Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PS5 Is Here, Goodbye PS4 
The Kramer

Post PS5 Is Here, Goodbye PS4
The box itself looks like a modem was eaten by an xbox 360. Not the best look, but who cares when you got something like this to show with it.

I'm not amazing with tech knowledge, but I'm pretty sure this new SSID memory thing being able to load an entirely new level almost instantly is a huge game changer. Will be way more impactful than the graphics upgrade.

Also shown at the event:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - a spinoff that will probably use the same engine and launch with the console in the fall.

Horizon: Forbidden West - robot megalodons??

and perhaps most importantly, even though its not a console exclusive;

Resident Evil VIIIage - fuck yeah this looks awesome

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: PS5
Yeah SSID was the right thing to do as it's not treated by your processor as an external memory or I/O device (regular HDD is I/O device). This helps the processor to load data faster without any lag. Though SSIS is still expensive, once its prices comes down the computers will definitely get much more faster which will help most games and gamers.

One has to remember though that faster processing doesn't always mean better quality specially for old school games. It will definitely help games that have excessive cache requirements.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm somewhat interested in the digital version. I have a feeling it's going to be like $50 cheaper, too, to help drive the digital era.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

2K released an unfortunate wrinkle to next gen hardware - $70 games. Nobody else has confirmed they will also go to $70, but it sure seems likely. I usually wait until the NBA series goes on sale anyways and am hoping Ratchet and Miles will launch at $40-50. No getting around it when it comes to Resident Evil or Horizon though. :(

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 pm
The Kramer

PS5 showcase happening now.

Final Fantasy 16 as an exclusive is pretty freaking huge.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:07 pm
The Kramer

Hogwarts Legacy! Could go either way, Avalanche isn’t my favorite studio, but its a very cool idea. Better nail quidditch though.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 pm
The Kramer

PS Plus collection - God of War, Bloodborne, uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, Days Gone, Until Dawn, Detroit, Final Fantasy XV, Infamous 3, Arkham Knight, Last Guardian, Last of Us 1, Persona 5, Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter World, Battlefield 1.

All backwards compatible, all available at launch as part of PS+. Sony is like Fuck You Gamepass.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 pm
The Kramer

$500 and $400 on November 12th. FUCK YEAH SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 pm
The Kramer

God of War v Thor - 2021!

Playstation absolutely killed it with this Showcase. Any doubts or fancies of switching to a Microsoft Game Pass should be gone. This is the place for Gamers to be.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Final Fantasy XVI being an exclusive is pretty big.

Both Sony and Microsoft haven't really given a convincing reason to purchase a next-gen console at launch though (now that Miles Morales was a confirmed PS4 release too). Most of the launch titles for both consoles are either remakes/ports or are also being released on the current-gen consoles and can later be upgraded on a next-gen console via Smart Delivery from Microsoft and suggested dialogue from Sony.

All of the announced new titles are coming out in 2021 (or later), so I could see people holding off for awhile, especially if they're having financial woes right now. And from what I'm seeing, many of 2021's games are also confirmed current-gen releases too, including Hogwarts Legacy. This isn't a complaint either, it's certainly a smart (and generous) decision during these times. The next-gen may just start off pretty slow as a result.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also... Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target put up their pre-order pages ahead of the pre-order date, causing their sites to crash and have all sold out, and people are freaking out. Okay! So maybe I'm wrong about people waiting awhile before buying a next-gen console (PS5 anyway).

Amazon better be ready tomorrow, as they were the only major place not to go up ahead of the pre-order date. People are going to be refreshing their page all night and day. LOL.

Did you pre-order yours, Flava'd?

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I really wanted to pre-order at my local gamestop, but they told me “they knew as much as I did.” Liars. :mad:

Will try again tomorrow. Unless amazon puts it up tonight in which case I’ll probably just snag it to make sure. Demon Souls is the big launch title for me, I’ll probably wait for a sale on Miles Morales and Valhalla now. Only one in that series I’ve never played.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:19 pm
Ocarina of Time

Might be getting the disc version on Holidays 2021

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 pm
The Kramer

I just got one on amazon!!!

