Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 am



Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019) 

Domestic gross
Poll runs till Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:55 am
Less than $450m 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
$450m-500m 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
$500m-550m 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
$550m-600m 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
$600m-650m 26%  26%  [ 8 ]
$650m-700m 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
$700m-750m 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
$750m-800m 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
$800m-850m 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
$850m-900m 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
$900m-950m 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
$950m-1b 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
more than $1b 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31

 Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019) 
Author Message
Forum General

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 8129
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
The D23 footage has boosted my confidence in this again. At least as far as this grossing over $600M domestic, but I still see it opening under TLJ. Something close to or around Flava'd's prediction wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being more well liked by the GA or crowd pleasing for the fans.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am
Profile
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20477
Location: Places
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
cmon.

Theyre going to release a fx-heavy trailer full of nostalgia set to Williams themes and hype will explode again no question.

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm
Profile
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20477
Location: Places
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Magnus wrote:
for the life of me I don't understand why they decided to have TLJ happen literally RIGHT after TFA. The first two movies take place in one week basically. It's very odd choice for a epic trilogy.

You can debate whether TLJ is good or bad or meh, but it was 100% the wrong story to tell from a commercial level.


yup basically :grrr:

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:46 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 15830
Location: Classified
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Magnus wrote:
He got death threats cause of a dumb sequence with Leia, an even dumber subplot on casino planet, and an even dumber subplot with the ship captain not revealing her plan to her people and causing a mutiny.
And its just a coincidence that all the things that Rian did to ruin Star Wars had something to do with the female characters? :P

The thing is, they will all be back and say that Star Wars is great again. That’s the most predictable outcome of all.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:25 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56010
Location: The District
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
The casino planet has a black dude too. Please don't limit criticism by gender when there's a clear racial issue as well.

all jokes aside, its amusing that woke defenders of TLJ actually think its about gender. Everyone loved Rey getting the lightsaber in TFA. It's one of the best moments in the entire Star Wars saga. Mostly everyone loved Jyn Erso in Rogue One. But all of a sudden, with TLJ, SW fans just started to hate women just for the sake of hating women.

The bad writing is cause its bad writing. If Laura Dern's character was actually male, it still be completely dumb. The casino planet isn't bad cause there's an Asian chick; it's bad because everything about it, from the black dude to Benico Del Toro, is bad.

Now, you can enjoy bad writing. I enjoy the PT and it's 100% badly written. But don't deny it.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:26 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Magnus wrote:
The casino planet has a black dude too. Please don't limit criticism by gender when there's a clear racial issue as well.

all jokes aside, its amusing that woke defenders of TLJ actually think its about gender. Everyone loved Rey getting the lightsaber in TFA. It's one of the best moments in the entire Star Wars saga. Mostly everyone loved Jyn Erso in Rogue One.

The bad writing is cause its bad writing. If Laura Dern's character was actually male, it still be completely dumb. The casino planet isn't bad just cause there's an Asian chick; it's bad because everything about it, from the black dude to Benico Del Toro, is bad.

Now, you can enjoy bad writing. I enjoy the PT and it's 100% badly written. But don't deny it.


Uh this is 100% bullshit. She STILL gets "mary sue" comments TO THIS DAY over that scene/fight.

Also, Dern didn't tell Poe the plan, because he was just a fucking idiot who got demoted.

And again, the casino planet stuff is seen as "bad writing" because it became entirely pointless. It was not bad writing.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:34 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56010
Location: The District
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
it being entirely pointless is bad writing.

You're talking to someone who likes the Ewoks in ROTJ to this day. They weren't a great idea and definitely lessened the impact of the film. I get enjoying things that aren't well written and I get trying to find a defense for this. It happens. Admitting is the first step.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
No, it's not bad writing. Because that's what those characters would've done at that time. Sorry you're a chud and just now realizing it.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:49 pm
Profile
Online
Indiana Jones IV
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 1945
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Huge stan of TLJ. It actually held better than ESB and AOTC, the other middle movies. I don’t have high expectations for this one though. The franchise has taken a beating lately. At this point I just want the trend to continue of the third Skywalker movie doing better than the second. I’ll be happy with that.

