Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 23787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 952  Next
 Japan Box-Office: On Hiatus 
The Incredible Hulk

Post Re: Japan Box-Office: Demon Slayer Obliterating Record Books
Corpse wrote:
Monday looks good at various locations. It's tough to say if it's Sunday good, but it looks stronger than Saturday before the day starts. However, Monday will act like a traditional Sunday, beginning off very strong before slowing down later in the day and stalling out at night. I'd expect something between Saturday and Sunday, slightly closer to Sunday than Saturday. ¥26 billion after tomorrow is probably 50/50 right now.

Alo12345, you can check the Top Grossing Films Chart above to see, but it's ¥27.05 billion with the 3D re-release added for Titanic. But remember that re-releases aren't normally added to an original total in the market, so the news reports will say it passes Titanic when it gets above ¥26.20 billion.

And what is actually 100% locked if the corona virus allows it ? Some weeks ago you said $275M and now ?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Locked is a difficult thing to claim right now. And I don't think the virus itself is really the main concern here, as I would have expected a noticeable sign of slowdown by now I think. The people going to see the movie don't seem particularly concerned because: 1. Theaters are a relatively safe location with strict rules (temperature checks are mandatory, masks are mandatory, and no eating is allowed) with no clusters reported, and 2. The demand for the movie is beyond anything ever.

The only real threat to it is if theaters would close, and that's quite unlikely. Going back to 50% capacity on the weekends and holidays, perhaps, but an outright closure is going to take a major event, not just rising cases unless they get really out of control.

Since it'll surpass Spirited Away, it'll get to at least ¥30.81 billion (~$294 million), so I'd say that's the "locked" result as much as we can really project right now. But as long as things are going as is, and even if theaters would go back to 50% capacity as an extra-precaution, it's just going to stretch out its run further as long as the demand is still there, not exactly hurting it or anything.

But a lot of what I just said continues to be speculation, or at best, educated guesses. It's better if we go day-by-day versus wondering where it'll be at in a week, two weeks, a month+ from today.

And remember guys: This is it. There'll be nothing to follow like this again. This isn't like the Japan equivalent of Avatar, Star Wars VII, or Endgame (all of which don't even compare to Gone With the Wind adjusted for inflation) in the U.S. or something. It's significantly larger. I'm not going to say nothing will ever be able to compare to the numbers it's posted up until now or manage to beat it in the future, but this is very likely to be it. The biggest performance ever, and with records and achievements that will probably never be beatable in our lifetimes. As a result, everything by default becomes a bit less interesting in this regard.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Quick reminder about how holiday Mondays behave: Essentially, they're like normal Sundays. They start off very well in the morning and continue to do so in the afternoon, but then begin to slow later in the day before coming to a quick stall in the evening.

Just wanted to post this again as updates begin to come in today. Demon Slayer is on par with yesterday, which is amazing, but don't expect a similar end result from its comparable morning/afternoon sales. It, and Doraemon and the others, will likely fall behind after 5pm or so. Expect a noticeably stronger Monday than Saturdday though.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Post Objet : Box-office du Japon : Livres de disques anéantis par
I know this will be difficult but I hope a Monday 200% bigger than last week

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 pm
The Incredible Hulk

@Corpse, where I could find the first days at the usual locations of some films like Star Wars 9 or Avengers Endgame ? I would like to check something

Edit : I found

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If you're wondering how Demon Slayer's sixth Monday, its 39th-day in release, may compare to the opening day or first Saturday (first Sat. is preferable for most films since Friday is generally weaker) of major blockbusters of the past... Well, it's going to be on par with many of them (like the Star Wars sequel trilogy, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Beauty and the Beast, Weathering With You, etc.).

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Passed Frozen at around 10.30 am Monday.... (assume that it has not passed it since yesterday).

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:33 pm
Star Trek XI

Thinking 280-285k today. That's pretty nice. I was thinking more like 250k on Saturday.

Anyways that shall mean around ¥540mn Monday, taking it over ¥26Bn. Let's see how it goes.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 pm
Star Trek XI

charlie jat wrote:
Thinking 280-285k today. That's pretty nice. I was thinking more like 250k on Saturday.

