Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Rescuers Down Under 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

The Rescuers Down Under 
College Boy Z

Post The Rescuers Down Under
The Rescuers Down Under

Quote:
The Rescuers Down Under is a 1990 American animated film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and first released by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Distribution on November 16, 1990. The twenty-ninth film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics, the film is the sequel (Disney's first for an animated feature) to the 1977 Disney animated film The Rescuers, which was based on the novels of Margery Sharp. This film, along with Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh are the only Disney sequels that are part of the Disney canon, as all three were produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. The film takes place in the Australian Outback, and was the second film released during the Disney Renaissance (1989–1999) era, which had begun the year before with The Little Mermaid.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: The Rescuers Down Under
B

I enjoyed it more than the original actually, but feel it isn't as good. This is an underated Disney series!

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Antichrist

The bourgeoisification of Bianca and Bernie is an insult to the first movie. There are some funny moments and two good new characters (the villains), but the whole flick is a major letdown.
C

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:31 am
life begins now

I like this more than the original...very underrated I think.

B

Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:32 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

The story is just alright here as is the villain. It loses the schmaltziness of the original and the animation obviously is stunning as the first computer animated movie ever. Satisfying as an action flick even if the characters and story don’t stay with you. The eagle flight sequences are incredible, especially considering this came out in 1990. Surprised they didn’t drive more hype for the film.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:43 pm
The Kramer

I enjoyed the opening of this movie, specifically the Disneyfication of Australian animals (though those Eagles only exist in Lord of the Rings.) Then they go back to Bernard and Bianca and ... ehhh. We have a long scene of them travelling to the land down under, then more long scenes of them figuring out what is going on, meanwhile the new kid and new villains are just sitting around waiting for the mice to catch up... I dunno, it didn't really work for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, but it was still better than its sequel. I guess Disney had one more hiccup in its system before ripping off its streak of 90s classics.

C

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]