chose this for an in-flight movie. That's how you should fly! Never watch a movie you haven't seen. The viewing conditions are not good enough. Watch one that you've seen so many times and that you absolutely love. Commando is that one. One of the best action movies ever. Extremely quotable. Hilarious. Easily watchable.

A+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]