Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
I don’t have MUA anymore sorry. :(

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Last of Us 2 is getting the review bomb treatment. How dare they push their SJW agenda by having the main character be a gay woman!! This is an outrage!!!!

Oh well, people will see the truth and it will flop just like Captain Marvel.

I just read 3 pages of user reviews at Metacritic. The far majority don't seem to have a problem with one of the leads being a lesbian or a transgender.

*** SPOILERS ***

Instead they dislike that the hero of the first game is killed in the beginning and you end up playing his killer, and not really feeling motivated to do so at all. Also they point out a huge amount on inconsistencies in story and character. And a weak, pointless ending. They also say that the game is so endlessly cruel and violent story wise, that you just become over-saturated by it.

I would imagine a lot of people play a sequel to Last Of Us for story and characters, as those made the first game (Along with great animations).

Imagine a movie sequel with those story/character ingredients - Pretty much everyone would hate it. Something like The Last Jedi doesn't even compare.

"Everything they built up and established in the first game is just burned to the ground".

...That's really what the great majority of user reviews are saying. Very little anti-gay agenda.

EDITED:

And oh yeah, HBO is doing a live-action series of Last Of Us. It's pretty much guaranteed they won't be using the storyline from part 2. Because it would make even non-players angry.

Last edited by Tuukka on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

You should really put some spoiler tags up there. Also the first was really depressing too. Also theres still the issue of so many reviews popping up right away when the game runs for 25-30 hours.

Also the game is so awesome and fucking intense. Im seven hours in and its pretty close to a 10/10.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
You should really put some spoiler tags up there. Also the first was really depressing too. Also theres still the issue of so many reviews popping up right away when the game runs for 25-30 hours.

Also the game is so awesome and fucking intense. Im seven hours in and its pretty close to a 10/10.

Well, quick negative reviews aren't *that* surprising if you kill off the hero of the first game right in the beginning and force the player to be his killer. I mean how many people would embrace a mainstream movie sequel that did this? Last Of Us is a mainstream game.

The first game also had depressing elements, but it also had a glimmer of hope. Apparently this one doesn't.

I added a spoiler to the previous post, but not to this one, since I'm describing something that happens in the beginning.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The big scene happens near the beginning but it wasn’t advertised and is meant to be a huge shock to mirror the beginning of the first game. Therefore it should be spoiler tagged.

But yeah, so why does it happen every other time a female takes over a normally male-led franchise? If it was just The Last of Us then yeah, maybe it’d be understandable that people drop a 0 on the game even if they liked the first one(though not one minute after it releases.) This is a pattern though. They might as well call it The Last Jedi of Us: Answer the Call, Captain Marvel. Because merely having a female character = pushing the SJW agenda. If you can provide any example of Incels being OK about something like this I’ll back off but I certainly can’t think of any.

There’s also the issue of the cut scenes leaking out a month before the game. So not only are the Incels spending all day looking up what happens before they play the game, they’re looking up all the reasons they should be mad about what happens too.

Also, spoilers for Last of Us 1.

Spoiler: show
The game ends with Joel, the main character, finally taking Ellie to the Firefly resistance group who can use her blood to make a vaccine. The twist, they will have to use all of it and kill her. Joel says fuck that, slaughters all of the “good guys” and decides that the life of his friend/adopted daughter is more important than finding a cure and saving the world. That’s hopeful? Lol.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:23 am
Devil's Advocate

Conker's Bad Fur Day - This game is hilarious, so much adult humor.. It feels like game written by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright or something. How did this get made?

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in 3-days, making it the fastest selling PS4 exclusive. I don't know much about these games, beyond their critical acclaim, but if key story details leaked months ago, what happened to boycotting it? Seems like nearly everyone and then some still came out and bought it.

The track record of games breaking sales records upon release after receiving prior backlash prior due to story details being leaked, visuals being "bad", a new gameplay style, etc., is close to 100%. It's become a stamp of success for record sales and/or high acclaim.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is one of the most interesting video game releases ever. It's a good game, deserving of its following. It probably would have drawn more acclaim, and attention (probably more negative given it was on a Nintendo console), if it hadn't been released in the final few months of the N64s lifespan.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in 3-days, making it the fastest selling PS4 exclusive. I don't know much about these games, beyond their critical acclaim, but if key story details leaked months ago, what happened to boycotting it? Seems like nearly everyone and then some still came out and bought it.
This was my exact argument for not changing course from Last Jedi, people were gonna see it anyways. Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams felt differently though.

Anyways, I've also played some other quality games recently!

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 8.9/10: Excellent game that went beyond my expectations. It completely made its case for only featuring the Midgar section of the game and also offered hope of certain things changing in future installments. Fate is not set in FF7 Remake.

Resident Evil 3 - 8/10: The game is really fun, but there just isn't a lot of game. Should have had two campaigns again.

