Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Phantom Force 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Phantom Force 
College Boy Z

Post Phantom Force
Phantom Force

Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:04 pm
You must have big rats

This is the movie in concern

I have never heard of it before I have seen it as I am not a big fan of cheap DTV sci-fi actioners. Well, my brother got it from a friend and I borrowed it because I didn't have much to watch at that time. As expected this was a pretty bad flick, but surprisingly it did have some interesting ideas in it. Most of them were rip-off's of other, much superior movies, but nonetheless some potential was there. There are some neat scenes and the entire set-up of the story is somewhat intriguing. Another thing I liked about this movie is that the deaths were not as predictable as I originally thought. Some characters I expected to survive the entire movie died pretty early on while others I definitely expected to die, lived. A nice change.

The rest, however, is to say it mildly, terrible. The visual effects are certainly on DTV-levels. I have seen another DTV movie recently, Blast and that one shows that even in DTV flicks you can have good production values. This one didn't. Which then again fits its $1.5 million budget. The acting is beyond bad. It was even bad for DTV standards. And please don't let me get into the villains who were supposed to be the unstoppable army of hell, but in fact were 5-6 Viking-like, gruntling and axe-swinging alikes. The movie was supposed to be a horror flick apparently, but where was the horror? All I got were some unintentional laughs. There was one well-made and creative death scene, though.

It is not one of the worst DTV flicks I have ever seen. In fact I have seen much worse. But I still can't recomment it. Quite a stupid sci-fi actioner and not a good time-waster.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]