Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Jungle Book (1967) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

The Jungle Book (1967) 
College Boy Z

Post The Jungle Book (1967)
The Jungle Book

Quote:
The Jungle Book is a 1967 American animated film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. Released on October 18, 1967, it is the 19th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. It was inspired by the stories about the feral child Mowgli from the book of the same name by Rudyard Kipling. The movie contains a number of classic songs, including "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wan'na Be Like You". Most of the songs were written by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman. Directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, it was the last to be produced by Walt Disney, who died during its production. The film grossed over $73 million in the United States in its first release, and as much again from two re-releases.

Another movie I don't remember well.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:16 pm
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

I've seen this film so many times and I love it so much!
with some of the best voice casting in it! (this was the first animated film to feature an all star cast)

A

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Jungle Book (1967)
A

"Baloo, birds of a feather should flock together. You wouldn't marry a panther now, would you?"

"I don't know."

I think The Jungle Book is just as good as all the other Disney Classics, but it's never really stood up to them. I'm pretty sure it's because of the songs. They are good, but I really only like "I Wan'na Be Like You" where as in most of the other Disney Classics, I enjoy several of the songs. But other that the songs not being, I suppose catchy enough, is the only reason it falls behind most of the others for me. But it's still an all time favorite, yet again.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Jungle Book (1967)
This is probably the most overrated Disney film. Seems to be among the most beloved. But the story is probably among the weakest. I literally think it’s only well liked because of the 2 famous songs. Shere Khan is not that interesting of a villain, and Mowgli is not a very relatable protagonist. The animation also still looks worse than the 1950’s films.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 am
The Kramer

Post Re: The Jungle Book (1967)
This one is very Sword in the Stoneish for the first half, a series of vaguely connected skits about life in the jungle. To be fair, that's what The Jungle Book is, but it wasn't making for a very interesting story. Luckily they get the bare necessities right by the end when Shere Khan finally comes in and are able to produce an exciting finale.

B-

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]