Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Weekend Estimates 
Extraordinary

Post Weekend Estimates
Child's Play - 14

Previews made a pretty big percentage of the opening. Even Jigsaw did more with 1.6m previews.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Weekend Estimates
Pets 2 dropped 58%, at $117.5m now after its third weekend. The first Pets movie was at $116m by its first Monday.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 am
Extraordinary

Toy Story 4 - 118m

So... it did below TS3 adjusted.

Incredibles 2 multiplier would give it a 393m total. 400m will likely happen. Not a bad result at all but expectations just really got out of line after almost everything started disappointing and presales started out strong.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:16 am
Romosexual!

Tracking has failed us once again :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 am
The Kramer

I fee like we were all in this range before summer began. Then Fandango, the atrocious last few weeks at the box office and Magnus (its mostly his fault) riled everybody up into thinking it could be a record slayer.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 am
Extraordinary

Anna didn't even get into top 10 lol

Wonder how it would've done with another lead.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:41 am
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I fee like we were all in this range before summer began. Then Fandango, the atrocious last few weeks at the box office and Magnus (its mostly his fault) riled everybody up into thinking it could be a record slayer.

Yes :mad: ITS ALL MAGNUS FAULT!!! :P

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:47 am
Extraordinary

It would be something if FFH does Homecoming numbers and Lion King does "just" 450m lol

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am
The Kramer

Nah. Those two movies (and others in July) are part of the reason the box office is so bad right now. It’s easier to sell people movies they don’t want if there aren’t any movies they do want on the near horizon.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:16 pm
Forum General

This actually isn't a bad opening for TS4, but it is very underwhelming when you take into consideration how optimistic the projectionist were with the tracking. I mean Deadline actually put it out there that other projectionists were thinking that a $200M OW was a real possibility. The dead market and the rave reviews seemed to only inflate those expectations even further, and while I always thought $200M was a bit of a stretch I honestly didn't think it would go sub $150M.

I believe this makes FD and I2's performances a lot more impressive in comparison, especially I2. Those two really benefited from that 14 year gap between their predecessors and were able to build up a huge audience over time that showed up in droves over the OW. I'm curious to see what the legs will look like, but anything under $400M would be pretty surprising to me when I have heard nothing, but great things about it.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I'm not surprised. This is the fourth film, it's rare for an animated franchise to keep increasing at this point. It will still be a big success. I should've listened to my gut instinct, there really was no reason for this to see a bump over Part 3, especially when it looked underwhelming from the marketing.

Lol @ Disney syphoning some cash to Aladdin though.

I wish Rocketman were having better legs. I'm also surprised by its performance overseas, I guess Elton isn't that relevant anymore outside of English-speaking countries?

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don't think people were asking for a Toy Story 4, but I'm still pretty surprised. I thought the good reviews might lead to a lot of buzz

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:42 pm
Romosexual!

publicenemy#1 wrote:
It would be something if FFH does Homecoming numbers and Lion King does "just" 450m lol

That would suck! Lol

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Extraordinary

Looks like TS4 actuals are over 120m, which was the bar I set for being "disapointing" lol. It's a good opening all things considered. 400m will happen, maybe over TS3 which is very good even with inflation.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm
Forum General

Barrabás wrote:
I'm not surprised. This is the fourth film, it's rare for an animated franchise to keep increasing at this point. It will still be a big success. I should've listened to my gut instinct, there really was no reason for this to see a bump over Part 3, especially when it looked underwhelming from the marketing.

I wish Rocketman were having better legs. I'm also surprised by its performance overseas, I guess Elton isn't that relevant anymore outside of English-speaking countries?

Did they really give some money to Aladdin or was the Aladdin hold a result of double features with Toy Story 4 at drive ins?

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

SolC9 wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Did they really give some money to Aladdin or was the Aladdin hold a result of double features with Toy Story 4 at drive ins?

Yep it's this. Aladdin was going to hold well this weekend being that most drive-ins had that with Toy Story 4.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Homo Dperious

SolC9 wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Disney uses the contract to keep screens for Aladdin.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]