Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Last game you played?
Oh, it definitely is. To a point where, while I'm normally all about a good story, I don't really care when it comes to Assassin's Creed. Well, I care for the story we're revisiting, but typically do not care much about the modern day stories used to frame them.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Microsoft just bought ZeniMax Media and Bethesda and all their subsidiaries for $7.5 billion.

Outside of Elder Scrolls, I've little personal interested in most of their other game franchises (or have never tried them), but obviously this is big for them.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

That one hurts. Though how much is yet to be determined. They said they will honor the contracts in place with Sony already, like Deathloop. i have a hard time imagining Elder Scrolls 6 not being on ps4 (if it even comes out this generation.) Same with Starfield. Doom 3 though? We PSers might be screwed there. And since they own Obsidian too, they could definitely make New Vegas 2 (or remaster) an exclusive.

I feel like Bethesda is sacred ground in the game industry along with Rockstar and Blizzard. Weird to think that they’ll be developing for Game Pass now.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hades update:

Beaten Elysium a few times now. Also beat the next area to face who I'm guessing is the last boss daddy himself (highlight if see if interested, the spoiler tag is annoyingly large), but lost pretty quickly. It's pretty crazy to me how much dialogue, and how well it's all written, has been put into this game. I just finished my 20th escape attempt (still as enjoyable as any before it) and I don't believe any of the characters have repeated the same dialogue beyond maybe interacting with Cerberus and the short lines when entering chambers, buying items and such.

And there's a lot of content. Fishing??? That was certainly a surprise. And I think there might be another activity to unlock too since I still have an undiscovered codex subject. The codex is going to take quite some time to complete, that's for sure. As is fully renovating the house. And that's all wonderful.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I did really well with Hades on my first try with the Shield. He whooped my butt on the second try though, didn’t even make it halfway through Phase 1 lol. Still, getting there with the fists was impressive enough.

Demeter is my dude. Love the chill effect.

And yeah its always new dialogue and I’ve even gotten some remixed boss fights. This game is so good that I’m finding it hard to play Mario 64 lol (30ish power stars so far.)

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:38 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I pre-ordered on Amazon Super Mario 3D All-Stars and it isn't expected until arrive until October 2nd. I didn't chose same day or anything, but that's still a full 2-weeks from its release date. Not really complaining though, because Hades and Origins (mostly Hades now) are taking up gaming time.

Demeter coming a bit later in the game makes sense since her Chill effect probably is the best. Deflect (Athena) and Drunken (Dionysus) remain close runner-ups for me, and I rarely turn them down when they appear. Interestingly, I've found Zeus' Lightning effect to be the least useful, I think? Besides the Heavenly Vengeance boon (I think that's the name), which strikes enemies that damage you, and only after it's leveled up a bit to get a real boost, I haven't cared much for any other Zeus boons that I've seen.

I came across this Legendary Duo boon yesterday, my first of Legendary rarity, that made all the Poms of Power more potent by increasing their levels by TWO when I found them. That was certainly a crazy run (reached Hades again thanks to it, but died).

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah Zeus’ boons are pretty useless after the second world. They are very handy for taking out the hordes of tiny skulls and exploding carts though. :funny:

Hermes is one who I always go for now. Getting another dash is huge.

Last night, with the gun, I easily took out the minotaur. Theseus was still able to beat me and my two remaining lives on his own though. :( I feel like I need a ranged weapon to beat Hades but just can’t get to him with one. Oh well, best put all my Titan Blood into shield upgrades!

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

After I kill the Minotaur, I take it "slow" (as much as possible in this game) when dealing with Theseus. Easier said than done obviously, but if you can inflict him with Doom or Drunken (or both!) while attacking at a distance, it's a little easier. Just a strategy I do fairly well with if the appropriate boons come up and such.

