Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 29 ]
B 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
C 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
F 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 43

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 
Forum General

The dialogue was pretty great at times. Not gonna deny that.

But I didn't feel like it was ever genius. Lots of sly quips and such, but I realized I was laughing more at bodies hitting dumpsters and people peeing on corpses but otherwise just kind of amused by the quick dialogue.

And again, narration? Leave it to David Spade.

Like I said, though, it has great energy. And Downey, Jr. and Michelle Monaghan, who gives a performance here as if she's been doing this for years (she's awesome), are great.

B+

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 am
Profile WWW
htm

Loved it.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:45 pm
Teh Mexican

KKBB was seriously to damn awesome. The dialogue between Robert Downey and Val Kilmer was flippin' hilarious, every interaction between them was great and brilliant acting, such a shame that this movie didnt have any sort of recognition by the academy.

It was the most entertaining movie i've seen in a long time that doesnt contain amazing especial FX's. BEST MOVIE OF 2005

A+ -It will have a special place in my Top 10-20 (got to check the list :P ) of All Time :happy:

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:20 am
You must have big rats

KKBB was seriously to damn awesome. The dialogue between Robert Downey and Val Kilmer was flippin' hilarious, every interaction between them was great and brilliant acting, such a shame that this movie didnt have any sort of recognition by the academy.

It was the most entertaining movie i've seen in a long time that doesnt contain amazing especial FX's. BEST MOVIE OF 2005

A+ -It will have a special place in my Top 10-20 (got to check the list :P ) of All Time :happy:

Now what did I tell ya?! :D

Seriously, this only gets better with repeat viewings. I can see it endlessly and it never gets less funny.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

Now what did I tell ya?! :D

Seriously, this only gets better with repeat viewings. I can see it endlessly and it never gets less funny.

i will see it again, i have to return the movie tomorrow before 11pm, so... :happy:

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

Fantastic. :D

Other than the fact that it was so much fun to watch, the screenplay dialogue was wicked, Robert Downey Jr. Val Kilmer and Michelle Monaghen all were great, the cinematography was slick, the storyline was refreshingly complex, it was incredibly fast paced, I loved it. 2005 was pretty weak for me, so I think I can safely say this is one of the best movies of that year.

Only knack on it is that the last couple scenes took themselves a bit too seriously, for this type of movie that real world approach didn't really work IMO. The last scene with Kilmer and the dad was pretty bad.

Anyways though, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang freaking rocks.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:24 pm
You must have big rats

Whoever still hasn't seen this little gem, should go and rent it right now!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:36 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

A

Fantastic. :D

Other than the fact that it was so much fun to watch, the screenplay dialogue was wicked, Robert Downey Jr. Val Kilmer and Michelle Monaghen all were great, the cinematography was slick, the storyline was refreshingly complex, it was incredibly fast paced, I loved it. 2005 was pretty weak for me, so I think I can safely say this is one of the best movies of that year.

Only knack on it is that the last couple scenes took themselves a bit too seriously, for this type of movie that real world approach didn't really work IMO. The last scene with Kilmer and the dad was pretty bad.

Anyways though, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang freaking rocks.

I agree but it one of my favorite lines with Downey at the end.

"that was some pretty hard shit, you know goosh goosh with the old man, but dont worry about that, he's creepy, so fuck him."

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:50 am
On autopilot for the summer

I loaned it to my brother, but when i do, I need to watch it with the commentary, Kilmer does great ones,and since Downey does it with him, can't wait.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:54 am
Killing With Kindness

Kilmer is the man, wish he would act more and in bigger roles.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Just watched it. Good solid movie. Downey and Kilmer were great. The scene where he pissed on the corpse was hilarious, and Perrys reaction was priceless. Plot had me confused, but I like the way the movie had a narrator, and kind of like a book, with day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, and epilogue. Just a solid good film. A-/B+

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
life begins now

Uh, so I was visiting my grandma in Virginia and Shane Black (The writer/director of KKBB) comes up in discussion. Apparently, he grew up with my Dad and his siblings...lived right down the street. My grandma had mentioned him before, but while watching the movie, I had no idea it was this guy. She is still friends with his mother, even though she moved from Pittsburgh to Virginia over 20 years ago. All the mothers from back then had a little get together not too long ago and they are planning another, I think.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:29 pm
Profile YIM
Award Winning Bastard

It's a crime that Son of the Mask can open in nearly 3000 theaters but nobody took a flyer on this one. Great style, good script, interesting characters, funny, ...

I don't if it caught on on DVD, but it deserved better than it got with it's theatrical release. I'd like to see a sequel.

B+

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:48 pm
You must have big rats

Oh, I have seen this one, by the way.

It's a crime that Son of the Mask can open in nearly 3000 theaters but nobody took a flyer on this one. Great style, good script, interesting characters, funny, ...

I don't if it caught on on DVD, but it deserved better than it got with it's theatrical release. I'd like to see a sequel.

B+

The grade should be higher than this :)

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Squee

Wow, this movie took me completely by surprise. I thought it would be decent, but I didn't think it would be great, which it was. I just had a complete blast watching the movie. I am worn out.

Nice action, great characters, great writing. Surprisingly hilarious. I need to lie down.

***1/2

:glare:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:05 pm
Veteran

Hilarious. All three leads were perfect. I need to watch this again to catch all the great lines. My grade: A.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

It is one of the most rewatchable films of the last couple of years.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
htm

It is one of the most rewatchable films of the last couple of years.

Yes, we watched it again the other night and this really is one of the funniest films of recent memory. I'm going to have to buyit next time I see a used copy at MovieStop.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:01 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:14 pm
loyalfromlondon

One of the funniest and most innovative films in recent years. So many things work well for this film, from the compelling mystery to the great performances by the leads, from the razor-sharp humour to the satiric narrator. Pretty much hilarious from start to finish, utilizing both quick one-liners and sight gags, but remains smart throughout. Very entertaining.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:48 pm
I just lost the game

Strangely unique and compelling. I can't decide who was better, Kilmer or Downey. I would say that they both stole the show if it weren't for the fact that it is impossible. The dialogue was incredibly snappy and witty. The characters felt real and refreshing. The plot, while complex, drew me in right away (with much help from the incredible dialogue). There were so many great quotes. My favorite:

"She's had sex almost as much as she's had a hot meal"
"I heard about that. It was close and then one Thursday she skipped lunch."

:lol: A

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:50 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Post Re:
Maverikk wrote:
Oh, I have seen this one, by the way.

I doub't if it caught on on DVD, but it deserved better than it got with it's theatrical release. I'd like to see a sequel.

B+

I just wanted to correct one injustice. This is one of the best movies I've seen in the last 5 years or so, actually. It's very rewatchable. It deserved a much better fate at the box office. It should be required viewing if you're a true movie fan!

A

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Yep, this is my favorite movie of 05 now and probably in my top 100 overall.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 am
Stanley Cup

film that continues to grow for me

A-

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 am
The Wall

9/10 -> A-

I've been wanting to see this movie for two years now, but I'd always delay it. Not sure why. I finally saw it and it's brilliant. A superb mash of crime, mystery, thriller, (neo)noir, action, comedy, drama, spoof movies...

The beginning of the movie (after the freaky but hillarious "I'm going to be an actress." scene) at the party is a bit slow, but when things get into high gear the movie never stops the rampage of characters and situations they come into and things they uncover.

If you haven't seen it yet, just get it the fastest way possible and watch it. :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next