Man Eater - 7.75: If you're like me and want to play a game where a shark is the main character, this will work just fine. If you don't love sharks ... maybe not so much.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Corpse wrote:

The track record of games breaking sales records upon release after receiving prior backlash prior due to story details being leaked, visuals being "bad", a new gameplay style, etc., is close to 100%. It's become a stamp of success for record sales and/or high acclaim.

The backlash is big, because the game is big. Nobody would care to complain so much about some smaller game.

The 50/50 negative reaction for Last Of Us 2 might influence sales in the long run, and it might particularly affect sales for part 3. But this was bound to be massive no matter what.

Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Esports looks to be the next industry rocked by sexual assault allegations if the many people coming forward in the Smash Bros. community yesterday (and today) serve as an early indicator. Many of these involve sexual acts with minors, too (given many pro gamers begin as minors), so this could certainly get ugly.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Bandai Namco and Capcom pulled out of Evo 2020 due to the ongoing sexual assault allegations in the fighting game community (not just in the Smash Bros. community now...), after the co-founder and CEO (Joey Cuellar) of Evo 2020 just admitted (basically) a few hours ago to sexually assaulting a minor following an accusation as well.

So... it's probably going to be cancelled. Evo 2020 was scheduled to be online-only due to COVID-19, of course, but all for naught it seems.

EDIT: And it was just cancelled minutes after posting this, and Joey Cuellar has been removed as CEO.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

So far I've ready only cases of a young adult having consensual sex with a minor?

Age of consent of course is there for a reason. But one case I read was about a 20-year having sex with a 15-year old. Most likely wouldn't be punishable here in Finland. Age of consent is 16, but if the two are close to being same age, then there is no punishment. If the age difference wasn't considered, a lot of ordinary young people who are in a consensual relationship would be put to prison.

There might be more cases that I haven't read yet.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Tuukka wrote:
So far I've ready only cases of a young adult having consensual sex with a minor?

Age of consent of course is there for a reason. But one case I read was about a 20-year having sex with a 15-year old. Most likely wouldn't be punishable here in Finland. Age of consent is 16, but if the two are close to being same age, then there is no punishment. If the age difference wasn't considered, a lot of ordinary young people who are in a consensual relationship would be put to prison.

There might be more cases that I haven't read yet.

A 20 year old having sex with a 15 year old isn’t consensual in America

I read a story about a 24 year old girl with a 14 year old boy

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:51 pm
The Kramer

The Last of Us 2 - 11/10

The game is an assault on your emotions. Not a moment goes by when you aren’t feeling terror, sorrow, the intense adrenaline that would be needed to survive these encounters- yet still mixed with little bits of hope driven by the characters. Ellie is starting her path of vengeance while Abby has ended hers, looking for new meaning in life without realizing she has created another version of herself that is coming like the fucking Terminator.

Switching to Abby was tough at first, but Naughty Dog rewards you with some thrilling set pieces and an unreal final boss fight. It was basically Uncharted: Zombies Aint the Worst Thing Out Here.

Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:58 am
The Kramer

Much like the PS3, PS4 is going out in style. Both of their big exclusives delivered this year and Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima is only a week away.

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:02 am
Extraordinary

Just got Red Dead Redemption 2. Never played the first one. Literally just starting

Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nintendo went big with the Mario 35th Anniversary. All covered in the direct below:

Definitely getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars. This is the first time that Sunshine has ever been playable (legally) outside of its original release. Probably would have preferred they just release these 3 games on a Switch version of the Virtual Console, but given it's been out for 3.5-years now, I wouldn't expect a VC at this point. Although... having the game as a limited time release until March 31st, 2021 (both retail and digital...) might suggest otherwise. We'll see. AND... WHY NO SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2???

Super Mario Bros. 35 also looks fun. Probably would have passed on it if it wasn't free (with Online Membership), or at least $10 or something, so good decision to include it the Online Membership benefits.

I'm not sold on Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury yet. I still have the original Wii U game (and Wii U itself), so the Bowser's Fury content will need to be really good for me to double-dip here since the game isn't top-tier.

Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Love that 3D All Stars turned out to be real. Easy day one buy.

Switch needed this too. Yeah its just more ports technically, but its definitely more than just something like Pikmin 3 DX. I was hoping that Snap 2 would be the big fall game, but as that now looks unlikely this was the next best option.

So Tony Hawk Remaster comes out tomorrow.
Mario 3D All Stars Sept 15
Crash Bandicoot 4 - October 5

Im gonna be nine for the next month and a half.

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pokemon Snap 2 could still be released in November/December. This was just the Mario 35 direct.

I'm surprised that 3D All Stars is coming out in just TWO WEEKS.

Also, all this Mario news has me really hoping for Super Mario Party 2 (the first was the best selling MP game ever, so... where's the next one?!), or better even, a Mario Party collection (with online play!).

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I've been playing various games recently, because there's not that much else to do, and working from home allows me so much time to faff about in video games instead.