Did you know you can have Theseus and the Minotaur damage one another? It's tricky, but when the Minotaur charges after you, and doesn't run into a pillar, you can direct him into Theseus. And when Theseus throw his spear, you can lure the Minotaur into its path, if you're lucky (this is tough). And if you would happen to have Aphrodite's Aid and allow it to fully charge and use it on one of them, after the other is defeated, it does major damage (I'd estimate...15/20%? Maybe more if stacked with crystals) since it can't Charm target an enemy to attack another enemy.

But that's just some of what I've been doing. I don't think there's really an ideal or perfect build set, really. The game is incredible when it comes to the diversity of building a moveset and skills/abilities. Almost every escape attempt is different unless you use the appropriate Keepsake for better odds of getting the God you like most to appear, but even then, the boons are just one aspect of several.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hades vanquished!

The gun with seeking fire, delta chamber (no reloading) and frost strike is a winning combo. I even had two DDs to spare.

Also, having completed my first full run, I feel confident about giving this game an A+. I never thought in a million years that Last of Us 2 would be challenged for game of the year, but here we are.

Disturbing stat: Less than 10% of people who bought it on steam have gotten the achievement for petting Cerberus. What is wrong with people? I did that on my first run lol.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:48 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nice, nice. How many escape attempts did it take?

And really, less than 10%? I make sure to talk to everyone and interreact with everything. Petting Cerberus was also one of my first interactions, probably the first beyond any default one's before starting. I always pet him whenever he's in the house.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

To pre-order or not to pre-order... Why must it be $150!! :pinch:

Would probably jump on it at $100, but $150 just seems wasteful.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It was officially my 26th attempt, though I have quit right away atleast twice because I forgot to change my keepsake (Lucky Tooth isn't really useful until late in the run when I've run out of my other DDs). I'm not sure if those were counted or not.

I was actually kinda meh on Ori and the Blind Forest when I played it on PC a few years back. Of course, I only like playing strategy games (like Civ!) on PC, so that might have had somethint to do with it.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:49 pm
Forum General

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
That one hurts. Though how much is yet to be determined. They said they will honor the contracts in place with Sony already, like Deathloop. i have a hard time imagining Elder Scrolls 6 not being on ps4 (if it even comes out this generation.) Same with Starfield. Doom 3 though? We PSers might be screwed there. And since they own Obsidian too, they could definitely make New Vegas 2 (or remaster) an exclusive.

I feel like Bethesda is sacred ground in the game industry along with Rockstar and Blizzard. Weird to think that they’ll be developing for Game Pass now.

I hope this has a favorable impact on the development timeline for Starfield and ES6. I likely won't be upgrading my Xbox until Starfield is released.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

Corpse wrote:
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I’ve currently gotten back into Civ VI what with their season pass and all

My husband still plays Civ VI a good bit. Have you gotten all of the recent DLC? One of them messed the console versions up when they released, not allowing you to end your turn... I'm going to assume it's been patched by now though (hopefully).

Yeah I have the new DLC, it has been patched

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm
The Kramer

Already love the “end game” content of Hades. Will try to beat him with every weapon, was so close with the spear!!

My favorite part-
Spoiler: show
You can fight Charon for a discount card

Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not going to check that spoiler just in case it's something I didn't see, but I just watched the husband beat Hades... on his 21st attempt! So I've seen the what happens next for the most part and love it. And he did it using the Spear, only his second time using it too!

I'm at attempt 25 and have only faced Hades twice. LOL. I just got the third Death Defiance, so it shouldn't be too many more attempts... I don't think. But not that I mind since I enjoy playing so much. And I'm a completionist in most games I play, and since I like this one so much (10/10, easy), I'll be playing until I do everything possible. It's my favorite game since Breath of the Wild.

EDIT: And I just saw what I think is an aquarium to buy, and its description suggests you can put the fish you catch in it... This small addition, if it's really that, will keep me busy for ages. Love fishing mini-games and such in video games.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Defeated Hades on my 27th attempt using the Shield, only had 3 health left. Probably would have lost if not for the tiny bit of damage from Artemis's light arrow boon (the one that sends out seeking light arrows every time you use any attack). But I didn't lose, so yay!

