Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Stomping Grounds and Extreme Rules were good. Summerslam too. They had a nice little streak going.

The Fiend is still awesome. I could see Undertaker costing him the win now but title or no title that is your Survivor Series main event.

Baron is still lame.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, they're going to crown Lesnar with the WWE title on the debut episode of Smackdown on Fox I see...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I get why that'd be seen as a huge draw, but are you really gonna have your longest reigning black champion lose his title on Fox as your first act? I know Disney owns them now but they still have that reputation ….

I hope Kevin Owens comes out and messes it up just to spite Shane. I'd like to see KO v Brock in a big time match and it doesn't need the title attached to it.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 am
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
I do have an awful feeling that Brock Lesnar's no rematch for the Universal Title scenario will develop into him taking the title from Kofi, maybe on the FOX debut of Smackdown Live. I'd prefer if Brock switched to Smackdown, except that it means we'll likely get ANOTHER Brock vs. Roman Wrestlemania match out of it.

August 14th I wrote that. I'm not often right, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I was honestly okay with Brock showing up this week, until I realized the second part of my prediction will likely also come true. But honestly, WWE needs to do something with Kofi and his title run. He deserved this year, he has been one of the best, most underutilized talent. However... his personality and his mic work, especially when he's without Xavier and Big E, are severely lacking. And it shows with the audience reactions of late.

Other thoughts:

-I don't get why they're ruining Michael Bennett, Maria and now Rusev with this god-awful storyline. How do you bring Rusev back by having him beat down Bennett and apparently? be the father to Maria's baby. And Maria is a really strong talker. It's too bad they wouldn't have her manage a few superstars.

-Giving Baron Corbin the crown makes a ton of sense. He's one of the most hated heels in WWE, making him even more obnoxious only adds to him. I just hope it doesn't push him into a bigger role.

-I really wish they would have waited with The Fiend. This is still too damn fast. He needed a few more matches and storylines before doing this. And this is all assuming he's going to win at Hell in a Cell. If WWE actually makes him lose... that'll be a huge blow. But if he wins, he's going to risk over-exposure with the audience. And with Becky and Kofi as examples, once WWE leans into someone after they catch fire with the audience, it always ends in disaster. Becky is rebounding a lot with the Sasha storyline, but she needs to drop the title soon and have her in pursuit instead.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The Fiend is still awesome. I could see Undertaker costing him the win now but title or no title that is your Survivor Series main event.

If this comes to fruition, it's the biggest reason why the Seth storyline should have waited. He could have went after someone else for now, or kept showing up randomly. Then when Undertaker makes an appearance (will he be at the Smackdown FOX debut?), imagine Undertaker cutting his usual Deadman promo, and have The Fiend show up in there. Would be insanity and I'd love it.

But Taker costing him the title will damage Bray. The Fiend needs to go after Taker, not the other way around. It would be incredible.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The "who's the father?" storyline is indeed, probably, the worst (and bizarre) this decade since it's actually been turned into an ongoing arc...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
The "who's the father?" storyline is indeed, probably, the worst (and bizarre) this decade since it's actually been turned into an ongoing arc...

There's no angle for anyone to cheer. Maria is obviously the heel, but Bennett isn't being pushed as the babyface either, he's portrayed as weak and boring. Rusev comes in and he's obviously a heel. There's no comedy to it, except when R-Truth and the 24/7 Championship were involved. So... I don't get what's supposed to appeal to fans.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 pm
The Kramer

Well surely they aren’t gonna stick with Rusev being the father? Next week it will be someone new beating up Mike. The bad-comedy equivalent of the US title open challenge.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:43 pm
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

I made it up to pre Summerslam, so time for another update...

- I'm confused about the Reigns booking. I don't have a problem with the "Who attacked him?" storyline, but why leave him without a clear match at Summerslam, and why make the person who attacked him a D lister in Rowan? And if for some reason they think he has potential, why not do your little Rowan-Reigns feud at a random Payback type B PPV instead of a week before Summerslam? Or why can't Bryan have been the one behind the attack? I mean it wouldn't it be good timing for Bryan and Reigns to have a Summerslam feud that leads into Hell in a Cell? I wouldn't mind seeing Joe and Reigns team together against Rowan and Bryan but it would be a late announcement if it happens

- Almost all the years since I started watching again I haven't been in a great state of mind, but I can't remember the last time I was impressed by the Summerslam card for it being the 2nd major. It always seems to be quite bland, have several rematches from previous PPVs and almost never has some cage match or ladder match or last man standing or something to make it more interesting (closest I can think of is Enzo in a shark cage match lol) which is a sign that the storylines aren't emotionally charged for a weapons match. I would complain about them leaning heavily on older wrestlers like Goldberg and Trish but it's not like the main roster is providing a lot of great alternatives. Without the divas having a relatively solid card of Charlotte-Trish and Becky-Natalya with the Canada hook and Bayley-Ember, it would look totally dreadful. Lesnar vs a Rollins who can barely walk in kayfabe seems like a terrible, unnecessary main event. I think they should've taken care of the Rollins storyline at one of the previous PPVs and done some triple threat with Lesnar, Lashley and Strowman or something, or 4 way with Rollins.

- I'm glad Becky is acting like a heel, but it seems like the more she does, the more the crowd will cheer her again. I guess there's worse outcomes.

- I know that eventually the every week watchers will get used to "The OC" and its Original-Official-Only Club meaning, but I can't help but feel that the casual fans that tune in are going to laugh at it, and if they're on Smackdown sometimes they'll be on Fox of all places. Also, making them AJ's stooges are fine, but I didn't need another Gallows and Anderson tag titles push, they're boring

Corpse wrote:
Still not watching WWE, really, aside from the Raw/Smackdown Top 10 moments.

