Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 29 ]
B 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
C 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
F 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 43

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 

Post Re: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
I could tell halfway through the movie that this is the kind of film I need to see 3 times or more before I can really comment on/analyze it. I liked it the first time through, thought the mystery plotline was kind of....obnoxious, but I really do need to see it again to appreciate the dialogue and clever touches of the film. The one thing I will say is "why val kilmer? I mean, why oh why val fucking kilmer?"

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:55 am
Stanley Cup

uh val kilmer was great in the role

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:03 am
The Wall

Jim Halpert wrote:
uh val kilmer was great in the role

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:43 am
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

yeah, monsieur marin, that was one of your sillier john savageisms

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:58 am

I've found myself disagreeing with all of your opinions on acting before and I have to do it again. I thought Kilmer was noxiously bad. He couldn't deliver the fast paced dialogue like RDJ and Monaghan which really made it drag a little at the wrong moments, and his attitude just seemed very off for a douchey homo. The fact that I absolutely hated his character may have been part of that too.
Either way I really should see this again before trying to conduct an intelligent argument.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:49 pm
I love this movie and thought Val Kilmer was right on task and fit in great, he was hilarious.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:53 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Perry: My $2000 ceramic Vektor my mother got me as a special gift. You threw in the lake next to the car. What happens when they drag the lake? You think they'll find my pistol. Jesus. Look up "idiot" in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
Harry: A picture of me?
Perry: No! The definition of the word idiot, which you fucking are!

This is more to remind how awesome Val was not aiming this at Savage!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:37 pm
You must have big rats

Magnus wrote:
John Savage wrote:
I've found myself disagreeing with all of your opinions on acting before and I have to do it again. I thought Kilmer was noxiously bad. He couldn't deliver the fast paced dialogue like RDJ and Monaghan which really made it drag a little at the wrong moments, and his attitude just seemed very off for a douchey homo. The fact that I absolutely hated his character may have been part of that too.
Either way I really should see this again before trying to conduct an intelligent argument.

No I think the problem is that you didn't see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Because if you did, you wouldn't be saying any of the shit you're saying now.

Agreed.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

Magnus wrote:
John Savage wrote:

No I think the problem is that you didn't see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Because if you did, you wouldn't be saying any of the shit you're saying now.

It can't possibly be that I simply have a dissenting opinion on this particular occasion?

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:00 pm
You must have big rats

John Savage wrote:
Magnus wrote:
John Savage wrote:

It can't possibly be that I simply have a dissenting opinion on this particular occasion?

I can't fathom how anyone in their right mind would have this opinion, though.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:04 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, I renew my claim that I need to stfu about this movie. I saw it once with my friend while we trying to make plans to get drunk, not the ideal situation. I'll give it a second watch when I have the chance and get back to you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:08 pm
You must have big rats

I think Kilmer deserved some awards consideration for this (and so did the screenplay). And I am completely serious.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

I'm standing on thin air at the moment. Upon a second watch I might, but for now, I'd just end up looking like a fewl.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:20 am
The Lubitsch Touch

Let him scamper off. Misguided criticism of the best-ever performance from the generally sly and underrated Val Kilmer is not the kind of behavior we should be encouraging.

I definitely don't grasp how someone can love this movie but "hate" the Gay Perry character, who gets most of the best lines.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:02 am
You must have big rats

So...Michael A., did you get a chance to see it again since then?

Because after five viewings by now, I still claim that not only is Val Kilmer the best thing about this film (along with the screenplay), but the movie is also one of the most fun and most rewatchable films of the last decade.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Lecter wrote:
So...Michael A., did you get a chance to see it again since then?

Because after five viewings by now, I still claim that not only is Val Kilmer the best thing about this film (along with the screenplay), but the movie is also one of the most fun and most rewatchable films of the last decade.

I have not, although when I eventually do, considering how much my taste and knowledge of film has changed since then, well we'll have to see.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
i thought this was mildly entertaining but relied too much on quick and easy laughs. i would suggest robert altmans "the long goodbye" as a film that handles genre deconstruction in a less obvious and more delicate and mature manner, but with equally hilarious results. btw i'm rather shocked that yoshue loved this movie so much - this is a crime worthy of expulsion from the kj club of snobs.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5