Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 R. Kelly 
Hold the door!

Post R. Kelly
The controversy surrounding R. Kelly is obviously terrible, but does it really invalidate all of his hit songs and contributions to 1990’s R&B?

I think it’s mighty dumb that the original Do What U Want is gone from sales and streaming platforms. It’s only a matter of time before he’s essentially erased from music history.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:44 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: R. Kelly
It’s only because of the film. In two years people will be bouncing to Ignition once again.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

Brace yourself for #Me2: Which major record producer has been Weinstein-ing for decades with wannabe teenage pop stars? Which boyband members were molested? We're about to find out!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm
Pure Phase

I am not sure he'll vanish from streaming services. You can still listen to Gary Glitter and Lostprophets' discographies on Spotify, albeit slightly buried.

There will still be an impact, though, of course. He'll never show up on official '90s-R&B-jams-themed playlists, etc. Whether this is right (his personal demons and abuses versus the objective cultural impact of "Ignition" and "Bump n' Grind")...I don't know, but private companies have the right to present or not present material how they please.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]