Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 WoKJ Needs A New Owner 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: WoKJ Needs A New Owner
Excel is apparently the "official" voice of entire KJ where all of us think JW will open to $145m - $150m. OK....

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:03 pm
Hold the door!

Not bad. I would take out the part about its quality (early screening reactions mean nothing), and make it clear these are mainly your opinions (most posters do not unfortunately expect an OW of 145-150 million). Otherwise, definitely publishable.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:04 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Not bad. I would take out the part about its quality (early screening reactions mean nothing), and make it clear these are mainly your opinions (most posters do not unfortunately expect an OW of 145-150 million). Otherwise, definitely publishable.

Enough with the amateurish nonsense. The main page is not going to be a collection of posters. "The World of KJ" needs to be viewed and treated like a brand. There are no more "excel predicts" or "dobby predicts". It is KJ and KJ only. And if you don't think JW is opening that high, frankly I think you're not bright enough to be contributing to the discussion. Unless the reviews come in terribly, JW is opening to 130+ and I suspect a bit higher.

It's a systematic evaluation of the factors which contribute to it's opening. Great timing, great marketing, supposedly good product.

If folks want it moved down, OK. But grow a pair of balls and call it like it is. Get the fuck out of the safe comfort zone and say what is going to happen. I think there is no way JW opens under 135 million with a very strong chance it opens in the 145 to 150.

I want to push the prediction and go for it. That way, when it happens, we will have some credibility with the folks who saw the prediction.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Enough with the amateurish nonsense. The main page is not going to be a collection of posters. "The World of KJ" needs to be viewed and treated like a brand. There are no more "excel predicts" or "dobby predicts". It is KJ and KJ only. And if you don't think JW is opening that high, frankly I think you're not bright enough to be contributing to the discussion. Unless the reviews come in terribly, JW is opening to 130+ and I suspect a bit higher.

It's a systematic evaluation of the factors which contribute to it's opening. Great timing, great marketing, supposedly good product.

If folks want it moved down, OK. But grow a pair of balls and call it like it is. Get the fuck out of the safe comfort zone and say what is going to happen. I think there is no way JW opens under 135 million with a very strong chance it opens in the 145 to 150.

I want to push the prediction and go for it. That way, when it happens, we will have some credibility with the folks who saw the prediction.

But if it opens to say, 120 million, we'll all look like retards.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm
Superfreak

Can't be afraid of looking stupid. They won't remember the calls you miss (unless they're real bad), they'll only remember the ones you make. And regardless, our general vibe that it is going to break out would still be true if it does "only" 120 million.

But shut the fuck up. IRON MAN 2 did 120 million 5 years ago. Do you REALLY think JW is only going to match IM2?

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm
You must have big rats

The problem is in the very first sentence:

Quote:
You Heard It At KJ First: ‘Jurassic World’ To Crush June Box Office Record

Because I am pretty sure those interested in box-office did not "hear it here first". Most expect it to beat Man of Steel's record. The actual prediction that you make, that is the good and ballsy one and that should be emphasized right away.

If you really are balls,y you could go with 'Jurassic World' To Deliver an All-Time Top 10 Opening (thatd mean beating F7's $147 million)

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Excel wrote:

Enough with the amateurish nonsense. The main page is not going to be a collection of posters. "The World of KJ" needs to be viewed and treated like a brand. There are no more "excel predicts" or "dobby predicts". It is KJ and KJ only.

It is still "excel predicts". Not sure how to put it otherwise, but:

the rest mostly doesn't give a fuck.

The whole discussion as to whether David writes great stuff or I do is even irrelevant to the matter because neither of us is actually eager to write.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Dr. Lecter wrote:
The problem is in the very first sentence:

Quote:
You Heard It At KJ First: ‘Jurassic World’ To Crush June Box Office Record

Because I am pretty sure those interested in box-office did not "hear it here first". Most expect it to beat Man of Steel's record. The actual prediction that you make, that is the good and ballsy one and that should be emphasized right away.

If you really are balls,y you could go with 'Jurassic World' To Deliver an All-Time Top 10 Opening (thatd mean beating F7's $147 million)

Agreed. Change the title to "You Heard It At KJ First: 'Jurassic World' to open to 140 million+".

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
Can't be afraid of looking stupid. They won't remember the calls you miss (unless they're real bad), they'll only remember the ones you make. And regardless, our general vibe that it is going to break out would still be true if it does "only" 120 million.

But shut the fuck up. IRON MAN 2 did 120 million 5 years ago. Do you REALLY think JW is only going to match IM2?

No, I'm expecting around 130 million. But it would not shock me at all to see lower.

But if you really want to say "KJ Predicts", you have to let anyone's ballsy prediction be published, as long as it is not unanimously considered retarded.

Last edited by zwackerm on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm
Superfreak

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:

Enough with the amateurish nonsense. The main page is not going to be a collection of posters. "The World of KJ" needs to be viewed and treated like a brand. There are no more "excel predicts" or "dobby predicts". It is KJ and KJ only.

THE REST DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK.

That isn't the point. KJ needs to be viewed and treated as a brand.We're not trying to build Excel's reputation, we are trying to build KJ's reputation. The focus has to be 110% on KJ and nothing else, in my opinion.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:20 pm
You must have big rats

zwackerm wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

But if it opens to say, 120 million, we'll all look like retards.

Are you concerned about how a prediction on the main page will make you look?

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Excel wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:

That isn't the point. KJ needs to be viewed and treated as a brand.We're not trying to build Excel's reputation, we are trying to build KJ's reputation. The focus has to be 110% on KJ and nothing else, in my opinion.

In edited my poost above, BTW.

The thing is just that you keep talking about our pool of knowledge, but it is not our pool of knowledge that would be building this thing.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:

The whole discussion as to whether David writes great stuff or I do is even irrelevant to the matter because neither of us is actually eager to write.

I'm sure there are topics you'd like to write about, no? Anything related to tent pole films. The decline of star power? The movie away from light heartedness? How much an unproduced film might have made?

Good articles find audiences. Write one about whatever you'd like.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 pm
Superfreak

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:

In edited my poost above, BTW.

The thing is just that you keep talking about our pool of knowledge, but it is not our pool of knowledge that would be building this thing.

Pretty much everything is from the 140+ million club, actually.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:23 pm
Hold the door!

I'm really thinking about it, and you know what's up. Even if we're wrong, we could be famous for being that site that predicts every tentpole to be a huge breakout or a major disappointment. None of this in line with tracking shit. We should also write articles about how Inside Out, Minions, Pixels, M:I5, etc., are going to break out huge, and how stuff like Ted 2 (I don't think it will, hwv). Terminator Genisys, MM:XXL, Ant-Man are going to disappoint.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm
Superfreak

Whatever. If it has to get credited to Excel, credit it to Excel. Would somebody mind posting it? Ensure the bolded paragraph remains bolded.

Lets just get it up and push it. Please dont sit on it until everybody else is saying similar things.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
I'm really thinking about it, and you know what's up. Even if we're wrong, we could be famous for being that site that predicts every tentpole to be a huge breakout or a major disappointment. None of this in line with tracking shit. We should also write articles about how Inside Out, Minions, Pixels, M:I5, etc., are going to break out huge, and how stuff like Ted 2 (I don't think it will, hwv). Terminator Genisys, MM:XXL, Ant-Man are going to disappoint.

the point is not to be famous. The point is to do a good job with something there is interest in and let people know we do a good job.

We have to do it early. My next article will be about Terminator's incoming epic bombage.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 pm
You must have big rats

Zwackerm, as much as I ridicule excel's grandiose plans, he is right about this - if you want to make people notice you, you do not predict safe or even nearly safe. You risk big, you win big or you fail big.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Excel wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Excel wrote:

I'm sure there are topics you'd like to write about, no? Anything related to tent pole films. The decline of star power? The movie away from light heartedness? How much an unproduced film might have made?

Good articles find audiences. Write one about whatever you'd like.

You don't get the point. I like writing and I like writing about box.office even more. But I do have my own enterprise to take care of. I do write articles that find an audience. That's what I do every single day.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Who posted Zwackerms article?

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:15 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

That is a user submitted post, I believe.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
Who posted Zwackerms article?

I submitted my own. You can too.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Superfreak

Ok, the articles up. I made the twatter account

https://twitter.com/KJBoxOffice

everybody go and follow

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:15 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Don't let me down.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:18 pm
Superfreak

I was planning on making it accessible to all the main folks.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next