Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cube 2: Hypercube 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

College Boy Z

Post Cube 2: Hypercube

Quote:
Cube 2: Hypercube is a science fiction thriller film and is the sequel of the science fiction/horror film Cube. Released in 2002, Cube 2: Hypercube had a bigger budget than its predecessor, and a new director, Andrzej SekuĊ‚a. The industrial-style rooms of the first film are replaced with high-tech, brightly-lit chambers; instead of traps such as flamethrowers and extending spikes, the rooms themselves are the danger as they distort time and move through each other.

Solid DTV-flick, nothing more.

B-

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:36 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Decent film, but not as interesting as the first film. The biggest problem is the introduction of too much of a psuedo-intellectual spin to it and that causes the rest of the plot to plummet. Simply put, the alternate universe theory that they use is just a bit too complicated to explain in an hour and a half, and it leaves the viewer utterly confused.

Add to that the fact that the ending pretty much gives no explanation and you have a film that is very dissapointing. That being said, there are some interesting aspects to the film, and it has an enjoyable, albeit tedious plot. It could have been better, but its not a disaster as it is. B-

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Extraordinary

It's pretty disappointing when compared to Cube -- and a lesser follow-up than Cube: Zero. Still, it had some interesting ideas. B-

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:14 pm
loyalfromlondon

Slightly less impressive than the original, it's actually got very little to do with it apart from the concept. There are some interesting theoretical concepts, some of which I couldn't wrap my mind around, and some cool ideas because of it, but it ultimately isn't explored thoroughly enough, leading to a unsatisfying ending. The acting is better than in the first, as is the quality of writing, but it loses the suspense and tension of that film with the removal of the booby traps and the white, gleaming cubes. Some of the mystery is also taken away by the partial exploration of why each person is there, which is never really explained. Overall, a more interesting but less intense sequel.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 pm
You must have big rats

Still need to see this. Saw the other two, though.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I enjoyed this. It is basically a carbon copy of Cube, but in the same way that Terminator 2 is a carbon copy of The Terminator and The Matrix Reloaded is a carbon copy of The Matrix, it is just an excuse to showcase some cool visual effects with the exact same story as the original, which was fine for me. I don't always necessarily need every film or sequel to blow my mind with originality. The film loses its way towards the end (similar to Cube as well), and the explanation is a bit vague, but on the whole I enjoyed it.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]