_________________
I believe in God as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

I was blind, but now I see.


Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm
Profile
Angels & Demons

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 254
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Saying TLJ is better than ESB is blasphemy.

Calling Rey a Mary Sue has nothing to do with gender. If she was a male doing the exact same thing he would be a Gary Stu.

She is a Mary Sue because she falls into the categorical definition of a Mary Sue.

Mary Sue - a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

Rey, wins a lightsaber battle against a trained Sith/Jedi the first time she wields it. Rey is a better pilot than Han Solo of Millennium Falcon almost immediately. Rey literally talks down ("there is still good in him" Luke Skywalker (in reference to the most evil person in the Galaxy Darth Vader))

She is 100% unequivocally a Mary Sue.

And with that said, I love her and her character. But jeez...there is no arguing that.

_________________
Proclaimed King of Loonies!


Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 254
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Chippy wrote:
No, it's not bad writing. Because that's what those characters would've done at that time. Sorry you're a chud and just now realizing it.


Sorry, you are wrong. It is horrendous writing.

Why would the captain of a ship not tell her whole crew her plan to save them when her best pilot is literally committing mutiny because he thinks the lack of a plan is going to cost them all their lives. Your explanation is that everyone would captain this way? Interesting.

I don't even want to get into the fact that the entire movie didn't even matter until we found out said Captain had a plan all along. The casino scene could have been written out of the movie and had ZERO effect on the plot. That is a tell tale sign of bad writing.

_________________
Proclaimed King of Loonies!


Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Moviebuf wrote:
Saying TLJ is better than ESB is blasphemy.

Calling Rey a Mary Sue has nothing to do with gender. If she was a male doing the exact same thing he would be a Gary Stu.

She is a Mary Sue because she falls into the categorical definition of a Mary Sue.

Mary Sue - a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

Rey, wins a lightsaber battle against a trained Sith/Jedi the first time she wields it. Rey is a better pilot than Han Solo of Millennium Falcon almost immediately. Rey literally talks down ("there is still good in him" Luke Skywalker (in reference to the most evil person in the Galaxy Darth Vader))

She is 100% unequivocally a Mary Sue.

And with that said, I love her and her character. But jeez...there is no arguing that.


Y'all are literally the dumbest people alive.
1. She didn't "win" the lightsaber. At best it was a draw, against a severely wounded Kylo Ren.
2. She's not a better pilot. Just showing her flying the falcon doesn't make her a better pilot.
3. She's trying to reason with him.

And 100000% bullshit on if she was a dude this would still be happening. Nobody said a fucking word about Luke Skywalker, a fucking farmer, being the greatest Jedi in the galaxy.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 am
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Moviebuf wrote:
Chippy wrote:
No, it's not bad writing. Because that's what those characters would've done at that time. Sorry you're a chud and just now realizing it.


Sorry, you are wrong. It is horrendous writing.

Why would the captain of a ship not tell her whole crew her plan to save them when her best pilot is literally committing mutiny because he thinks the lack of a plan is going to cost them all their lives. Your explanation is that everyone would captain this way? Interesting.

I don't even want to get into the fact that the entire movie didn't even matter until we found out said Captain had a plan all along. The casino scene could have been written out of the movie and had ZERO effect on the plot. That is a tell tale sign of bad writing.


WHY would the brand new captain, in a time of crisis, tell her recently demoted/reprimanded fighter pilot, who has NOTHING to do with this plan, what the plan is? That makes no logical sense. Y'all just are rooting for a dickhead because he's hot, and a dude.

Sorry you're fucking bitter as shit that your male hormones couldn't jerk off the whole movie to Luke with his shirt off.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:52 am
Profile
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 29610
Location: the last free city
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

_________________
2019! The year Disney takes the box office. ALL THE $$$

Fuck the Orange Clown!


Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:41 am
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56010
Location: The District
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Why? Because he causes a mutiny for no reason because she specifically isn’t telling him her plan. There’s literally no reason NOT to tell him. There’s no value in keeping it a secret.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:29 am
Profile
Dont Mess with the Gez
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:54 am
Posts: 20716
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
The Captain's actions were ridiculous. Worst part of the film. I prefer the casino scenes.

