Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 College Basketball 2013-14 Season 

Post Re: College Basketball 2013-14 Season
Kansas might slip down to a three seed in Wichita State's bracket with a weak road to the final four.

They have played the most historically difficult schedule, and when Embiid gets back, this team might push deep like Connecticut of 2000, but that's if Wiggins keeps playing at the level he's been at. Twenty points in each of the last three games, just their defense needs Embiid and they need to pray the other team isn't having a hot night with three point shots (a staple of Iowa State teams)

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 pm
Extraordinary

so it will be a Michigan title game tomorrow. I give the Wolverines the edge. If they win, I think they get the last number one seed.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Louisville looks about as good as they did last year. I sure wouldn't want them in my bracket if I was the number one. What is crazy is Louisville and Michigan State are listed as 4's right now (I still see Louisville going up at least to a 3). If that stays, there will be 2 unhappy 1 seeds.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Louisville looks unreal right now, I agree. Honestly I think they deserve the final number one seed.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Although watch out for Baylor, they have gone under the radar, but they look like a big time spoiler right now.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:38 pm
Extraordinary

Providence takes out Creighton, so they don't have to worry about the bubble. The Big 12 game is great right now. Both games, though, have been terrific tonight.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

Arizona goes down, but is still locked up for a number one.

Interesting things to note:

Florida has played relatively no one since non-conference outside of a weak Kentucky team. But the same can be said for Kentucky in 2012.

This is not a stable Bill Self Kansas team. This is not the type of team that comes back in the final two minutes with stellar defensive and big time plays like in 2008 and 2012, but this is perhaps his most talented freshmen. They're a great team, but can't seem to put a string of great games together.

Louisville is smoking hot right now, I am surprised there is no talk of their potential as a number one seed.

The Big 10 is not as strong as the Big XII this year, so I don't see anyone except maybe Michigan making a deep run.

Duke is quietly being Duke.

North Carolina has now lost two in a row, yeah, they lost their hot card.

Syracuse has lost five out of seven now. Don't let anyone convince you they've turned anything around yet.

It will be hard to judge Wichita State until they advance in the NCAA tournament no matter how you spin it.

Iowa State can win when their shots are hot (Kansas) and even when they're not (Baylor) this team IS a final four caliber team despite the lack of attention.

Baylor, despite their loss tonight, is going to be a tougher team than their seed will indicate, same for Oklahoma State, I would not want to be a one or two seed possibly facing them in the second round.

Kentucky is weak, but talented. Again they will be a tough upper seed, but I would rather face them than Baylor or Oklahoma State.

Tennessee is playing their best basketball right now, but they are no strong contender.

Overall, I think Louisville is the favorite to win the whole thing.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 am
Extraordinary

I agree with most of that. I slightly disagree about the Big 10, as I think Michigan State could make a run to at least the Elite 8. I am not really sure about Wisconsin. They seem to have trouble with quick teams, and I could see them getting upset.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I can't believe Louisville got a 4 that is crazy. They should have been a 3 at least. And why the hell did they reward Syracuse for playing horrible the last month. I bet Western Michigan beats them. I have no faith in Syracuse right now. Louisville is going to be dangerous and angry, and poor Wichita to have to get through Kentucky and Louisville yikes.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The seeding is really messed up this year. I don't think Nova deserves a #2. They have only beaten 1 top 40 team and got blown out by Creighton twice. Saint Louis has lost 4 of the last 5, and don't deserve a 5 seed. I would have swapped them with New Mexico who has looked great this year. I already mentioned Syracuse who should have been a 4 with Nova a 3, and Louisville a 2. I don't think anyone really got snubbed. Maybe you can argue for SMU over BYU but that is about it.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Overall I like our draw, Duke's that is. Yes, Louisville is in the same region again, but they're on the other side just like last year, and they are going to need to play Wichita State or Kentucky first. We could handle Chippy's Michigan team. :)

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Whoever comes out that Midwest Region, is wining the whole thing due to the competition alone

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Kansas has some unfavorable match-ups. The committee gave them a two-seed, sure, but a hell of a hard road.

They beat New Mexico, but Bill Self mentioned how hard it was to guard their big men. Guarding big men has usually never been a problem for Bill Self teams historically (one unknown fact is that Jeff Withey out guarded Anthony Davis in the 2012 championship game), but without Embiid this will be a problem. Next Kansas has most likely Syracuse or Ohio State the latter of which has Aaron Craft. This Kansas team cannot guard point guard effectively and typically plays the opponents game style. Thankfully both Syracuse and Ohio State have weak offensive teams, so that does favor Kansas.

Florida has the easiest road to the elite eight, this is not even a discussion.

The Midwest is about as loaded as the Big XII, which is to say, awfully tough.

The West is the easiest bracket. I think Arizona has an easy road, but full of upset potentials. Don't be surprised if one of the Big XII teams randomly advances from this bracket (watchout especially for Baylor right now)

ESPN is overrating Michigan State. Yes they are healthy, but they've been health for over a week now and lost even with their healthy team at the end of the regular season. I like Iowa State out of the east.

Kentucky vs. Kansas State will be interesting as both teams play that bully style of basketball. K-State plays the style better, but Kentucky is more talented, this is perhaps the most interesting first round match-up.

Louisville got robbed of a higher seed, there is no spinning this.

Right now, my final four is Florida, Arizona, Louisville, Iowa State

By second picks are Kansas, Baylor, Michigan, Michigan State

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 am
Devil's Advocate

I like Michigan State to go deep

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Fucking Midwest region.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct