Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Pride & Prejudice (2005) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 63%  63%  [ 19 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
C 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

Pride & Prejudice (2005) 
Sbil

Post Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Pride & Prejudice

Quote:
Pride & Prejudice is a 2005 British romance film directed by Joe Wright. It is a film adaptation of the 1813 novel of the same name by Jane Austen and the second adaption produced by Working Title Films. It was released on September 16, 2005, in the UK and on November 11, 2005, in the US.

Last edited by Libs on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:58 pm
je vois l'avenir

A

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:57 pm
Killing With Kindness

A

An outstanding watch, stands out on its own without having to be compared to the book or the 95 version. Great acting from the whole cast. Its a fun watch and I would not discourage anyone from watching suck a great film :smile:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
so the really important question is > how was Keira Knightly?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

Will I get play from a chick if I take her to see this?!?!

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 am
Profile WWW
je vois l'avenir

so the really important question is > how was Keira Knightly?

she's great

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 pm
Killing With Kindness

LMAO, I dont think so.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************

yes. I think most chicks will like this.

and why did Mr. Darcy get so many brownie points > all he did was correct 2 of his FUCK-UPS because he wanted to get into Lizzie's pants.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

also nice to see Donald Sutherland, FYI > The real father from the star of tv's 24, in a little role.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

also nice to see Donald Sutherland, FYI > The real father from the star of tv's 24, in a little role.

Thanks, Goldie, I don't think any of us overly obsessed film fans knew that Kiefer Sutherland was Donald Sutherland's son. :tongue:

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:13 pm
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

Thanks, Goldie, I don't think any of us overly obsessed film fans knew that Kiefer Sutherland was Donald Sutherland's son. :tongue:

that was mostly a joke but I bet you there are a number of people here who aren't familar with Donald S.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Keira Knightley is fantastic, despite the toothiness she displayed on the trailers.

I'm still deciding if this is on par or better than the Colin Firth as Darcy miniseries. But it's pretty high up there.

A

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:48 am
Extraordinary

An adequate adaptation of the classic novel - I did really enjoy the all the actors, though the chemistry between Miss Bennett and Mr. Darcy was good, not electrifying. The worst part of the movie was the wonky direction - the director had the camera swirling around and the sound mixed in a jumble so you were often disoriented as a viewer - this might be explicable in the Bourne Supremacy, but here was unwelcome to say the least. I'm glad I saw it, but it wasn't a serious challenger to the 1996 BBC miniseries adaptation's crown...

3 out of 5.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:45 pm
Veteran

it depends on the chick. I was wishing I had a boyfriend with me and not my friend Scott.

This movie was okay but some what off. Okay they were not that fucking bold back then. Also her friend that married Cole was not fucking nocked up! I liked how the film was done and the cast was great but they almost fucked up a good movie to add bits in that never should have been in. Stick with the story and no add ins and it would've been so much better.

C-

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Orphan

Simply Brilliant. The story moves quick, the direction is fluid as can be, and the acting is tremendous across the board. Keira Knightley gives the best performance of the year, showcasing multiple sides of Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bennett with unequaled ease.

Grade - A or A+ (Depending on what grading system one uses, the plus does or doesn't exist)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:28 am
Team Kris

Simply Brilliant. The story moves quick, the direction is fluid as can be, and the acting is tremendous across the board. Keira Knightley gives the best performance of the year, showcasing multiple sides of Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bennett with unequaled ease.

Grade - A or A+ (Depending on what grading system one uses, the plus does or doesn't exist)

:wub:

Don't you think that scene where they we're dancing and delivering dialogue (lizzie and Darcy) was absolutely well-done?

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:02 am
Team Kris

Don't you think that scene where they we're dancing and delivering dialogue (lizzie and Darcy) was absolutely well-done?

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:02 am
Orphan

Joe wrote:

Yes, incredibly so. Joe Wright did a brilliant job helming the film.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:07 am

I felt this movie was unneccessary, however its so well done it won me over and I love it. Heck, even my boyfriend liked it.

A-

Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:21 pm
We had our time together

A very surprising good film. Like everyone says Keira is fantastic here and she must be one of the cutest girls/women in the world. The actor who played Mr. Darcy was very likeable too. I loved the dialogues, are those the original from the book?? I not expected to like this movie that much. Definately going to buy it on DVD. A-

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Very well done adaptation. Keira Knightley gives a dazzling performance as Lizzie that should make her a lock for an Oscar nomination. B+

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:44 pm

yeah I think Keira already been firmly predicted for an Oscar, no? I haven't seen it yet - I usually think these costume movies always drag a bit, but maybe I'll check this one out.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
htm

I found the above user reviews so promising that I finally saw P&P this evening, only to be won over completely. Never a fan of Austen's novels and certainly not of the earlier adaptations of this film, I was blown away by director Joe Wright's wonderful work. For some reason, P&P works amazingly well as one of those movies in which the casting seem to fit the characters, the performance seem to be perfect, and the score, cinematography, and scene locations all create that perfect film. I particularly fancied the work done by Keira, who, as Christian mentioned above, was tooth but heartwarming at the same time. The supporting actors all put in solid work too. I can't say enough about this film, which manages to be the ultimate romantic feature as well as a memorable comedy. Dare I call P&P a new classic? In my books, it's certainly fresh and fun enough to be tied with Good Night, & Good Luck as the absolute best film released this year. :-)

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:00 am
New Server, Same X

Very enjoyable film, with a great lead performance from Keira Knightley. Grade: B+

Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:49 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I went in to the film hoping to like it but expecting to hate it. Truth is I'm not a big fan of period dramas, and this felt a bit too much like a "chick-flick" for even my tastes. I have to admit I'm not very familiar with the source material so I can't comment on that.

That being said, the film was marvelously directed and some of the scenes were just fantastic. All of the dance scenes were incredible, especially the one between Knightly and MacFayden. Keira Knightley deliver probably the best performance in her already amazing career. I would not be surprised if she were to receive an Oscar nod in the near future, if not for this film.

The set design, costumes, camera work, all were top notch. My biggest problem was it was paced a bit slowly and it kind of lagged in the middle. Overall though, a solid film.

B+

Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next