Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Interstellar (INTL) 
Author Message
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 11897
Location: Augsburg (2,034 years young)
Post Interstellar (INTL)
So INTERSTELLAR did $42m in 5 days in China and $35m in 11 days in South Korea (up 54 % in its 2nd weekend). They sure love Nolan over there...

_________________
Nothing Compares 2 U


Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20500
Location: Places
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Wordd.

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 56121
Location: The District
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
600m+ WW is gonna happen. Nolan won't have much issue getting another big budget film even if this disappointed domestically.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:02 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 11897
Location: Augsburg (2,034 years young)
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Germany is looking at a 20 % drop this weekend...

_________________
Nothing Compares 2 U


Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:54 am
Posts: 20500
Location: Places
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
mark66 wrote:
Germany is looking at a 20 % drop this weekend...


Nolan/Good/Bad/Horrible?

_________________
Ari Emmanuel wrote:
I'd rather marry lindsay Lohan than represent Mel Gibson.


Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:23 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63722
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
I could just tell that China would be huge. Sellouts everywhere, and lots of people opting for IMAX over traditional 2D.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:29 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 30324
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Its holds in holdover markets are very strong. Still I don't see it doing as good as Inception and making $500m+ OS. I am thinking $450m-$475m OS and $175m domestic for a $625m-$650m WW total which is great though well below Gravity because of domestic difference.


Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:40 pm
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 8170
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.


Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:29 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63722
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Dil wrote:
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.

Ok, you didn't see the film.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:00 am
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 8170
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.

Ok, you didn't see the film.


I'm talking about in comparison to other more established blockbusters like the Marvel superhero movies or Transformers.


Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:24 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63722
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Dil wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.

Ok, you didn't see the film.


I'm talking about in comparison to other more established blockbusters like the Marvel superhero movies or Transformers.

You're saying Transformers is more visually striking than Interstellar? No way.

It lacks explosions, sure, but not visuals.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:28 am
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 8170
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.

Ok, you didn't see the film.


I'm talking about in comparison to other more established blockbusters like the Marvel superhero movies or Transformers.

You're saying Transformers is more visually striking than Interstellar? No way.

It lacks explosions, sure, but not visuals.



I never said Transformers is more visually striking, but those movies were definitely easier sells OS than Interstellar which is far from your typical mainstream blockbuster. It has it's own spectacle for sure, but nothing that resembles likes of Avatar or even Inception.


Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:41 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63722
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Dil wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
Algren wrote:
Dil wrote:
It probably could have done better domestically, but considering that this is a blockbuster that lacks explosions and spectacle and is solely being sold on Nolan's name I would think $600M+ WW is a major win.

Ok, you didn't see the film.


I'm talking about in comparison to other more established blockbusters like the Marvel superhero movies or Transformers.

You're saying Transformers is more visually striking than Interstellar? No way.

It lacks explosions, sure, but not visuals.



I never said Transformers is more visually striking, but those movies were definitely easier sells OS than Interstellar which is far from your typical mainstream blockbuster. It has it's own spectacle for sure, but nothing that resembles likes of Avatar or even Inception.

It has the same, if not more, than Inception. It's just Inception has more action.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:43 am
Profile
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm
Posts: 427
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Very impressive overseas holds for Interstellar. We are still dreaming.

600M+ WW is easily possible.

In fact I'm going to be daring and say 700M+ WW is possible.

With these kind of overseas holds, and some markets increasing like South Korea, Interstellar has a great chance to hit 500M+ overseas alone. Markets like Japan remain a wild card. If this explodes in Japan, then 500M overseas is almost locked.

Also I still maintain a sliver of hope that domestically Interstellar will start to stretch out its long legs and muscle its way to at least 200M domestic.

For the weekend hold, the Friday hold was nothing special, the Saturday hold was exceptional, and the Sunday hold was good, but not great. So therefore we can conclude MOST people are only able to watch Interstellar on Saturday domestically.

I expect to see some extremely strong holds, likely even some increases for Interstellar during USA's Thanksgiving.

_________________
The Dark Knight Rises.

Image


Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 am
Profile
Ocarina of Time
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 7896
Location: Hyrule
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
I just hope Mockingjay doesn't hurt it OS.

_________________
Most Anticipated 2019

1. Toy Story 4
2. Joker
3. Shazam
4. Star Wars: Episode IX
5. Detective Pikachu
6. The Conjuring 3
7. Avengers Endgame
8. X-men Dark Phoenix
9. Godzilla 2: King of Monsters
10. The LEGO Movie 2


Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 am
Profile
Ocarina of Time
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 7896
Location: Hyrule
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Quote:
Around-the-World Roundup: 'Interstellar' Scores in China, Adds $106 Million Overseas

Christopher Nolan's Interstellar had another fantastic weekend at the international box office. Playing in 63 markets, the movie added $106 million for an early total of $224.1 million.

In China, Interstellar earned an estimated $42 million over its first five days. That's the second-biggest debut ever for Warner Bros. behind Pacific Rim (which received a boost from 3D pricing). The movie is now virtually guaranteed to earn over $100 million in this market.

Interstellar's holdover markets dropped just 22 percent on average, which is a great hold for this kind of release. In South Korea, it was up 11 percent to $15.8 million, which brings its total to a stunning $35.9 million. Within a week, it will be the highest-grossing live-action import since Iron Man 3.

The movie also held on to first place in the U.K. ($6 million), Russia ($5.3 million), France ($4.1 million), Germany ($3.6 million), Australia ($3.1 million) and Spain ($2 million).

So far, Interstellar is tracking 13 percent ahead of Inception and six percent ahead of Gravity. With an upcoming release in Japan, Interstellar is virtually guaranteed to close with at least $400 million overseas.

_________________
Most Anticipated 2019

1. Toy Story 4
2. Joker
3. Shazam
4. Star Wars: Episode IX
5. Detective Pikachu
6. The Conjuring 3
7. Avengers Endgame
8. X-men Dark Phoenix
9. Godzilla 2: King of Monsters
10. The LEGO Movie 2


Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63722
Post Re: Interstellar (INTL)
Brian wrote:
I just hope Mockingjay doesn't hurt it OS.

Not going to happen. Interstellar is made for intelligent film fans. The Hunger Games is made for complete fucking retards.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.