_________________


What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934



Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Magnus wrote:
Why? Because he causes a mutiny for no reason because she specifically isn’t telling him her plan. There’s literally no reason NOT to tell him. There’s no value in keeping it a secret.


There's less value in telling a recently disciplined subordinate a secret plan, when he has clearly shown the incapacity to follow orders.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 am
Profile
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 29610
Location: the last free city
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Yes people! This is a military operation that’s happening after all

_________________
2019! The year Disney takes the box office. ALL THE $$$

Fuck the Orange Clown!


Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 am
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56010
Location: The District
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
There's no value in keeping it a secret. It doesn't need to be a secret plan except it creates a artificial conflict for the movie because the movie doesn't know what to do with its characters outside of Kylo/Rey/Luke. And when it becomes more obvious that keeping it a secret is causing more issues, it's still kept for no god damn reason. Also, said character becomes promoted at the end despite doing everything wrong and never doing anything right. The movie is inconsistent as hell with their character arcs (minus Kylo/Rey) and doesn't know what it's actually saying most of the time.

If you want to say you don't care about the issue with B-plot of TLJ, that's fine. Most movies have issues and the ones we love we tend to look past them. But forcing this defense of it is pathetic.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 am
Profile
KJ's Leading Pundit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 61783
Location: Tonight... YOU!
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Poe was promoted because he showed the slight ability to change on Crait, and then was literally one of the only options because of the amount of deaths.

I'm not trying to convince you, you all have clearly made up your minds.

_________________
trixster wrote:
shut the fuck up zwackerm, you're out of your fucking element

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump


Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 15830
Location: Classified
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Yeahhh Poe got promoted because everyone else is dead.

Admiral Hoto and Cantoblight are both there to hammer down the theme of the movie - everyone lives in a shitty grey world, where these shitty people are profiting off both the empire and rebel alliance (Del Toro helps the heroes accomplish their mission and then betrays them anyways) and most importantly, heroes fuck up too. That's crucial to the deconstruction of the Jedi and Sith orders that is the key to the A-plot of the movie - the love story between Rey and Kylo.

Now if you have no interest in that type of story, and feel like its been shoved down your throat in what should have been a rollicking space adventure - then sure, complaints are justified. But to say that questionable story decisions are the primary reason for the backlash is incorrect. It is incels who feel their childhood was taken away from them by the mean progressives with their empowered girls and coloreds.

And no, I don't think of any of you that way. I remember most of you originally liked the movie a lot and this is your version of a backlash to the backlash to the backlash,


Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm
Profile
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5886
Location: New York
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
I enjoy TLJ more than any SW film since ESB/ROTJ.

Shame half of the fanboys reviled it so much.


Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56010
Location: The District
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

And no, I don't think of any of you that way. I remember most of you originally liked the movie a lot and this is your version of a backlash to the backlash to the backlash,


I saw the film on opening day and wrote that I found the B-plot to be the worst part of the movie and felt it held back a lot of the great elements in it. I didn’t even look at Twitter before I wrote my review.

I also don’t hate the movie as a whole at all because the Kylo/Rey stuff is really good for the most part. But it’s hard to ignore the over one hour of stuff that is not good.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Profile
Angels & Demons

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 254
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Chippy wrote:
Moviebuf wrote:
Saying TLJ is better than ESB is blasphemy.

Calling Rey a Mary Sue has nothing to do with gender. If she was a male doing the exact same thing he would be a Gary Stu.

She is a Mary Sue because she falls into the categorical definition of a Mary Sue.

Mary Sue - a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

Rey, wins a lightsaber battle against a trained Sith/Jedi the first time she wields it. Rey is a better pilot than Han Solo of Millennium Falcon almost immediately. Rey literally talks down ("there is still good in him" Luke Skywalker (in reference to the most evil person in the Galaxy Darth Vader))

She is 100% unequivocally a Mary Sue.

