Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 276  Next
 Release Date Change Thread 

Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
O wrote:
I see the Hannah Montana movie disappointing actually. I could see the Jonas Brothers concert movie do better. Miley Cyrus is way to overdone everywhere now, that I think people will tire of her for the movie in April. It'll still do well, but her concert movie last year will have a higher gross.

I respectfully disagree, it may not be huge, but it will at the very least hit High school musical numbers. The concert was released in 700 theaters, on 3D only and was originally a one week event. This is an actual movie, not a one week event concert and will be released on 3000 screens. I expect Jonas Bro's to follow directly in the steps of hannah's concert.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 pm
Homo Dperious

Spidey wrote:
MBV3D wrote:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14817

Paramount has bumped Case 39 starring Renée Zellweger, Bradley Cooper, Jodelle Ferland, and Ian McShane from their 2009 schedule. The film has been delayed numerous times. It was filmed way back in 2006!

So I guess we can assume this movie sucks.

I'm guessing it tested quite poorly. Maybe 3% of the audience liked it or something.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

The feeling I get from the media is that Hannah Montana is more popular than Jonas. I'd guess 40m/80m and 20m/50m?

IDK, it's early and those are just guesses.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:53 am
Profile ICQ

DP07 wrote:
The feeling I get from the media is that Hannah Montana is more popular than Jonas. I'd guess 40m/80m and 20m/50m?

Hannah won't be that frontloaded, it's not as tween/teen geared as HSM3, it's more for 6 to 12 girls, mother daughter thing.

I'd say 45/120 is a good bet. Something like that.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:14 am
Orphan

Benjamin Milk wrote:
ok; off topic but I just started using this site, how do I quote a prior post like that?

Btw, oops on the shopoholic thing, I was multitasking, and I admit I ignored friday the thirteenth cause I HOPE it will bomb, even though I'm sure your right and it'll probably perform like saw V

I think Friday the 13th will do a bit better than Saw V because it won't have the bad word-of-mouth working against it like Saw V had. I could see an opening weekend of 35-40M as opposed to 30M like Saw V had. The day it opens should be huge and it will be even more frontloaded than normal for a horror film. It also won't do as well overseas if the subpar performance of the Halloween remake is any indication.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:16 am
Homo Dperious

Saw V had a B- at yahoo which isn't that bad for a horror movie.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:55 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Benjamin Milk wrote:
DP07 wrote:

Hannah won't be that frontloaded, it's not as tween/teen geared as HSM3, it's more for 6 to 12 girls, mother daughter thing.

Check the legs of the concert movie. Besides, Pokemon also skewed quite young.

I am certain that its fanbase is devoted enough to frontload it like that.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:56 am
Profile ICQ
Orphan

DP07 wrote:

I'm more referring to the poor WOM that Saw IV had, making people decide not to see V.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:41 am
Homo Dperious

MBV3D wrote:
DP07 wrote:

I'm more referring to the poor WOM that Saw IV had, making people decide not to see V.

It's a B at yahoo. Weird, I would have sworn it was lower. So, I guess the hold for Saw V wasn't a surprise. I thought the grade was lower so it would go lower. :oops:

Oh well, in any case, all the same.

F13 is an entirely separate thing though. It doesn't quite have any recent fanbase like Saw. While it has the name, it will need to build it all up with marketing.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 am
Profile ICQ

DP07 wrote:
Benjamin Milk wrote:
DP07 wrote:

Check the legs of the concert movie. Besides, Pokemon also skewed quite young.

I am certain that its fanbase is devoted enough to frontload it like that.

I can't speak to the pokemon fanbase but the concert was originally initiated as a 1 week event and continued on only because of it's strong performance, so that isn't a fair indication of how the actual movie will perform.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:50 am
Homo Dperious

hmm, so it increased less into its 2nd weekend? Maybe, I guess you could be right. I do think though that it does indicate quite a bit of frontloading to have it open with that much in so few theaters.

Plus HSM3 was the same sort of movie and was likewise very frontloaded.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:22 am
Profile ICQ
Forum General

I'm sorry but HSM3 is more popular than Hannah Montana.
If HSM3 with Tisdale, Hudgens and Efron cannot pass 100m let alone 90m, Cyrus will fail do so.
Also I read that Gomez from Wizards of Waverly Place is supposedly the new Disney girl.
(it was on a forum so it may not have much truth but certainly shows Disney's plans)
Anyway, the concert had horrible legs and really what kind of movie can you make with HM?
I think by the time its out popularity will have dropped a lot from its height and it'll be smothered.
My ballsy predict will be the totals of HM and JB3D will not exceed HM3D.
I should create a club, because it's very possible, well not very but there were Wall-E/Titanic clubs last year so.