God of War is one I heard a lot of good things about and... did not enjoy. Mind you, I have not gotten too far into this yet, and I believe it opens up more at a certain point, eliminating my complaint that I feel like I'm on rails too much, but still. I do not enjoy Kratos as a character at all. Every time he talks to his son, I just yell "HE HAS A NAME!" and end up wanting to play it less. Maybe if the combat was better I'd look past it, but... it's not.

Assassin's Creed Origins is one I had been meaning to play for a while. I played Odyssey when it came out, but never picked up Origins until recently. It's... Assassin's Creed, but with more of the open world sandbox thing that Odyssey carried on, and I've greatly enjoyed it. The scenery is fabulous, Bayek is a character I do like, and I'm always happy to be able to sneak around and stab someone while they're taking a piss.

Infamous: Second Son is a game I played before, but never finished, and decided to pick up again. I enjoy running around Seattle with superpowers, enough so that I can get over lackluste combat (which AC Origins did for me too).

There's also been a lot of Animal Crossing of course, though right now I do not have any inspiration for tweaking any part of my island, leading me to play it less than before.

As for upcoming stuff, 3D All Stars can blow me with it asking 60 bucks for three old games. I'd consider it if Mario Galaxy 2 was part of the collection, but as it is I do not think each of these games is worth 20 bucks on their own, let alone 60 combined.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:42 am
The Kramer

We're lucky they didn't charge $60 for each lol.

Also, corpse, I hope you got Fall Guys while it was free on PS4. Definitely scratches all those Mario Party itches you may have.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't have a PS4. :( We decided on getting an Xbox One in 2015/2016(?) instead for our secondary console (aka non-Nintendo platform that plays anime games and some RPGs). That said, I've been so tempted to buy a PS4 for weeks now JUST TO PLAY FALL GUYS. But that'd be a wasteful splurge, so I'll suffer through seeing all the fun everyone else is having playing it for the time being. I really want to play it...

Looking back, we should have got the PS4 because many of the anime titles and RPGs were eventually ported to the Switch in deluxe form.

I tweet the slightly annoying Fall Guys twitter account every so often about bringing it to Switch/Xbox One though. I'd like to believe they will sooner rather than later given how popular it's become, but they've also said they didn't have plans to release it on Switch/Xbox, so I guess we'll see. If they don't before the end of the year, then I doubt they will.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, the Xbox Series S (digital) model is going to launch at just $299 on November 10th. And the Series X model will launch at $499. Microsoft will unveil more later today, but the released specs for the Series S are below:

-1440p at up to 120 FPS
-DirectX Raytracing
-Variable Rate Shading
-Variable Refresh Rate
-Ultra-Low Latency
-Custom 512GB SSD
-4K Streaming Media Playback
-4K Upscaling for Games
-Diskless play

And with the Switch still selling very well (when in stock), matching its $299 price tag should prove very beneficial for Microsoft, and also for Sony if they decide on that price for the PS5 Digital Edition model.

Sony is rumored to announce the pricing of the PS5 models tomorrow. $399 for the PS5 digital model and $599 for the PS5 have been speculated for awhile, and we'll know soon. I don't think being $100 higher than the competition will hurt very much, but this news might influence their pricing.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:33 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hyrule Warriors of the Wild gets the big fall spot. I’m not familiar with the series but the artwork looks wonderful.

That $300 Xbox is going to be awfully tempting for people on the fence. With Game Pass you could realistically spend less than $1000 during the entire console cycle.

But, as I pointed out going into the previous era, what does it matter when PS has all the games? I’d have Last of Us, Spider-Man, Persona, Horizon, Bloodborne, Resogun, Pyre and God of War in my top 15 of last generation and PS was the only place to get them. What did Xbone have? A Halo that nobody liked, a few Gears, Sunset Overdrive (this did look very cool) and a bunch of Forzas. I don’t think Xbox can even make that type of quality game anymore since all their exclusives will basically be free with game pass and also have to be played on the underpowered systems of Series S and One X.

I’m fine with $599 for the quality gaming experience we deserve. Though it will give Xbox SeX a chance to keep up here in the States.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hyrule Warriors 2 looks great. The Warriors games tend to have similar graphics/art styles, so seeing Koei Tecmo basically use the Breath of the Wild style and art as opposed to their usual look is refreshing. If you pick it up, and if it supports online-play, we'd be down to play it with you. Single-player can still be fun with these games though.

Before dropping $60 on it though, I'd suggest looking into the Warriors genre of games first because they're not for everyone. They're basically button mashing, hack and slashers that can get repetitive after a short period of play. The more recent titles (since 2014 or so) have largely refined the genre, while some entries (mostly from the various collaboration entries like Pirates Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors) have also added some new gameplay elements that mostly work well.

As for the console debate, I'm almost exclusively a Nintendo gamer. If I get a secondary console, it's generally to play anime games or RPGs that don't get released on a Nintendo console, but that has changed with the Switch. But I doubt the Switch will be able to play the next-gen games on the PS5/Xbox SeX, unless they release a Switch Plus next year (almost certain according to reports) that's capable of doing it. I'm probably going to wait a while before deciding on a secondary console again.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 91  Next