Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Heathers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Heathers 
College Boy Z

Post Heathers
Heathers

Quote:
Heathers is a 1989 black comedy film starring Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, and Shannen Doherty. The film portrays four girls in a trend-setting clique at a fictional Ohio high school. The girls — three of whom are named Heather — rule the school through intimidation, contempt, and sex appeal.

Heathers brought director Michael Lehmann and producer Denise Di Novi the 1990 Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature. Daniel Waters also gained recognition for his screenplay, which won a 1990 Edgar Award. The film was a U.S. box office failure, but went on to become a cult classic, with high rentals and sales business. In 2006, it was ranked #5 on Entertainment Weekly's list of the "50 Best High School Movies" and in 2008, it was ranked #412 on Empire's list of The 500 Greatest Movies of All Time.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:15 pm
Teh Mexican

I just happened to come across this movie on TV as I was changing channels and wow its fantastic, i missed like the first 5 minutes

very Clever Movie, great ending and cool way to light up a cig :lol:

A

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:29 pm
Sbil

One of the best black comedies ever made.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:54 pm
Teenage Dream

This was on Sundance the other day, and I was reminded how much I love it. Like Libs said, one of the best black comedies ever made, bar none. This is what Mean Girls wanted to be.

"My son's a homosexual, and I love him. I love my dead gay son."

"Football season is over, Veronica. Kurt and Ram had nothing left to offer the school except for date rapes and AIDS jokes."

"Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?"

"Now I've seen a lot of bullshit... angel dust, switchblades, sexually perverse photography involving tennis rackets..."

"Is this turnout weak or what? I had at least 70 more people at my funeral."

"It's one thing to want someone out of your life, but it's another thing to serve them a wake-up cup full of liquid drainer."

"All we want is to be treated like human beings, not to be experimented on like guinea pigs or patronized like bunny rabbits.

I don't patronize bunny rabbits."

"Grow up Heather, bulimia's so '87"

"I prayed for the death of Heather Chandler many times and I felt bad everytime I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah"

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:24 pm
Speed Racer

This was on Sundance the other day, and I was reminded how much I love it. Like Libs said, one of the best black comedies ever made, bar none. This is what Mean Girls wanted to be.

"My son's a homosexual, and I love him. I love my dead gay son."

"Football season is over, Veronica. Kurt and Ram had nothing left to offer the school except for date rapes and AIDS jokes."

"Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?"

"Now I've seen a lot of bullshit... angel dust, switchblades, sexually perverse photography involving tennis rackets..."

"Is this turnout weak or what? I had at least 70 more people at my funeral."

"It's one thing to want someone out of your life, but it's another thing to serve them a wake-up cup full of liquid drainer."

"All we want is to be treated like human beings, not to be experimented on like guinea pigs or patronized like bunny rabbits.

I don't patronize bunny rabbits."

"Grow up Heather, bulimia's so '87"

"I prayed for the death of Heather Chandler many times and I felt bad everytime I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah"

Nice. You left out one of the classic lines though....involving a chainsaw.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Heathers
omg it's like better than mean girls

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm
Horror Hound

Post Re: Heathers
Love. Love this film.

I can't beleive Tina Fey had the cheek to say this didn't even spring to mind when she was writing Mean Girls!

Mean Girls is a fantastic movie. i adore it. But that brought Fey down a peg or two in my opinion.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]