Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Mask Wearing 
Hold the door!

Post Mask Wearing
When do you guys wear your mask? I wear mine whenever I’m inside around strangers. Should I wear it more? Is it effective when in prolonged proximity to someone, or only in casual contact interactions. I’m trying to be safe with it but I also don’t want to bother with it if the context in which I wear it doesn’t necessitate it.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 pm
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Mask Wearing
wait, you're actually on the right side for once? I'm 100% shook.

Yeah, wea your damn mask whenever you are leaving your house or are in a public setting. alos social dtance with 6 feet apart everybody that doesn't live with you.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 pm
Hold the door!

The 6 feet thing is completely unrealistic if you’re spending intentional time with someone.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:31 pm
The Kramer

I'll wear it anytime I leave my apartment complex.

I don't bring it to our pool or fitness room though. Seems like it would be pointless.

Don't forget to eat a mint!

The idea of wearing one on an airplane for several hours at a time is intolerable. I'd rather not travel.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:00 pm
Extraordinary

yeah idk what I was expecting when I opened this lol

The buffoons in the US who are against them are prolonging this thing even longer. Masks are reasons why overseas countries are keeping their numbers down.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 pm
100% That Bitch

zwackerm wrote:
The 6 feet thing is completely unrealistic if you’re spending intentional time with someone.

That's why we (doctors) are asking everyoneeeee to quarantine in their homes and not spend time with anyone else outside their household, but yeah, it sucks.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Masks are necessary and very effective when coupled with social distancing. I don't wear masks during my exercise or evening walks but those times I avoid talking to anyone or touching any surfaces.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:09 pm
Hold the door!

Mau wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

That's why we (doctors) are asking everyoneeeee to quarantine in their homes and not spend time with anyone else outside their household, but yeah, it sucks.

That’s not a sustainable long term solution to a pandemic considering vaccines are never guaranteed to be discovered.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Given the attention towards the vaccine I am sure we will get one eventually so its not exactly a long term solution but just incase a vaccine is not found I think we can think of better ways after sometime. Its just too early to be discussing those things specially in US where the number of cases refuse to go down.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:50 pm
Indiana Jones IV

publicenemy#1 wrote:
yeah idk what I was expecting when I opened this lol

The buffoons in the US who are against them are prolonging this thing even longer. Masks are reasons why overseas countries are keeping their numbers down.

I think only few countries have people using masks.

Nobody here in Finland does it. The Corona numbers are extremely tiny.

I would use it thought, if government recommended it. I could imagine them doing that when the 2nd wave comes and they don't want to establish a quarantine. Things like nightclubs and festivals are still forbidden until autumn, but pretty much everything else is normal. Obviously any kind of carefulness disappears when people are drunk, and Finnish people really like to get drunk.

Masks, social distancing in public places and better hand hygiene are probably enough to get us through the 2nd wave. No need to shut the society down.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Over here, I think the only place you're expected/required to wear a mask is in public transportation. Beyond that, it's been social distancing that's led to a steady decline in new cases.

This...

Quote:

...just baffles me. Don't spend intentional time with someone and it's wholly realistic? That's the whole point of the measures taken to contain the pandemic.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:43 am
Hold the door!

Who’s more annoying- people who refuse to wear masks or the people who wear them but don’t cover their nose and constantly pull it down for no reason?

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 pm

I think those who refuse are more annoying as they sometimes threaten to shoot retail workers for doing their job

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:46 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yeah I'd say people who refuse to wear masks completely are more annoying the others are trying at the very least but mask wearing is an uncomfortable activity that takes adjustment period.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:38 pm
The Kramer

The problem is that they should have just outright said "wear the mask to protect yourself" from the beginning even if its not true. Saying "wear the mask to protect others" was the best way to instantly lose the battle.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Here mask wearing was promoted as a way to protect yourself s well as your surrounding

Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:38 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'm wearing this mask:

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I wear a mask whenever I'm in public. It really isn't that big a deal. I've been wearing one for months at work and then when going into stores. Sadly hardly anyone else did. We have much more wearing them now that the governor mandated it but still way too many refuse and many businesses where I live aren't even following the law and enforcing it. No bars around here do. Gas stations hang up the signs but don't actually make people wear masks. Pisses me off. I've turned in two businesses for not enforcing it.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]