Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Mister Ecks wrote:
This is genuinely the worst year ever for wrestling, specifically sports entertainment. Coronavirus killed live attendance and slashed profits all across the board, and now this blowing up. If it seeps into bigger names and current talent, it could end up having severe consequences. It's just a matter of how far up this will go.
And today it got even worse with several Covid scares, including AEW Champ Jon Moxley possibly contacting someone with it. Plus the new tri state quarantines mean you can’t just travel back and forth to Florida if you happen to live there. Will have to move basically.

WWE hasnt named anyone but there was at least one wrestler.

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 pm
100% That Bitch

Welp, covid19 outbreak confirmed, up to 40 cases inwwe including wrestlers, production, referees and everything in between.

Way to go WWE.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm
The Kramer

#RomanWasRight

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Renee Young has confirmed she has COVID-19.

Certainly not looking good, and you know WWE in particular won't put the show on hold either.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Extreme Rules: THE HORROR SHOW

Terrible subtitle for a ppv, but kind of apt for the current state of pro wrestling. :wacko:

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:28 pm
New Server, Same X

Does... does The Horror Show have some sort of history to its name? Where did it come from? Even in October, it wouldn't make sense. At least Great Balls of Fire was previously a song.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm
New Server, Same X

Was there a bigger disappointment than the Smackdown sendoff for The Undertaker? Replaying the Boneyard Match and doing some half-assed tributes for him. Why not wait until crowds are back? How do we know he won't do another pre-taped match at Wrestlemania next year? He's technically retired a few times now.

I wonder if he was pissed at Jeff Hardy doing the "down on one knee, hand raise" at the end of Smackdown. He supposedly was pissed when Bubba Ray did the "eyes rolling in the back of his head" thing 20 years ago.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 pm
The Kramer

I think they needed something to fill time and distract from the covid outbreak. Taker’s doc finale happened to air recently so it fit into their plans.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm pretty bored with RAW lately. I skipped a lot of it last night. Apparently Seth and Kevin Owens are wrestling each other? Again? They've wasted Aleister Black. Bianca Belair debuted... disappeared... and now she's a tag team with Ruby Riott? OK. Dolph Ziggler gets another meaningless title shot at Extreme Rules (please don't make me use the full name). I have no idea why they've brought in Flair with Orton, considering Orton is fine on his own. Unless we're setting up Orton doing a punt kick on Flair soon. Big Show is hanging around for some reason? The only entertaining part of RAW is the team of Bayley and Sasha Banks. Man, are they finally getting a push? Only took them years to do it, even though people complain we only ever get Becky, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley getting the spotlight.

Meanwhile I watched quite a bit of Fyter Fest and enjoyed it. It's hard for me to see the ex-WWE guys and take them seriously though. I know he's just a whole gimmick but I liked Orange Cassidy against Jericho. I knew he'd never beat Jericho but it was a fun match.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:45 pm
The Kramer

Orton and Sasha are the only things worth watching on Raw now.

As for former WWE guys in AEW ... yeah I can see your point. I wish they made more of an effort to give them new characters. Dynamite is still the best weekly show though, I never feel like I'm wasting my time watching it.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:34 pm
New Server, Same X

I haven't watched Dynamite much at all, but with my growing dissatisfaction with WWE, I'm giving it more attention. I guess it helps that the last two weeks and tonight are special "non-PPV" PPV shows.

The ex-WWE guys thing is purely on me. They of course are going to hire some of these guys and some of them have better gimmicks (at least Brodie Lee is talking). It just reminds me too much of TNA and IMPACT sometimes, and I do not want AEW to become IMPACT.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 pm
New Server, Same X

I didn't realize it until today, but my issue with WWE is that they're pushing new talent that was made to look weak and mid-level as recently as six months ago. They put so much stock into a small number of guys (Lesnar, Roman, Goldberg), and now that they're all gone or on hiatus, the guys that should have been given chances (Drew, Braun, Lashley, Bray) are getting the spotlight and they are largely sucking at it because they were made to look so weak by always putting over the chosen ones.

I think Drew and Braun are great champions, well-deserved and they hold their own in their own ways. But man... WWE has done so much to kill them at every turn to put over someone else (Brock over Braun, Roman over Drew) that they feel like placeholders. They'll probably get the blame for low ratings, but the blame is still on Vince and not building and nurturing new stars and instead focusing millions of dollars and YEARS of championship reigns by a Brock Lesnar.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm
The Kramer

I think Drew is working as champion, but Braun.. eh. I'm glad he's getting a run, but also wouldn't be upset/surprised if he just lost it on a random Smackdown one day. Feels like that type of reign.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Drew is a good champion, but he was booked badly up until Royal Rumble this year. Plus they have given him opponents that have been booked equally poorly. Lashley... Ziggler... even Seth Rollins is so wildly uneven in how they book him.

I assume The Fiend will take the title off Braun at Summerslam. But that opens some new issues after that, as their booking of Bray/The Fiend has been rough too, especially when he's champion.

Watched both nights of Fyter Fest and also Fight for the Fallen. I'm generally impressed with them. Not sure what they're going for with their obvious ripoff of Brock and Heyman with Taz managing Brian Cage. Taz dropping "shit" into every promo doesn't make him as good (or even half as good) as Heyman for promos.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:59 pm
The Kramer

Really great Dynamite this week. Eddie Kingston shined in his debut. The Bucks falls count anywhere match was as ridiculous as you'd expect, pushing towards the sure-to-be epic triple threat for the tag titles at All Out. And hey, Sammy graduated from "don't talk about raping girls" camp early!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Never heard of Eddie Kingston but he impressed me on his debut. Solid match.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 pm
The Kramer

Bye bye Kairi. :(

I think she would have become women's champion one day, but I can't blame her for wanting to get away from Nia Jax.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

What's the story behind Kairi leaving? (Not near my PC and researching it on my phone is too annoying.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Corpse wrote:
What's the story behind Kairi leaving? (Not near my PC and researching it on my phone is too annoying.)

She got married and moved to Japan go be with boo.

Also WWE is having record breaking profits during a pandemic is lulz. They nearly quadrupled their expectations ?thanks to cuts in production budgets thanks to producing from the PC)

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm
Top Poster

Interesting, does that mean even after pandemic is lifted, they might not go back to touring schedule?

They could limit travel to just a few times a year, say Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and maybe the Smackdown and Raw on the same weekend. Or only Saudi Arabia shows.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191