Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Frozen Cloudy Free Birds & Planes (INTL) 
Ocarina of Time

Post Re: Frozen Cloudy Free Birds & Planes (INTL)
The film is great and it attracted me, my family, friends and all the people who attended to the soldout screenings I went to this past weekend

Disney elements are there and the ones who do not see them are blind.

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

That holds for me as well. I have already seen the movie three times in theaters now ;)

But the fact remains that the marketing failed to get a good opening from a great product.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 am
Extraordinary

$394.6m FROZEN ($712.2m WW)

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

You know, $1 billion worldwide doesn't seem impossible for Frozen. $900 million is more or less locked up at the very least.

It added over $50 million overseas this past week, and those current markets should get it $500-525 million before taking into account the last 6 markets it has left. It'll earn at least $30 million in Japan, though I could see it doing more. Tangled earned almost $10 million in South Korea, so that should be the floor there. So, $550 million looks certain even if the last 4 markets would all be massive disappointments.

And the other 4 markets includes: Turkey, Sweden, Estonia, and China.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

3 of those markets are very minor and won't bring much money. A billion seems a bit of a stretch right now.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I do think $1b is a stretch at this point even with 6 more markets but it is going to be a MASSIVE hit for Disney. Currently looking at $575m OS total with a slight chance of $600m. Regardless $900m WW is pretty much locked up at this point.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:32 am
Extraordinary

I wouldn't rule out $1b yet - it's still going strong in many markets...

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Frozen:
Domestic - $12.0 million / $332.6 million
Overseas - $24.6 million / $426.5 million
Total - $759.1 million (+$46.9 million from last Sunday)

It still has Sweden (Jan. 31st), China (Feb. 5th), and Japan (Mar. 14th).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Still not making a billion. I just don't see it doing that well in China or Japan for that matter.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It could do well in China. Despicable Me 2 has been out here for 10 days and it is up to $34m....bear in mind that it's been available on all FREE online-streaming platforms for months, and Frozen has not been. But Frozen doesn't have the built-in fan base/sequel boost, so who knows. But I feel it could make at least $30m.

But it's also being released at the wrong time; the end of Chinese New Year (when all the kids and families go back to school/work). The Chinese government love doing that shit to foreign releases.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It might do 30, but it needs to do closer to 100 million probably to make a billion. These release dates are very late in both Japan and China.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Japan's date is excellent just like it was for all past March (Spring) releases like Monsters, Inc., Tangled, Enchanted, Wreck-It Ralph, etc. And if it would breakout, then it'll also benefit when Golden Week occurs in late April.

Besides competing against the annual Doraemon film, which has a pretty stable fanbase, it has the family audience all to itself throughout Spring Break. The later the release is for imported films, generally the better in Japan especially if they're a hit everywhere else first. A well-received film is able to generate a lot more buzz among audiences (remember Japanese very rarely go to the movies), and the distributor and theater owners are more keen to allocate it's screens/theaters better.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

$462.5m FROZEN ($810.3m WW)

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Frozen looks good for $400 m ish domestically, so $862.5 WW with the current overseas tally. Add in holdovers and 3 last markets and its going to be a stretch to $1 billion but much closer than anyone expected.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Frozen:
Domestic - $9.0 million (-23%) / $347.8 million (+$15.2 million)
Overseas - $20.2 million (-18%) / $462.5 million (+$36.0 million)
Worldwide - $810.3 million (+$51.2 million)

Upcoming: Sweden (Jan. 31st), China (Feb. 5th), and Japan (Mar. 14th).

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I changed my mind, as I just saw Frozen went UP 20% in SK and I think it has three days of holidays this upcoming week. I feel as though it can get to $400 m domestically, and another $70 m from existing holdovers as it added $36 m this week. That brings it to $937.5 m. With three markets left, I now think Frozen will get to $1 billion.

There are some big milestones that Disney will probably push it there otherwise. $987.5 for The Lion King, $965 m for DM2, and $919 m for Shrek 2. I can't see it getting past TLK and not get some type of re-release to push it to $1 billion somewhere...

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

$1 billion is becoming likely and it probably won't even need to reach $400 million domestically for that. China and Japan will probably deliver $100+ million together.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Frozen is going to beat MI2, DM2, CF, Man of Steel and The Hobbit 2 worldwide.

Shocking that The Hobbit 2 will get beat by Frozen ww. Frozen's ascent is much better to watch than Alice's, which was basking in Avatar's 3D buzz. Frozen's $1 billion is definitely as impressive as Skyfall for me.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

If it breaks $1 billion worldwide, it would probably be the second most impressive international run ever for an animated film for me, behind only the Lion King. It's just... so unexpectedly massive, doing much better both domestically and internationally than pretty much anyone could have anticipated.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Frozen's run is highly impressive regardless of $1b or not.

$1b is happening though. China and Japan should give it $100m and domestically it is looking at another $40m at the least. It should easily do $50m with Sweden and the holdovers since it did $36m this weekend.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:56 am
Extraordinary

$504m FROZEN ($864.4m WW)

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mark, can you list your sources so we can read the full articles? Thanks!

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

BOM updates the overseas totals before any articles are released, O. But Boxoffice.com has the early article up now: http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/20 ... m-overseas

Frozen:
Domestic - $9.3 million (+2.1%) / $360.0 million (+$12.2 million)
Overseas - $24.0 million (+18.8%) / $504.4 million (+$41.9 million)
Worldwide - $864.4 million (+$54.1 million)

Frozen saw another increase overseas and worldwide. $1 billion is looking really good now. It also saw the biggest opening for an animated film in Sweden this weekend ($2.2 million), and became the biggest animated film ever in South Korea ($44.7 million), too.

Upcoming: China (Feb. 5th) and Japan (Mar. 14th).

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Thanks!

Frozen could be at $904 m just from adding domestic. With holdovers, probably could get to $960 m. That's without the last 2 big markets left.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I'd go as ar as calling Frozen a near-lock for $1 billion worldwide now. It willm cruise past $500 million overseas without China and Japan and I am coninced that those two can deliver more than $100 million.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next