Anyways that shall mean around ¥540mn Monday, taking it over ¥26Bn. Let's see how it goes.

It will need to get most of that as fast as it can before 6pm

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 pm
The Incredible Hulk

charlie jat wrote:

I don't know if you have taken into account the big slowdowns of this evening well enough, I rather saw something around 250k-260k at the usual locations, let's wait and see

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Key achievements that'll occur at the end of today:

-Surpassing Frozen's gross to become the 3rd highest grossing film ever (if it didn't already do so on Sunday, as you mentioned). And it'll be somewhere around just ¥200 million shy of overtaking Titanic to become the 2nd highest grossing film ever (likely to happen on Wednesday or Thursday). With Titanic's 3D re-release added, then it'll overtake it on Saturday.

-Surpassing Your Name's admissions to become the 4th most attended film ever. And it'll be less than 100,000 admissions away (probably even less than 50,000 away) in overtaking Tokyo Olympiad to become the 3rd most attended film ever (which it'll do on Tuesday).

So before even starting its 7th weekend, the only things left will be aiming for Spirited Away in gross to become the highest grossing film ever. And in admissions, only Frozen and Spirited Away will remain ahead of it, and it'll surpass Frozen's admissions on Saturday, leaving, again, just Spirited Away in admissions to become the most attended film ever.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I think charlie's projection for today looks good. So far, it's on par with Sunday, and at 7pm yesterday, it was at 267,000. Something around there, maybe a tad less, is likely before it stalls and gets up to 280,000 or so for the day. It's early, though, so there's room for a little less, but also a little more.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And Stand By Me, Doraemon 2 is doing great business today. Still far behind Demon Slayer, of course, but it's built enough of a lead over Sunday that today will likely be its biggest day (good indication of a well-received reception). So... a four day total around ¥800 million or higher looks likely. Again, its underperforming versus the original, but this is still pretty good. Its weekdays will be dismal this time of year, but if it can manage strong weekends until it reaches Christmas/New Year, it's likely to outgross August's release.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

If Demon Slayer perform slightly better than I am expecting, it can cross Spirited Away on Dec 26th, the day of giveaway.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:02 pm
The Incredible Hulk

[quote="Corpse"]With Titanic's 3D re-release added, then it'll overtake it on Saturday.

Are you sure it could exceed Titanic ¥27.05Bn (rerelease included) by Saturday ? It's funny because I didn't even think it would pass it by Sunday (although I thought it was highly likely). After that I think it depends on how the weekdays will be and especially Saturday, that remains to be seen.

@Corpse do you think you could update your predictions for the week soon ? Because they are interesting to analyze since they are always really very close to reality and I congratulate you on that

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 pm
The Incredible Hulk

charlie jat wrote:
If Demon Slayer perform slightly better than I am expecting, it can cross Spirited Away on Dec 26th, the day of giveaway.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

Charlie, knowing January 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th will be public holidays in Japan, maybe the 50% drop you forecast will be a little smaller, or maybe I'm wrong idk ?

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just to clarify a bit on the likely extended New Year:

Jan. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are holidays. The 4th isn't normally, but this year it lands on a Monday, and Japan is on the Happy Monday system making any Monday after a holiday Sunday a holiday as well. However, Jan. 5th-10th are not holidays. It's technically going to be a holiday week to avoid the travel congestion this year, but some places will resume work again on the 5th. Schools will still be out though, so think of those days as sort of half-holidays or something. Jan. 11th is a national holiday. Then, beginning Jan. 12th, all workplaces and schools will be back to regular schedule.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

LPLC wrote:
Corpse wrote:
With Titanic's 3D re-release added, then it'll overtake it on Saturday.

Are you sure it could exceed Titanic ¥27.05Bn (rerelease included) by Saturday ? It's funny because I didn't even think it would pass it by Sunday (although I thought it was highly likely). After that I think it depends on how the weekdays will be and especially Saturday, that remains to be seen.

