Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
The audience reaction to Goldberg tomorrow night will be interesting. I wonder if it'll approach the Reigns RAW reaction post "retiring" (but not really) Undertaker.

I kinda want a "We Don't Care" or "Who Cares?" chant (courtesy of Asuka's solid promos of late) to become a thing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

It's getting TOXIC online reaction from nearly every corner of the web. If half of that translates to live crowds, we're in for the biggest heel of the 20s Lmfao

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:21 pm
The Kramer

It’s basically the same reaction as Wyatt v Rollins Cell match. I guess we should just expect one of these every few months.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

I fell behind a few months again, but lmao at Lana's wedding, what did I just watch. Loved the Jerry chants :lol:

Raw seemed ... pretty fucking bad in December. They really need a Cena/Reigns/Bryan type babyface and not just an antihero like KO or Orton. Makes wasting Kofi as a singles asset even worse. He could have been the #1 face on Raw.

I became a fan again in late 2014 and early on there was a shaky TLC PPV, Brock was absent champion, Rollins was heel and one of the best early matches was Zayn winning the NXT title from Neville. Now almost exactly 5 years later I am somewhat reborn (it's complicated) in terms of watching art or sports and as a wrestling fan and started with a shaky TLC program, Brock as absent champion, Rollins as heel and one of the best early matches was Ripley winning the NXT title from Shayna. Hopefully 2020 is as fun as 2015 was.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:10 am
The Kramer

So Mania is:

Roman v Goldberg: maybe the crowd will finally cheer Roman in the main event part 5
Drew McIntyre v Brock
Charlotte v Rhea Ripley
Becky Lynch v Shayna Bazler
Edge v Randy Orton
John Cena v Bray Wyatt

And maybe

Undertaker v AJ Styles?
Bayley v Sasha?
HHH v ??? in a 25 minute match
New Day v Usos v Miz/Morrison - this one seems very likely
Seth Rollins v Kevin Owens? They’ve been feuding for months but still haven’t had a 1v1 match
Multiman midcard title matches?
Tyson Fury/Shane Velasquez v ???

It’s Ok, not as good as last year, and the crowd will be so burnt by the time Roman comes out for the main event

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:37 pm
New Server, Same X

I still can't believe we're living in a timeline where Roman Reigns and Goldberg are main-eventing Wrestlemania, with Goldberg as champion. What did we do to deserve this? I almost feel bad for Roman. Between Lesnar, Corbin and now Goldberg, the dude has never stood a chance with opponents.

And I can't stand Goldberg's cocky face in the ring. Don't care if he's the nicest dude on the planet, his overconfidence is only bested by his complete lack of in-ring skill and understanding of what it takes to put on legit matches and stories that don't just revolve around putting him and his two moves over. Neither of which he can do anymore.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:22 pm
New Server, Same X

I like that the same people that say The Fiend is a goofy character are complaining that he pointed at the Wrestlemania sign to challenge Cena. It was probably my favorite "point at the sign" moment since the eye-rolling practice has become tradition this time of year.

I wish the promo contained more logic though. It was smart to send Cena out there and be the anti-legend and not want to steal a spot from the current roster. But one appearance with The Fiend and OOPS I guess I'll take that match! They could have went the predictable route and had Bray court him for the match via Firefly Funhouse.

Negatives aside, I'm genuinely excited for this... only if Cena puts Bray over. It should have happened at Wrestlemania 30, so I hope that is rectified. This feud and the match could potentially help Bray and The Fiend after the disastrous Goldberg loss.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:10 pm
New Server, Same X

Enough isn't being said about two other matches. First, Lesnar destroying Ricochet in a minute and a half. What's the point here? You have a midcard guy with lots of in-ring talent (zero charisma aside) and you feed him to Brock. Why not have a legit match? And make it non-title so at least there's a chance of an upset. No one expected Drew McIntyre vs Ricochet at Wrestlemania, so at least make it believable.

And of course, I'm feeling bad for The Undertaker. Why is he doing these appearances? I expected him to have a big career ending and go off peacefully, but he's dragging out the inevitable and the chances of him having a respectable last match are slim as ever. It reminds me of WWE dragging Bret Hart back to the ring in 2010. A disappointing end to an otherwise incredible career.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:15 pm
100% That Bitch

The best possible outcome is for coronavirus to cancel WrestleMania

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

The AOP being boring doesn’t help, but I don’t really like this heel Rollins that much. Unlike someone like AJ he doesn’t really have the acting ability to express the complete delusion of the Monday Night Messiah gimmick. He feels more like someone pretending to be a bad guy. They need to get him back to a guy who’s bread and butter is worker matches on Raw or else they’re going to ruin his career. I do like Buddy getting in with them though.

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:44 pm
100% That Bitch

Randy giving Beth and RKO is the best segment of raw in months. When Randy is into a story he's godly, just like he is. This story should main event WrestleMania.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:07 am
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Randy giving Beth and RKO is the best segment of raw in months. When Randy is into a story he's godly, just like he is. This story should main event WrestleMania.

I've said a lot of negatives for Orton, but it's true that when he's into a storyline, he gives it everything. It's just too bad when he's given something less-than-ideal, he phones it in.