EDIT: I created the club. Feel free to bash or agree. :D DP07, as you always comment, let me know what you think there too. :P

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Last edited by BK on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

I'm thinking of it, and I'm almost certain that HM being in theaters for more than one week was announced a few weeks before it was in theaters. So, I think it was just extremely frontloaded.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:22 pm
Profile ICQ
Forum General

edited post above

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

BK wrote:
I'm sorry but HSM3 is more popular than Hannah Montana.

Probably, but how are you sure? HSM gets higher ratings, but then there are fewer of them. ;)

Fans don't watch every show of HM, and given the first movie the fanbase it pretty big. Maybe it had 90% of it's likely total gross in those theaters if adjusted for normal ticket prices. But it could increase a bit.

Quote:
If HSM3 with Tisdale, Hudgens and Efron cannot pass 100m let alone 90m, Cyrus will fail do so.

The stars help, but I think it's more about the franchises themselves. Look at Hillary Duff and Lizzie Maguire compared to some others.

Quote:
Also I read that Gomez from Wizards of Waverly Place is supposedly the new Disney girl.
(it was on a forum so it may not have much truth but certainly shows Disney's plans)

Where did they get the info?

Anyway you can count on ideas more than facts on forums. ;) You can think and determine the ideas themselves if you understand how to and want to. Then debate back if you want and have errors likely corrected in the process. ;)

Quote:
Anyway, the concert had horrible legs and really what kind of movie can you make with HM?
I think by the time its out popularity will have dropped a lot from its height and it'll be smothered.

Maybe. Why?

Quote:
My ballsy predict will be the totals of HM and JB3D will not exceed HM3D.
I should create a club, because it's very possible, well not very but there were Wall-E/Titanic clubs last year so.

heh, clubs are interesting.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ

DP07 wrote:
I'm thinking of it, and I'm almost certain that HM being in theaters for more than one week was announced a few weeks before it was in theaters. So, I think it was just extremely frontloaded.

I can't comment on nationwide however at our theater it was originally said to be a 1 week event and we didn't find out it was staying until that tuesday. You may be right but a 3d concert does not have the same draw as an actual movie. Say what you will relating to HSM3 and so on I maintain that it will make over 100m in its run and will not alter that, I may make a counter club. HM= 100m +

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 am
Teenage Dream

Halloween 2 - August 28, 2009
Tyrannosaurus Rex - removed from release schedule

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:18 am
Homo Dperious

Benjamin Milk wrote:
DP07 wrote:

I can't comment on nationwide however at our theater it was originally said to be a 1 week event and we didn't find out it was staying until that tuesday. You may be right but a 3d concert does not have the same draw as an actual movie. Say what you will relating to HSM3 and so on I maintain that it will make over 100m in its run and will not alter that, I may make a counter club. HM= 100m +

I don't mean the type of movie; I think fans will be drawn either way; I mean the theater count.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Sbil

Sherlock Holmes has been bumped up a week to November 13.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 pm
Extraordinary

Cats and Dogs 2 is opening in November! November 20th. I can't believe it took them nearly 8 and a half years to come up with a sequel to this film. There wasn't much need for one, but is there any need of calling this Cats and Dogs 2? As many people have forgotten the first one since it was so long ago and so unmemorable...

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

O wrote:
Cats and Dogs 2 is opening in November! November 20th. I can't believe it took them nearly 8 and a half years to come up with a sequel to this film. There wasn't much need for one, but is there any need of calling this Cats and Dogs 2? As many people have forgotten the first one since it was so long ago and so unmemorable...

Yeah thats an odd decision. I always thought Cats and Dogs would do much better than it ended up doing. A sequel is uneccessary. But I guess with the success of Marley and Me, Bolt and BHC (and possibly Hotel for Dogs), pets are back in vogue.

Thats not good for Dewey which opens in December I think.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Nine 11/25/09
Shanghai 9/4/09

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:39 pm
Sbil

Two big announcements:

The Katherine Heigl-Gerard Butler romcom The Ugly Truth has been delayed from April 3 to the prime summer spot of July 24.

Nine (the musical) will open November 25.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 pm
Teenage Dream

Libs wrote:
Two big announcements:

The Katherine Heigl-Gerard Butler romcom The Ugly Truth has been delayed from April 3 to the prime summer spot of July 24.

A week before Funny People? I don't know if that's a good idea.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Libs wrote:
Two big announcements:

Nine is listed as December 11 on IMDB now. Is that accurate? Anyone?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 276  Next