Flava'd, did you know the Mirror has MORE effects? On the left next to the name of each effect you can swap between them...… I just discovered this tonight.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Grats corpse! I know that must have felt good.

And yes I did know about the mirror, but much like you, not until after I had already maxed out the other side lol. But it was cool, you get 1000 darkness for defeating Hades and can beef up the other side as much as you want. I only use two of the yellow talents - the one where you get gold every chamber and the one where you cast slows down the enemy (instead of letting you do extra damage.)

Untitled Goose Game has gone on sale for the first time since it launched. I really don't need to be spending any more money on games, but it does look hilarious and is supposedly very very short.... tres petit.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:22 am
100% That Bitch

so my boyfriend and i bought Nintendo Switch and so far we've got three games, Smas Bros., Mario Kart and Pokemon sword.

what other games should we get? consider neither of us have ever played a Legend of zelda game before.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 pm
The Kramer

Hmm my top ten games I’ve played on Switch would be:

1. Hades
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Mario Kart 8 DX
5. Slay the Spire
6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
7. Smash Bros Ultimate
8. Hollow Knight
9. Diablo 3 - old but my fav system to play it on
10. Splatoon 2

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm
100% That Bitch

I will try hades for sure!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Definitely don't need prior knowledge of any past Legend of Zelda games before playing Breath of the Wild. Its gameplay takes a new approach, and the story is largely independent from the series. If you were worried about being lost or something if you picked it up.

Our Top 10:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Hades
Super Mario Odyssey
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Civilization VI
Stardew Valley*

*I only played a few hours of Stardew Valley, but decided to list it because the spouse mentioned it as one of his top 5 games on the Switch. I did enjoy it when I played, but couldn't quite get into it as much as he did. I watched him play it a lot though, and would certainly recommend it if you're a fan of role-playing simulation games. A lot more opens up and becomes available later on.

Also, special mention for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. While this did receive strong reviews and also sold quite well, I think the Rabbids might have resulted in some people missing out on this gem. Ubisoft seems to have a lot of sales, and this one is often included at 70-80% off since it's a couple years old. The Gold Edition also goes on sale for like $20. Seriously great deal there, and strongly recommended.

And finally, since you'll have someone to play with, don't overlook Super Mario Party either. I'm a big Mario Party fan, and I consider it the best entry in the series since the Gamecube generation. It's not quite a return to form, but it's a big step up compared to Mario Party's 8-10.

The Switch has a lot of excellent games. First-party entries down to indie games alike.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Thank you, you two make me wanna buy Hades first then dive into Zelda games.

And yes, Mario party is 100% locked to be there too, but maybe at a later date, lol.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:27 pm
The Kramer

Just had an absurd run with the Shield. Had 243/330 health left and all four death defiances. Doom special + smoke grenade.

Now just need to take him out with that pesky sword.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I've now beaten Hades five times now. Twice with the Bow, twice with the Rails, and once with the Shield. The repeats with the Bow and Rails were with 1 level of heat.

I tend to choose the weapon that has the Dark Thirst to get the 20% bonus for Darkness during the run, and haven't had any recent runs with the Sword or Spear. I've reached him three times, I think, with the Arms, but just can't quite beat him despite typically doing very well using them until facing him. I'm thinking I'll need to really go heavy on the strike back boons to get damage in from being damaged and/or get that dodge % way up there.

And I'm not sure how I did it, but I revealed the three spaces right next to the entrance after my last run. To unlock the first one, whatever it is, you have to escape with a heat meter of 8(!). It'll take me a long while before doing this though, since I'm probably just going to increase the heat meter by 1 level after getting the Titan Blood, Diamond, and Ambrosia with each of the weapons. If you've gotten to this point, and without spoiling it of course, is the reward worth attempting yet?

(I ever mean for my posts about this game to be this long, but there's always more I want to add!)

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 91  Next