Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 What will be the second highest opener of November? 

What will be the highest unFrozen opener in Nov 2019?
Doctor Sleep 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Terminator Dark Fate 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Ford v Ferrari 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Midway 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

What will be the second highest opener of November? 
The Kramer

Post What will be the second highest opener of November?
November 2019, like many other months this year, has one huge Disney film surrounded by a bunch of maybes. Frozen 2 might outgross every other movie combined. But, there is some potential here for a second (or even third) breakout here. What will it be?

Current predictions:

Nov 1 - Terminator Dark Fate ~$25M: Genisys opened with a $42.5M 5-day back in 2015 (was it really only four years?). American audiences are mostly done with this series, but I think nostalgia for T2 alone could keep it from being an all out trainwreck (like Hellboy). It's still a flop though and will need big numbers from Asia if we are to avoid another Terminator reboot in 2023.

Nov 8 - Doctor Sleep ~$30M: This should be the favorite. The Shining has gained quite a reputation through the years, and its been recently boosted by Ready Player One's homage. If this was a straight up remake I'd be calling for $50M+. But as a sequel, without the name Shining in the title, its prospects are up in the air.

Midway ~$20m: It doesn't have Nolan directing, but it does have Americans. And Americans love watching Americans do heroic stuff during WW2.

Nov 15 - Ford v Ferrari ~$20M: This has a good trailer and enough starpower to beat Charlie's Angels and open at #1, but I don't see it going any higher than this. Strong legs should take it to $100M.

Nov 22 - A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood ~$30M: Without doubt, this will be the second-highest grossing movie of the month. But how many will rush out to see it opening weekend vs waiting a little bit?

I'm gonna vote for Sleep, but it will be a photo finish between it and Mr. Rogers.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:38 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: What will be the second highest opener of November?
Terminator should at least do better than Men in Black... I think it'll do 33m+.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:54 pm
Superfreak

sleep

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:15 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I hadn't realized how tragic this line up is. If WB had moved Pokemon to the first week of November it could've been so much bigger.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:05 pm
Veteran

Terminator

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 pm
Wallflower

Doctor Sleep or Terminator. Though Doctor Sleep really should have opened in October. I'm sure WB wanted to keep Joker and it apart but October just would have been better for it. Even starting it the last weekend of October would be better. Would certainly open bigger.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]