@Corpse do you think you could update your predictions for the week soon ? Because they are interesting to analyze since they are always really very close to reality and I congratulate you on that

Assuming theaters are still 100% capacity this upcoming Saturday and nothing has changed to negatively impact attendance, it's very likely to increase over this past Saturday (or at least remain flat) due to the first day of the second giveaway event. That'll get it right around ¥27 billion I figure. But if it's not above ¥27.05 billion after that Saturday, it'll get there on Sunday for sure.

Another thing we'll need to watch is weekday business possibly slowing down before the giveaway weekends (why go on a Thursday/Friday, if going on Saturday gives you a limited item?), including this upcoming week. This didn't seem to occur before the first giveaway weekend, but with lesser demand now (although it's still very high, obviously), it could be a factor to consider. Just need to wait and see what happens.

There's also another thing to consider in the future, a 4DX expansion. It hasn't been announced, but Aniplex pretty much always gives their films a 4DX expansion later in their runs, so that's very likely to be the case again here. As to when they could pull the 4DX trigger, it'll still be a while out. Maybe they'll do it for New Year, but I'd expect it to come much later than that even since the 4DX expansions usually start when a film begins to slow down.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Are you planning another weekend above ¥ 1Bn next weekend ? It would be amazing, I hope you are right and that DS overtakes Titanic on Saturday.

Anyway we should see a very slight drop this week with almost similar weekdays (thanks to the holiday Monday) and an almost similar weekend (thanks to the gifts) or maybe even a slight increase ?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:44 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yes, and yes. I wouldn't say I'm expecting a seventh weekend above ¥1 billion yet, as it depends on where this current weekend landed with actuals. Chances are it'll miss ¥1 billion next weekend (so don't think anything less is bad), but a strong hold is very likely. It also depends on what the giveaway is and how many copies will be given out. Anipliex will likely reveal that information tomorrow.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train - Daily Performance Tracker

10/16 - Fri.: ¥1,268,724,700 ($12.0 million) / 910,507
10/17 - Sat.: ¥1,701,723,350 ($16.2 million) / 1,270,234
10/18 - Sun.: ¥1,652,669,400 ($15.7 million) / 1,239,752
10/19 - Mon.: ¥735,000,000 ($7.0 million) / 545,000
10/20 - Tues.: ¥545,000,000 ($5.1 million) / 395,000
10/21 - Wed.: ¥635,000,000 ($6.0 million) / 505,000
10/22 - Thur.: ¥465,000,000 ($4.5 million) / 340,000
10/23 - Fri.: ¥700,000,000 ($6.7 million) / 510,000
10/24 - Sat.: ¥1,500,944,600 ($14.3 million) / 1,115,182
10/25 - Sun.: ¥1,540,504,150 ($14.7 million) / 1,157,654
10/26 - Mon.: ¥620,000,000 ($5.9 million) / 460,000
10/27 - Tues.: ¥410,000,000 ($3.9 million) / 300,000
10/28 - Wed.: ¥575,000,000 ($5.5 million) / 430,000
10/29 - Thur.: ¥390,000,000 ($3.7 million) / 285,000
10/30 - Fri.: ¥555,000,000 ($5.3 million) / 405,000
10/31 - Sat.: ¥1,212,312,550 ($11.6 million) / 887,893
11/01 - Sun.: ¥1,286,354,600 ($12.3 million) / 1,140,390 *Discount Day*
11/02 - Mon: ¥820,000,000 ($7.8 million) / 605,000 *Holiday Boosted*
11/03 - Tues.: ¥1,185,000,000 ($11.3 million) / 900,000 *Holiday*
11/04 - Wed.: ¥350,000,000 ($3.3 million) / 260,000
11/05 - Thur.: ¥230,000,000 ($2.2 million) / 170,000
11/06 - Fri.: ¥325,000,000 ($3.1 million) / 240,000
11/07 - Sat.: ¥863,827,750 ($8.3 million) / 628,614
11/08 - Sun.: ¥909,098,150 ($8.8 million) / 667,179
11/09 - Mon.: ¥315,000,000 ($3.0 million) / 230,000
11/10 - Tues.: ¥220,000,000 ($2.1 million) / 160,000
11/11 - Wed.: ¥295,000,000 ($2.8 million) / 230,000
11/12 - Thur.: ¥200,000,000 ($1.9 million) / 145,000
11/13 - Fri.: ¥310,000,000 ($3.0 million) / 225,000
11/14 - Sat.: ¥795,343,500 ($7.6 million) / 611,418
11/15 - Sun.: ¥726,313,550 ($6.9 million) / 535,986
11/16 - Mon.: ¥265,000,000 ($2.5 million) / 195,000 *est.*
11/17 - Tues.: ¥165,000,000 ($1.6 million) / 120,000 *est.*
11/18 - Wed.: ¥240,000,000 ($2.3 million) / 185,000 *est.*
11/19 - Thur.: ¥165,000,000 ($1.6 million) / 120,000 *est.*
11/20 - Fri.: ¥235,000,000 ($2.3 million) / 170,000 *est.*
11/21 - Sat.: ¥430,000,000 ($4.1 million) / 315,000 *est.*
11/22 - Sun.: ¥600,000,000 ($5.8 million) / 445,000 *est.*
11/23 - Mon.: ¥500,000,000 ($4.8 million) / 375,000 *est.* *Holiday*

