Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Brothers Grimm 

What grade would you give this film?
A 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 18

The Brothers Grimm 
You must have big rats

Just noticed that I never commented on it.

Well, I liked it, quite a lot actually. It's a pure fun film, with a great pairing of Matt Damon and Heath Ledger (but Ledger sticks out as the better one). Peter Stormare as Cavaldi teals the show in several scenes. I liked his way over-the-top turn. The art direction is great as the sets, the decorations and the costumes are beautiful. All in all, it is a creative film and I really enjoyed picking up nods to different fairy tales of the Grimm brothers.

The ending was sadly rather anti-climatic and way beyond realism. Still, a very enjoyable fantasy flick.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

B-

A bit surpriseds I still ahvent comented on this film.

Anway its a fun watch, I agree with lecter, Ledger was beter than Damon, I was quite surprised with his performance it was outstanding.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Visually magnificent. The art direction, cinematography, costumes, etc. It was very engrossing. Except for the CGI. The CGI was just bad. Sometimes it looked kind of story-book-ish, which I thought would have been a nice touch. But other times it's just bad. Ledger and Damon gave surprisingly memorable performances. Major kudos for them. The first hour and a half was remarkable, but for whatever reason, the last thirty minutes just didn't do it for me and killed the movie for me. Still, I'd definitely recomend it. I give it a solid B.

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:01 am
All Star Poster

this movie was a fun watch';)', plus the outfitts the charaters where are cool

B

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:58 am
Draughty

B+ This film oozes imagination and collaboration. A great ensemble, I liked all the cast including the villains. Peter Stomare was hilarious. The main things the Brothers Grimm needed though were 1) Better music and 2) A more developed love story. The way the love story was presented, it seemed as if Ledger loved Headey but Headey loved Damon. Was that intended? I'm not sure. They needed a more satisfying ending of that plotline.

It's the most underrated movie of the last couple years, since many didn't even give it a chance.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Post Re: The Brothers Grimm
Meh. Gilliam is right, he script is pretty awful, and just about ruins what sounds like an awesome idea on paper initially. Ledger and Damon were serviceable and charming, though not much more. It's visually exciting in the traditional sense, and could've been a true visual treat if not for the truly godawful visual effects. There was nary a visual effect I didn't cringe at, and the only real cool one was probably the oily-gooey-thing, which was both cute and slightly disturbing. Otherwise, yeah, a watchable mess.

**/****

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2