Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 One of these days I'll get back into Shape! 
Extraordinary

Post One of these days I'll get back into Shape!
Here it is ladies and gents...

Have you not left the side of your computer in over 6 months?
Do you get mad when you live on the fifth floor and the elevator keeps breaking? (No wait...that's just me)
Do you job a mile a day but have been gripped by the urge to run a Marathon by late Feb?
Do you bike? (You know who you are :wink: )

Talk about Pain....HERE.

When the lactic acid in your muscles has overwhelmed you to the point where you can do little more than use the typing fingers of your left hand.

Write about it here.

BTW, I stopped exercising after Philly in 2002 pretty much. But I just got some sneakers...be very afraid.

-Dolce

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:34 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Hmm.. by getting into shape does that mean good cardio shape or lean, strong muscles? Cuz haven't really hit cardio in some time but been doing the usual stuff to stay lean and fit. But yea gotta get into the mode of doing more exercising as well, unfortunately getting cold here fast.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Post Re: One of these days I'll get back into Shape!
dolcevita wrote:
Do you bike? (You know who you are :wink: )

:wink:

Don't be scared getting into shape because of the initial pains. Only the first two weeks are really hard, after that it is easy sailing... You just have to keep your training routine up... :wink:

BTW, I'm biking hard since April (A little bragging is in order here: So far, it amounted to about 3,800 miles, and counting...) and I'm switching back to my winter routine (less biking, more running, even more weight training and an occasional skiing trip to the Adirondacks)... So, I tried a couple of crunches yesterday, while watching Yankees - Bosox game, and let me tell you, even though I'm in a great shape, I'm still feeling my abs today...

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

i try so hard not to get fat so i work out non stop and i'm skinny yet muscular so i'm happy with that......i bike all the time and run which i enjoy. Just wait till i'm older i'll be a BEAST

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

*3800 what?*

Do you still go in Central Park? I live in NYC now...I could keep my eye out for loonie biker while a lazily sit on park benches.

You cought that one in a jiffy...I'm going to need to be more subtle next time.

-Dolce

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:39 pm
Extraordinary

i try so hard not to get fat so i work out non stop and i'm skinny yet muscular so i'm happy with that......i bike all the time and run which i enjoy. Just wait till i'm older i'll be a BEAST

Start swimming.

Do triathlons.

They're the BEST.

-Dolce

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:40 pm
The Incredible Hulk

:shock:

*3800 what?*

Do you still go in Central Park? I live in NYC now...I could keep my eye out for loonie biker while a lazily sit on park benches.

You cought that one in a jiffy...I'm going to need to be more subtle next time.

-Dolce

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I live in Murray Hill, so I usually ride on the bike-way around Manhattan, start at 34th, all the way down to Battery Park and up the West Side to Inwood Hill Park... It is more pleasant then Central Park, scenery changes more often, and I can rack up 50-60 miles in no time... But if I need a quick 30 mile training ride, 4-5 laps in CP will do just fine, although you probably won't see me there on weekend, way too many casual riders, at least during summer, to enjoy really hitting it hard... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sometimes, I venture over the GWB to NJ, or over the Brooklyn Bridge through local streets to the Prospect Park....

A couple of weeks ago we had a "NYC Century" ride... All over NYC, 115 miles in a nice pleasant tempo in little over 6 hours... Can't wait for the next year...

I'm also planning to do some mtb. biking in Colorado for two weeks, or so... Some epic, multi-day rides, like 'The Colorado Trail' or/and maybe 'Durango - Moab'... Could be fun... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

I really should be getting back into shape. I've gained like 20 pounds over the past year.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:16 pm
The Incredible Hulk

I really should be getting back into shape. I've gained like 20 pounds over the past year.

Come on rusty, put on those ice skates and hit a nearby rink, damn... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

Come on rusty, put on those ice skates and hit a nearby rink, damn... :lol: :lol: :lol:

too tired. I'll let others do it for me :lol:

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:48 pm
Site Owner

Once for chest,

Once for back/shoulders,

Once for arms.

I am thinking about adding a day where I max chest. But am undecided. Can't wait for spring break :P

I drink alot too does that count as working out ... i do have to lift the beer after all? :wink:

KJ

Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]