39-Day Cumulative Total: ¥25,949,291,050 ($247.4 million) / 19,430,285 *est.*

Note: Mon.-Fri. are estimates, therefore adding up each day won't equal the actual total.

Since this Monday was a holiday, it'll behave a bit more like a weekend day versus a normal weekday in terms of its urban-to-rural ratio in terms of business. So while it did double its admissions at the usual locations versus last Monday, it probably didn't overall because of this. I've also slightly lowered the avg. ticket price from sharing some IMAX screens with Doraemon. Maybe a *little* conservative (putting it at or above ¥26 billion looks nice), but there's some room there to be just over/under, so just playing it safe.

And due to the holiday, actuals will be released tomorrow. So far, it's always come in just a bit higher than I've estimated. Not saying it will again this time, just something to possibly look forward to again. :thumbsup:

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Top 100 Grossing Films
Top 100 Highest-Grossing Films of All-Time

001. ¥30.80 billion ($253.0 million) / [¥31.66 billion ($261.0 million)] - Spirited Away (2001)*
005. ¥25.03 billion ($236.5 million) - Your Name. (2016)
006. ¥20.30 billion ($163.7 million) - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
007. ¥19.30 billion ($165.5 million) / [¥20.15 billion ($173.5 million] - Princess Mononoke (1997)*
011. ¥15.60 billion ($188.7 million) - Avatar (2009)
012. ¥15.50 billion ($156.0 million) - Ponyo (2008)
015. ¥13.50 billion ($66.9 million) - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
017. ¥13.40 billion ($100.0 million) - Armageddon (1998)
018. ¥13.35 billion ($122.3 million) - Frozen II (2019)
019. ¥13.11 billion ($117.3 million) - Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)
020. ¥12.85 billion ($120.6 million) - Jurassic Park (1993)
021. ¥12.70 billion ($117.6 million) - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
022. ¥12.40 billion ($109.7 million) - Beauty and the Beast (2017)
023. ¥12.16 billion ($112.0 million) - Aladdin (2019)
024. ¥12.02 billion ($123.5 million) - The Wind Rises (2013)
025. ¥11.80 billion ($142.8 million) - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
026. ¥11.63 billion ($96.3 million) - Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
027. ¥11.00 billion ($46.0 million) - Antarctica (1983)
027. ¥11.00 billion ($88.0 million) - The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
027. ¥11.00 billion ($102.4 million) - Finding Nemo (2003)
027. ¥11.00 billion ($90.5 million) - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
031. ¥10.90 billion ($102.4 million) - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
032. ¥10.80 billion ($130.7 million) - Toy Story 3 (2010)
033. ¥10.65 billion ($92.7 million) - Independence Day (1996)
034. ¥10.32 billion ($100.2 million) - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004)
035. ¥10.10 billion ($85.0 million) - Bayside Shakedown (1998)
036. ¥10.09 billion ($94.3 million) - Toy Story 4 (2019)
037. ¥10.02 billion ($82.3 million) - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
041. ¥9.67 billion ($125.3 million) - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (2011)
042. ¥9.53 billion ($77.9 million) - Jurassic World (2015)
043. ¥9.50 billion ($66.0 million) - Back to the Future Part II (1989)
043. ¥9.50 billion ($85.6 million) - Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997)
045. ¥9.40 billion ($80.6 million) - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
046. ¥9.37 billion ($85.5 million) - Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire (2019)
046. ¥9.37 billion ($76.8 million) - Monsters, Inc. (2002)