I might cancel if I can get one at gamestop. Don’t wanna mess around too much though. Maybe I’ll just get two and flip one on ebay lol.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nice. Amazon is out of stock now, too. Probably shortly after going up last night, I'd imagine. Did they also break the pre-order date or did they go up at midnight?

Are quantities supposed to be low for launch (and shortly after, I presume) due to the pandemic? I don't typically pre-order non-Nintendo consoles, but if it's going to be hard to get a Xbox Series X/PS5 at launch and in the following months, I might opt to.

There also seems to have been a mini-Direct this morning. Have to watch and see what else was announced for Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars comes out tomorrow, by the way. If you have the money, and didn't pre-order when they were available, I'd suggest going to a retailer early tomorrow to get a copy.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:37 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Somebody on the cheap ass gamer forum found a link to preorder like 10 minutes before Amazon announced it on twitter. Lucky me!

There have been many tales of people lining up at gamestops this morning only to find their stores are getting fewer than ten total models. That just seems absurdly low. I’ll just see if mine has any left when I pick up Mario 3DA tomorrow.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

You got lucky! Nice. Especially if the in-store stock is going to be very limited when it launches, because eBay already has over 5,000 listings of people selling their PS5 pre-orders for up to $1,000 (or more). There is some debate about whether these listings violate eBay's terms of service though because purchased items must ship within 30-days of purchase, and obviously a purchased pre-order for something releasing in 2-months can't be shipped in 30-days.

We're going to stick with Microsoft and pre-order the Series X (hopefully!) on Tuesday. We're just fairly invested already in the Xbox software and accessories, especially having just downloaded Origins and Odyssey. Microsoft says pre-orders will go online Tuesday at 8am PST/11am EST, so hopefully retailers don't break the pre-order date and time again. I'll be keeping an eye out Monday night, especially at midnight, just in case though. Hoping to sign-up for the All-Access Plan ($34.99 a month), but I'm worried the application might take too long to fill-out and process before pre-orders sell-out.

Might invest in a PS5 (likely digital to save some $) in the future though for the, you guessed it, exclusives. A lot also depends on what titles make it over to Switch (or Switch Plus). A lot of PS4 titles I was interested in eventually got ported to the Switch (often in a deluxe version).

Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Amazon sent me an email saying I might not get the system on launch day.

So its a good thing I ordered a second one directly from Sony. :funny: :funny:

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 pm
Veteran

I might wait for the Cyberpunk 2077 upgrade.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looks like retailers dropped the ball again on the pre-orders, this time with the Xbox Series going online several hours (like 7 or 8 it seems) before scheduled. And Amazon hasn't even gone up yet, again. LOL. If I don't get to pre-order one though it's not that big of deal as long as there's available stock come Spring. I just worry about stock because a lot of people are reporting their local GameStop only allowed a handful of pre-orders (some less than 10).

I also noticed just minutes ago that the Xbox One S (not Series S, but ONE S) has gone out of stock at Walmart after being in stock for the past hour... I wonder if people accidentally pre-ordered it/ or signed up for it via All-Access due to the similar names.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:37 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I almost bought a Series S from target.com but just couldn’t pull the trigger. Having both on launch day would be so wasteful, even for a guy like me. We’re at least two years out from the first Bethesda exclusive.

Hope you get yours!

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thanks. I was at checkout at GameStop earlier but the error message came up when on the last page. >.>

I'll keep trying for another hour, maybe, but no longer than that. If I miss out on a pre-order, I'll check my local Walmart on launch day for any they might get in stock. The small town Walmart here seems to receive and keep things in stock for awhile. They even had 3 Switches (the regular one, not lite) there last time I checked.

But again, no big deal if I have to wait. Nothing particularly interesting that, to my knowledge, isn't also being released on Xbox One (and can be upgraded on Series S/X later) in the next 6-months at least.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Gamestop has definitely seemed like the worst when it comes to preorders. From what I can tell, they are selling very few systems on their own and instead bundling them with a bunch of other crap.

Amazon never even went up. That has to be your best bet.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:43 pm
Hold the door!

Just ordered a Nintendo switch! Supposed to be here halfway through October lol
Hoping to get a PS5 too.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 pm
The Kramer

Nice! Switch is awesome. Obviously they have an infernal trove of exclusives, but its also my favorite place for indie games now.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next