Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tool - Fear Inoculum 
The Kramer

Post Re: Tool - Fear Inoculum
I'd have it above 10000 Days, which is pretty boring outside of the 3 singles, and I think I've already listened to FI more times in full. Far below Undertow, Aenema and Lateralus though. All six of the real songs (and Chocolate Chip Trip) are really good, but they're all also 3-5 minutes longer than they need to be. "10 minute riff masturbations" is a more accurate description than it has a right to be.

I wanted it to be their version of Death Magnetic, where they just make a bunch of new old songs. It was not an apt comparison though, since Tool never really changed their sound like Metallica did. This is familiar but also much different, though I can't yet say if it is for worse or better.

1. 7empest
2. Invincible
3. Pneuma
4. Fear Inoculum
5. Descending
6. Culling Voices

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:45 pm
The Kramer

I saw them for the first time last year and the only 10000D song they played was Jambi. Going again in November!

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 pm
The Kramer

We weren't allowed to take pictures. They had signs all over about how cell phone use was grounds for ejection. :funny:

Amazing show from them once again though. The new songs sound so good live and it really makes you appreciate what they were going for.

Set was: Fear, AEnema, Pot, Parabola, Pneuma, Schism, Jambi, Vicarious, Intolerance, Forty Six, Chip, Invincible and Stinkfist.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm
The Kramer

I think that Forty-Six and Two is their best live song. It feels unreal being in the arena when they are playing it. Lures you into this hypnotic trance and then relentlessly turns it up and tears the house down. Just everything I love about them.

Highlight #2 was Intolerance, both because that song is awesome and because they had been swapping it with Descending and Part of Me. Those songs are great, but I would have been bummed to not have any Undertow songs in there.

Invincible is also incredible live. I was kinda/hoping they would swap it out for something else but it ended up being one of the best.

I had a great time with Pneuma. Seems like a lot of others did too, it's a slow song that continuously amps up. But I think you're asking because you fear people are using it as a bathroom break song and that is 100% true. Which is fine though, the song is twelve minutes long, you can pee and get back for the second half. I think new songs get treated like this by all big artists though, and that any one of them would have gotten the same treatment in its midshow position.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 am
The Kramer

All three of the new songs sounded much heavier live, and that's one of the big things I was missing from the album. It was fucking loud and I loved it.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]