Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 15 Minutes 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

15 Minutes 
College Boy Z

Post 15 Minutes
15 Minutes

Quote:
15 Minutes is a 2001 film starring Robert De Niro and Edward Burns. It is about a homicide detective and a fire marshal who must stop a couple of Eastern European murderers from videotaping their killing and becoming sensationalized by the media. Melina Kanakaredes and Kelsey Grammer, both well-known for their TV performances, co-star. Its title is a reference to the famous Andy Warhol quotation, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

I liked it, but it could have been a lot better. Kelsey Grammer was a blast, though.

B-

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:02 pm
You must have big rats

Ah, I remember this was one of the only four movies that I was ever rejected the entry to (the other two being Saving Private Ryan, The Crow and my second viewing of M:I-2) because it was Cert. 18 (which means only people 18 or above were allowed to see it) and I was only 15 at that time. Well, that made me even more curious since the movie was supposed to be very gruesome with this rating (considering that's usually the only reason why movies get high ratings here, the rating boards are very lenient with language/nudity), so I simply snuck in a month or two later after having bought a ticket for Miss Congeniality.

Well, anyway. The movie was decent, but nothing outstanding and certainly not a highlight of de Niro's career. It wasn't really violent, so I am a bit clueless about its rating here. I did find it shocking that de Niro was actually killed. Didn't see that coming. The both killers were really good, not any worse than de Niro. I really enjoyed the pay-off, but on the whole the movie wasn't outstanding.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]