048. ¥9.35 billion ($78.2 million) - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
049. ¥9.30 billion ($83.6 million) - Code Blue (2018)
050. ¥9.25 billion ($111.9 million) - Arrietty (2010)
051. ¥9.20 billion ($59.0 million) - Heaven and Earth (1990)
052. ¥9.18 billion ($83.6 million) - Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer (2018)
052. ¥9.18 billion ($77.7 million) - Big Hero 6 (2014)
054. ¥9.17 billion ($83.4 million) - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
055. ¥9.07 billion ($69.2 million) - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002)
056. ¥9.05 billion ($79.5 million) - The Da Vinci Code (2006)
057. ¥9.00 billion ($30.0 million) - Jaws (1975)
058. ¥8.96 billion ($91.3 million) - Monsters University (2013)
059. ¥8.87 billion ($114.9 million) - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
060. ¥8.79 billion ($49.6 million) - Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
061. ¥8.76 billion ($85.1 million) - The Eternal Zero (2013)
062. ¥8.70 billion ($62.0 million) - The Matrix (1999)
063. ¥8.55 billion ($94.5 million) - Rookies (2009)
064. ¥8.50 billion ($76.5 million) - Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004)
065. ¥8.38 billion ($80.2 million) - Stand By Me, Doraemon (2014)
066. ¥8.25 billion ($79.1 million) - Shin Godzilla (2016)
067. ¥8.20 billion ($54.0 million) - Back to the Future Part III (1990)
067. ¥8.20 billion ($67.9 million) - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
067. ¥8.20 billion ($61.2 million) - The Silk Road (1988)
070. ¥8.15 billion ($74.6 million) - Hero (2007)
071. ¥8.10 billion ($56.7 million) - Deep Impact (1998)
072. ¥8.07 billion ($72.3 million) - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)
073. ¥8.04 billion ($97.2 million) - Umizaru: The Last Message (2010)
074. ¥8.00 billion ($84.3 million) - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
075. ¥7.90 billion ($66.0 million) - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2003)
076. ¥7.80 billion ($66.2 million) - Yo-Kai Watch: It's the Secret of Birth, Nyan! (2014)
077. ¥7.75 billion ($72.0 million) - Boys Over Flowers: Final (2008)
078. ¥7.69 billion ($63.8 million) / ¥7.79 billion ($64.8 million) - Tales from Earthsea (2006)*
079. ¥7.68 billion ($73.8 million) - The Sixth Sense (1999)
080. ¥7.63 billion ($70.6 million) - Zootopia (2016)
081. ¥7.54 billion ($67.8 million) - Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back (1998)
082. ¥7.51 billion ($66.3 million) - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
083. ¥7.50 billion ($59.2 million) - Spider-Man (2002)
084. ¥7.40 billion ($49.4 million) - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
085. ¥7.34 billion ($64.8 million) - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)
086. ¥7.33 billion ($93.6 million) - Umizaru: Brave Hearts (2012)
087. ¥7.31 billion ($88.4 million) - Bayside Shakedown: Set the Guys Loose! (2010)
087. ¥7.31 billion ($66.1 million) - Despicable Me 3 (2017)
089. ¥7.27 billion ($66.5 million) - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
090. ¥7.20 billion ($81.7 million) - Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
091. ¥7.12 billion ($66.9 million) - Spider-Man 3 (2007)
092. ¥7.10 billion ($61.7 million) - Umizaru: Limit of Love (2006)
093. ¥7.03 billion ($71.7 million) - Speed (1994)
094. ¥7.00 billion ($29.9 million) - Ghostbusters (1984)
094. ¥7.00 billion ($53.2 million) - Ocean's Eleven (2002)
099. ¥6.86 billion ($56.4 million) - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (2006)
100. ¥6.86 billion ($88.9 million) - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)

