Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Antlers 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Antlers 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Antlers
Quote:
Antlers is an upcoming supernatural horror film directed by Scott Cooper. It follows a school teacher and her police officer brother in a small Oregon town, where they become convinced one of her students is harboring a supernatural creature. The film stars Keri Russell, Jesse Plemons, Jeremy T. Thomas, Graham Greene, Scott Haze, Rory Cochrane, and Amy Madigan. The screenplay, written by C. Henry Chaisson, Nick Antosca and Cooper, was adapted from Antosca's short story "The Quiet Boy", originally published in Guernica magazine in January 2019.

Antlers is scheduled to be released in the United States on October 29, 2021, by Searchlight Pictures, after being delayed twice from an April 2020 release date due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:44 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Antlers
I thought this was great and quite unsettling. The cinematography is amazing as is the mood that is created, there's an overwhelming sense of dread in every frame. The performances are also great. The movie has its scares but it is almost more effective as a drama surrounding the effects of the opioid epidemic above anything else. Highly recommended. A-

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:02 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I saw this a few weeks ago and thought it was great. Super atmospheric and unsettling. A-

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:21 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

The characters are the dumbest I've seen in a horror movie in ages. Unrealistically idiotic. They're also pretty one-dimensional. I can't say I cared about any of them. Technically well-made and it kept my attention but there's really just not much to it.

C

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:53 am
The Kramer

Antlers was pretty good ... anytime there's some monster stuff going on. When there's not? Antlers is pretty dull.

So like right around a C+/B-? I wish GDT had directed this instead of Nightmare Alley. Could have gotten one classic instead of two maybes.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]