That aside, the work with Beth on RAW was phenomenal. In a year where every match has potential to be great but none are guaranteed, this should definitely main event.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
The AOP being boring doesn’t help, but I don’t really like this heel Rollins that much. Unlike someone like AJ he doesn’t really have the acting ability to express the complete delusion of the Monday Night Messiah gimmick. He feels more like someone pretending to be a bad guy. They need to get him back to a guy who’s bread and butter is worker matches on Raw or else they’re going to ruin his career. I do like Buddy getting in with them though.

No two guys have been given more of the spotlight and have squandered it so horribly than Seth and Roman. It's so strange. Both are talented, but something is way off for both of them. Seth is now proving me wrong about turning Roman heel. I don't think it would help. And the sad part is I have no idea how they fix Seth.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:44 pm
100% That Bitch

Neither Seth or Roman (or Dean Ambrose really) are the next big thing and that's sad af Because both are talented as fuck, but they don't really have the it factor.

Yes they have great wrestling skills, good promos, great looks but they just don't shine and wwe has done everything they can to make them their biggest stars. And some of it has backfired like Reigns beating Taker at WM.

They HAD a perfect opportunity to make Reigns the next big thing when h came back from leukemia. Like the story wrote itself but even that didn't work and once that failed I knew nothing they did was ever gonna .and Reigns huge. Rollins has had pretty much the spotlight on him for over a year and has failed as a face as a tweener and as a heel. They really aren't that charismatic.

If you want charisma look at Becky, Asuka, Angel Garza. Those three should be their gold standard. While Becky has turned into a parody of herself, she still shines. Angel Garza had more charisma in his smile than Roman and Seth.

And Asuka? She really is that bitch, she makes us invested in everything she does despite speaking 80% Japanese 20% English. And that's something you just can't teach.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:04 pm
100% That Bitch

Also, it looks I'm not the only one who thinks Orton/Edge should main event! Hopefully WWE is listening.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:09 pm
The Kramer

I'd be good with that. It definitely has the best story.

AEW Revolution was really good. Page and Omega v Bucks was another match of the year candidate. Omega not being able to lift up his opponent up for the one-winged angel, only to have Hangman tag himself in and perform the move for his partner was the biggest I've marked out in awhile.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:41 am
New Server, Same X

I kind of wish Becky had lost the title to Shayna a little sooner, and maybe set up something else for Mania. Either they have Shayna beat her predictably, or, they ruin yet another NXT callup by having him blow their move to WWE. Becky beating Shayna at Mania would be terrible. I love Becky, but I want her in pursuit again. And it would be nice to see her in a different type role than just the champion.

Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:34 pm
New Server, Same X

How in the hell is WWE producing a PPV that features an entire slate of mid-carders? What are they even doing? What will main-event? The chamber match featuring tag teams they pretend to care about and tag teams they threw together? The chamber match where we already know who will win because they've already had Becky and Shayna together on multiple occasions in the past few weeks?

What a mishandled feud for buildup. They should have just went the Goldberg/Reigns route and had Shayna challenge Becky, or just not have them together until after the Chamber. Unless WWE pulls a WWE and has Shayna not win at the Chamber.

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:19 pm
The Kramer

Women will definitely go on last.

I wish we had a Randy Orton match at least. Didn’t think I’d say that again but his story is by far the best going into the final stretch.

Though Elimination Chamber shouldn’t even be happening now. Save that for a dry month like July.

Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:05 pm
100% That Bitch

I will say it again. Randy/Edge for WM main event

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:07 pm
100% That Bitch

Well.... WWE got ANOTHER main event booed out of the building. This match was a fucking disgrace.

Welcome to the reign of terror of Shayna Bazler. Only to be stopped by fucking Charlotte Flair. Because that's how WWE works.

Fuck this show. Fuck WWE you had to ruin Asuka like that? Fucking fuck you

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:43 pm
New Server, Same X

Why does WWE have the right idea at the wrong time under the wrong circumstances? Shayna should be made to look unbeatable, but why do that shit in the main event of a PPV against what are essetially five jobbers? We're like two weeks away from a Riott Squad reunion, because WWE logic doesn't exist, but for now they hate each other and didn't even all appear together in the match. Natalya is the go-to for WWE to put other women over. And poor Asuka.

But WWE does WWE all the time. The people in attendance should be ashamed for going. On the surface, it was great seeing six women headline a PPV in the chamber match, but it was pointless. You made five of them look terrible for one woman who will likely end up losing at Mania because... who knows why.

Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 am
The Kramer

Yeah I’m all for Shayna looking good, but you gotta have her come out last if the result is her squashing every other member in the division. The only other story heading into the match was Riott Squad and they never even appeared together. Was hoping Liv would get a pin on Ruby to continue her push .. Oh well.

To a lesser extent it happened in the tag match too. The crowd died as soon as Otis was eliminated since that is the story they cared about.

Overall the ppv was alright though. Bryan v Gulak was awesome. AJ v Aleister was good and it is always nice to see Taker. AJ is a perfect opponent for him at this point since he can get thrown around and sell the big moves like a champ.

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:17 pm
New Server, Same X

If she came out last and beat them all, that still works. But lord, the wait time for Liv to come out and finally Asuka. I think they assumed this would build suspense. Instead it deflated an already-bored arena and audience.

Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:18 pm
100% That Bitch

Well, how long until WM is cancelled?

Which would be a fucking disaster for WWE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 235  Next