Bonus 25 (101-125)
Spoiler: show
101. ¥6.83 billion ($65.8 million) - Finding Dory (2016)
102. ¥6.80 billion ($60.3 million) - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
103. ¥6.71 billion ($60.2 million) - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)
104. ¥6.70 billion ($61.1 million) - Spider-Man 2 (2004)
104. ¥6.70 billion ($42.0 million) - Top Gun (1986)
104. ¥6.70 billion ($61.8 million) - The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
107. ¥6.67 billion ($62.9 million) - The Lion King (2019)
108. ¥6.57 billion ($58.6 million) - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)
109. ¥6.53 billion ($63.5 million) - Maleficent (2014)
110. ¥6.50 billion ($53.9 million) - Mission: Impossible (1996)
110. ¥6.50 billion ($62.5 million) - The Green Mile (2000)
112. ¥6.48 billion ($61.0 million) - Departures (2008)
113. ¥6.46 billion ($54.4 million) - The Cat Returns (2002)
114. ¥6.45 billion ($69.8 million) - Forrest Gump (1995)
115. ¥6.36 billion ($64.8 million) - Pokemon: Revelation Lugia (1999)
116. ¥6.33 billion ($58.0 million) - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (2016)
117. ¥6.22 billion ($21.3 million) - The Towering Inferno (1975)
118. ¥6.17 billion ($41.4 million) - Phantom of the Opera (1990)
119. ¥6.13 billion ($55.4 million) - Avengers: Endgame (2019)
119. ¥6.13 billion ($30.6 million) - Star Wars (1978)
121. ¥6.10 billion ($48.4 million) - The Bodyguard (1992)
122. ¥6.09 billion ($26.0 million) - Back to the Future (1985)
123. ¥6.08 billion ($49.6 million) - The Ecstasy Hotel (2006)
124. ¥6.00 billion ($53.7 million) - War of the Worlds (2005)
125. ¥5.98 billion ($76.3 million) - Thermae Romae (2012)

Note: Most films released before 1998 have estimated USD ($) totals.

*=re-release earnings included.

NOTE: All films that received a re-release with reported figures in the Summer due to COVID-19 will now be marked with an asterisk (*) with their total with the re-release numbers included in [brackets]. Below you'll find how much each film earned in its re-release this year:

Re-release Earnings (inclusion to totals not confirmed yet):
¥855 million ($8.0 million) - Spirited Away
¥853 million ($8.0 million) - Princess Mononoke
¥108 million ($1.0 million) - Tales From Earthsea
Weathering With You has been removed from this list as it was technically still playing in a couple locations before getting a small expansion when theaters reopened.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Most Attended Films of All Time
Most Attended Films of All-Time (5 Million+)