And with that said, I love her and her character. But jeez...there is no arguing that.


Y'all are literally the dumbest people alive.
1. She didn't "win" the lightsaber. At best it was a draw, against a severely wounded Kylo Ren.
2. She's not a better pilot. Just showing her flying the falcon doesn't make her a better pilot.
3. She's trying to reason with him.

And 100000% bullshit on if she was a dude this would still be happening. Nobody said a fucking word about Luke Skywalker, a fucking farmer, being the greatest Jedi in the galaxy.


Why the need to name call

1) She clearly won that fight. And of course that doesn't even include the overwhelming Kylo Ren's mind manipulation techniques and reading his mind instead on first try. There is no explaining around this one. This is clearly chalked up to Mary Sue gifts
2) Her being able to climb into the Millennium Falcon and immediately be able to fly it in a way that surprises Han falls right into Mary Sue
3) Yes...Rey is wiser than Luke freaking Skywalker...that is as Mary Sueish as it gets.

"And 100000% bullshit on if she was a dude this would still be happening. Nobody said a fucking word about Luke Skywalker, a fucking farmer, being the greatest Jedi in the galaxy."

Luke has story build up. In a New Hope, he has ONE major moment. That is blowing up the Death Star. The entire movie up to this point is explaining the force and how Luke is strong in it. It comes to fruition at the end. Up to that point there really isn't anything that is "omg how did he do that," like Rey is

In Empire Luke loses in embarrassing fashion to Vader, gets mauled by a Wampa and fails like 3 tests from Yoda (initial patience meeting, vs Vader in the cave, lifting x-wing), and is shown training hard to gain the powers he had

In Return, is the first one where he shows some Gary Stu features, but at that point they have explained how he has become a Jedi...with you know...character development.

Rey is just gifted with power. There is no explanation for why she is a good pilot. There is no explanation for why she is a Jedi class lightsaber duelist. She is just given what she needs in the moment for story telling purposes...that is called being a Mary Sue.

I really don't think there is an argument here.

_________________
Proclaimed King of Loonies!


Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 254
Post Re: Star Wars - Episode IX predictions (12/20/2019)
Chippy wrote:
Moviebuf wrote:
Chippy wrote:
No, it's not bad writing. Because that's what those characters would've done at that time. Sorry you're a chud and just now realizing it.


Sorry, you are wrong. It is horrendous writing.

Why would the captain of a ship not tell her whole crew her plan to save them when her best pilot is literally committing mutiny because he thinks the lack of a plan is going to cost them all their lives. Your explanation is that everyone would captain this way? Interesting.

I don't even want to get into the fact that the entire movie didn't even matter until we found out said Captain had a plan all along. The casino scene could have been written out of the movie and had ZERO effect on the plot. That is a tell tale sign of bad writing.


WHY would the brand new captain, in a time of crisis, tell her recently demoted/reprimanded fighter pilot, who has NOTHING to do with this plan, what the plan is? That makes no logical sense. Y'all just are rooting for a dickhead because he's hot, and a dude.

Sorry you're fucking bitter as shit that your male hormones couldn't jerk off the whole movie to Luke with his shirt off.


The question is why not. He is literally committing mutiny to keep you from enacting your plan. At that point you say, "Look, I didn't tell you but..." You don't continue to let him ruin your plans just because. There is NOTHING to gain from keeping it secret.

The 2nd part is just utter rubbish.

Luke didn't match his character that we knew at all. Luke literally saw good in Darth Vader, a man who had murdered uncountable innocents. Yet he is going to try and kill his nephew because of a vision when he was his master and knew he hadn't committed any crime? Puh-lease. It is completely made up plot nonsense that came out of no where. Horrendous writing.

Don't even get me started on one of the most anti-climactic villains ever in how he dealt with Snoke.

Part of writing for an established franchise is you don't get to start fresh with characters. You have to go off of the characters established personalities. In Last Jedi he just made it up as he went.

The movie had amazing visuals, and Rey/Kylo was indeed a lot of fun. But the story was absolutely horrendous on so many levels.

_________________
Proclaimed King of Loonies!


Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.