Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 The Music #MeToo thread 
Devil's Advocate

Post The Music #MeToo thread
I think the floodgates are about to open. Ryan Adams article just published for sexting with underage girls and trying to get girls to sleep with him if he advanced their career https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts ... n-sex.html

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 pm
now we know

Post Re: The Music #MeToo thread
Ohh, i.hope will love this.

Mandy Moore is "not a real musician because she plays no instrument". That's emotionally abusive behaviour? lol. That's having an opinion ffs. So basically men are just meant to worship the ground women walk on while dating them. If not, it's all going in the bank for an expose down the road when these talent-less whores need some publicity.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Ryan sounds like a dipshit, but it's also just that...those women all deliberately kept engaging with them despite it and doesn't sound like he broke any laws.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:48 am
now we know

That article is making something out of pretty much nothing. He's just being a normal guy. Coming on to women is a normal thing for a guy to do, and there are lots of ways to come on to women. If he raped a girl, then that's different. It's also totally normal to not want to help someone if they reject you. Tit for tat. They rejected his advances, so of course he's not going to help their career. What moron would?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:
That article is making something out of pretty much nothing. He's just being a normal guy. Coming on to women is a normal thing for a guy to do, and there are lots of ways to come on to women. If he raped a girl, then that's different. It's also totally normal to not want to help someone if they reject you. Tit for tat. They rejected his advances, so of course he's not going to help their career. What moron would?

I think sexting a 14 year old girl is pretty bad, and he made a text referencing R Kelly which shows he was aware he was talking to underage girls

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 am
now we know

What's the magic age where sexting becomes acceptable for you, Shack? I don't know what the law says about sexting age restrictions..

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

14 is young and can border on pedo, but the whole age debate should just depend on consent or not only I think.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 pm
now we know

He asked her age. She didn't tell him. She tried to conceal it because she liked the attention. But sure, the guy's a pedo.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

That, did he know her age or not is such a vaguely written part, I wish at least they would just stick to facts in these articles but they always want to sensationalize everything.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm
now we know

That's true, which is why my knee-jerk is to instantly downplay the target's guilt in these shitty articles.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Ryan Adams is one of my favorite musicians. His music is super important to me. So this is the most...immediate #MeToo scandal for me. Honestly, I do not have much patience for Mandy Moore's complaints in terms of their newsworthiness. I see no capital-a abuse in what she is describing:

Quote:
“I was living my life for him,” Moore recalled on Maron’s podcast. “It [was] an entirely unhealthy dynamic. I had no sense of self.” She continued, “I felt like I was drowning. It was so untenable and unsustainable and it was so lonely. I was so sad. I was lonely with him.”

Moore mentioned that she knew the relationship couldn’t “sustain itself” if she was working full time, implying that she took on smaller projects because of Adams’ alleged dependency. “I would do little jobs. It's not like I completely stopped working. I would do things here or there, but it would become abundantly clear while I was working, things would completely fall apart at home,” she explained. “I couldn't do my job because there was a constant stream of trying to pay attention to this person who needed me and wouldn't let me do anything else.”

Sorry. No. Just file for divorce. Emotional neediness, marital codependency, etc. can become toxic for sure, but this is not material to destroy a person's reputation and career. It simply has the sound of a mismatched couple with different worldviews and levels of intensity.

The troublesome elements of the Adams story lie in his online conversation with the teenage girl, if he indeed knew her age, and what exactly he said to her, showed her, knew of her, expected of her, etc. The self comparison to R. Kelly admittedly stings. We'll see how it pans out.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:24 am
Defeats all expectations

Algren wrote:
Ohh, i.hope will love this.

Oh, am I famous. lol

(I didn't even post on #metoo threads much...)

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 pm
now we know

You're a typical SJW, so I knew you'd love it.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

I don't identify as one. But please define SJW.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 pm
now we know

"I don't identify as one" lol classic SJW language.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

LOL. what is your definition of SJW?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:26 pm
now we know

Spoiler: show

;)

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm
Profile WWW