001. 23.50 million / [24.28 million] - Spirited Away (2001)*
002. 20.03 million - Frozen (2014)
006. 16.83 million / [17.43 million] - Titanic (1997)*
007. 16.20 million - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
008. 15.50 million - Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
012. 12.87 million - Ponyo (2008)
013. 12.60 million - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge! (2003)
014. 12.55 million - Godzilla vs. King Kong (1962)
015. 12.10 million - The Last Samurai (2003)
016. 11.00 million - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
017. 10.69 million - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
018. 10.61 million - Weathering With You (2019)
019. 10.45 million - Frozen II (2019)
020. 10.31 million - Avatar (2009)
024. 9.00 million - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
025. 8.94 million - Beauty and the Beast (2017)
026. 8.90 million - Armageddon (1998)
027. 8.80 million - The Sinking of Japan (1973)
028. 8.60 million - Finding Nemo (2003)
029. 8.55 million - Jurassic Park (1993)
029. 8.55 million - Aladdin (2019)
031. 8.40 million - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
032. 8.34 million - The Return of Godzilla (1955)
033. 8.30 million - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
034. 8.00 million - Antarctica (1983)
034. 8.00 million - The Da Vinci Code (2006)
036. 7.82 million - Toy Story 4 (2019)
037. 7.80 million - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
038. 7.75 million - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
039. 7.71 million - The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
040. 7.65 million - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004)
041. 7.60 million - Monsters, Inc. (2002)
042. 7.59 million - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
043. 7.58 million - Arrietty (2010)
044. 7.50 million - The Adventures of Milo and Otis (1986)
045. 7.38 million - Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
046. 7.36 million - Toy Story 3 (2010)
047. 7.33 million - The Sands of Kurobe (1968)
048. 7.26 million - Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire (2019)
049. 7.22 million - Big Hero 6 (2014)
050. 7.20 million - Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
051. 7.18 million - Code Blue (2018)
052. 7.16 million - The Eternal Zero (2013)
053. 7.10 million - Bayside Shakedown (1998)
054. 7.09 million - Monsters University (2013)
055. 7.02 million - A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
056. 7.00 million - Seven Samurai (1954)
060. 6.88 million - Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer (2018)
061. 6.80 million - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
062. 6.70 million - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002)
063. 6.67 million - A Slope in the Sun (1958)
064. 6.66 million - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (200
065. 6.60 million - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
066. 6.54 million - Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (1998)
066. 6.50 million - The Silk Road (1988)9)
068. 6.46 million - Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
069. 6.40 million - Crimson Wings (1958)
070. 6.35 million - Boys Over Flowers: Final (2008)
071. 6.31 million - Stand By Me, Doraemon (2014)
072. 6.29 million - Hero (2007)
073. 6.26 million - Jurassic World (2015)
074. 6.25 million - Looking at Love and Death (1964)
075. 6.23 million - Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004)
076. 6.22 million - Despicable Me 3 (2017)
077. 6.10 million / [6.18 million] - Tales from Earthsea (2006)*
078. 6.00 million - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
079. 5.94 million - Man Who Causes A Storm (1957)
080. 5.93 million - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2003)
081. 5.91 million - Zootopia (2016)
082. 5.90 million - The Sixth Sense (1999)
083. 5.86 million - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
084. 5.75 million - Umizaru: Brave Hearts (2012)
085. 5.70 million - Bayside Shakedown: Set the Guys Loose! (2010)
086. 5.69 million - Shin Godzilla (2016)
087. 5.67 million - One Piece Film Z (2012)
088. 5.60 million - Umizaru: The Last Message (2010)
088. 5.60 million - Pokemon: Revelation Lugia (1999)
088. 5.60 million - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2006)
088. 5.60 million - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (2010)
088. 5.60 million - Finding Dory (2016)
093. 5.55 million - Deep Impact (1998)
094. 5.53 million - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)
095. 5.50 million - Departures (2008)
095. 5.50 million - The Cat Returns (2002)
095. 5.50 million - Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)
098. 5.41 million - Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
099. 5.40 million - Ghostbusters (1984)
100. 5.35 million - Detective Conan: Crimson Love Letter (2017)
101. 5.30 million - The Matrix (1999)
101. 5.30 million - Umizaru: The Limit of Love (2006)
103. 5.24 million - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)
104. 5.20 million - Speed (1994)
105. 5.17 million - Spider-Man 3 (2007)
106. 5.14 million - Spider-Man (2002)
107. 5.13 million - Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
108. 5.10 million - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
109. 5.08 million - Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
110. 5.01 million - Yo-Kai Watch: Great King Enma and the 5 Stories, Nyan! (2015)
111. 5.00 million - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (2016)

*=re-release admissions included in [brackets].

Note: Some actual admission totals (some some are often estimated or rounded) have been revealed recently, so some films have been updated!

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

It's finally going to become a true "tête-à-tête" in a few days once titanic falls as well.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:06 pm
Star Trek XI

So what is the special news for Demon Slayer? It is supposed to appear on Monday this week, right?

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 952  Next