A have a question...Why are Goldberg and Ziggler having a match at SummerSlam? I understand that having Goldberg on the card will "help" ratings/attendance, but he's one of those guys reserved for "dream matches."

Not sure if you're still wondering this, but Ziggler's storyline was after the Raw Reunion he was raising some (very valid) complaints about the legends keep coming back and taking screen time from working wrestlers, hence he super kicked HBK. Every promo for 3-4 weeks just happened to include a shot at Goldberg somewhere in his promo, so it was pretty telegraphed that it was setting for an eventual squash match at Summerslam (I presume it's ether that or someone attacks Goldberg). I'll be interested to see how they handle Goldberg's last match if it happens in the next year since with the whole "going out on your back" thing he should lose, and he shouldn't be in anything else but a squash match after the Lesnar feud went well and the Super Showdown match was a tire fire, so whoever beats him should destroy him in my opinion. Lars Sullivan seems like a decent candidate.

On the topic of Dolph now that he's doing the entrance music fake out thing again, I hope this time they go for the Royal Rumble troll and make him come out to Austin's music in Texas or something. I think he came out at #30 in 2018 and they didn't troll, which was the biggest missed opportunity since not calling the 4th Damon Bourne movie Bourne Again or Re-Bourne

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Well surely they aren’t gonna stick with Rusev being the father? Next week it will be someone new beating up Mike. The bad-comedy equivalent of the US title open challenge.

True, that was never confirmed. But if Rusev is making his return, and he's in better shape than ever, why waste him by beating him poor Mike Bennett? Sometimes WWE doesn't bother trying.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 am
New Server, Same X

I think my favorite part of RAW was having the opening WWE logo package distorted with a quick flash of The Fiend at the end.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:45 am
100% That Bitch

So Seth crying at the end....... Why?

Tongue Pop!

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm scared they're going to have him beat The Fiend at Hell in a Cell. Or some sort of screwy finish. He's being made to look so weak in the lead-up. It's too one-sided.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm
New Server, Same X

What on Earth has happened to the commentary teams? Cole, Graves and Renee are moving to Smackdown, while RAW is getting... Vic Joseph? Dio Madden? Who? I hope they put a name in there as the third... oh... Jerry Lawler. In 2019.

Yikes. They're getting ambitious having two new names in commentary. As much as I hate Cole, he or Graves should be pulling double duty with one new name on RAW, or both and nix Lawler. Is AEW getting Jim Ross why they're putting Lawler back on commentary? Cause that's not a proper solution to losing the best play-by-play guy to the competition.

Renee Young is a "special contributor". I hope she's staying on commentary full time. She's not perfect, but WWE would be wise to keep her on for their big FOX debut.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mister Ecks wrote:
I'm scared they're going to have him beat The Fiend at Hell in a Cell. Or some sort of screwy finish. He's being made to look so weak in the lead-up. It's too one-sided.

Very possible Strowman interference setting up a "Monster vs Fiend" match for Survivor Series. But... yeah, having the Fiend "lose" (I'd wager the match would end with no actual pinfall) is a terrible decision at the moment. If they actually go with Monster/Fiend, it should have been done for Hell in a Cell to set-up the Fiend's future title match with Rollins at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, but this is WWE.

Also... Becky needs to lose to Banks. There's zilch to be gained with a Becky win.

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

Very possible Strowman interference setting up a "Monster vs Fiend" match for Survivor Series. But... yeah, having the Fiend "lose" (I'd wager the match would end with no actual pinfall) is a terrible decision at the moment. If they actually go with Monster/Fiend, it should have been done for Hell in a Cell to set-up the Fiend's future title match with Rollins at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, but this is WWE.

Also... Becky needs to lose to Banks. There's zilch to be gained with a Becky win.

That should have been the match all along, Fiend vs. Monster. There is still no justification for having Bray in the title picture. If he wins, it's too fast and you risk overexposure. If he loses, wow... what an awful way to kill his momentum. If it's a screwy finish, especially inside Hell in a Cell, it muddies the waters. Good job, WWE. You've created a lose-lose-lose situation.

Becky definitely needs to drop the title soon. Get back in pursuit. She built her resume all year and has been a top fighting champion. But now need to get the title off her for a bit and make it interesting. I'm also hopeful that we get the actual Becky/Ronda match at Wrestlemania next year that we were deprived of.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Chances of Hogan vs Flair at WM36? LOL.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Seeing them get worked up in the ring and almost fall over is depressing. Sure hope they don't include a bump in Saudi Arabia, neither one can take it at this point.

Man, they sure propelled Rusev up the card, complete with a shit storyline involving Lana and Lashley. Awful ending that felt overstuffed by the time The Fiend showed up. Why are we promoting the next PPV before we even have Hell in a Cell? And these premiere week shows have left us with only three confirmed Hell in a Cell matches? Yikes.

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 am
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

I've posted some walls of text so I'll keep this one short

Summerslam was solid. Trish-Charlotte was a classic women's match for me, and Becky Nattie was surprisingly good too. But what saved the card is Rollins and Lesnar beat the odds to be kind of perfect. The real MVP of Summerslam though was the runtime at 3.5 hours. NXT Toronto was another solid show as well with Gargano and Cole delivering again. I always thought Io Shirai was the sneaky hottest of the asian wrestlers and they really leaned into with her heel persona (great match too)

I'm happy to see the 205 alumni Cedric Alexander, Buddy Murphy getting pushes, along with Ali earlier. The problem with all these guys is limited character/promo. But they're damn good wrestlers and are immediately some of the best sellers after AJ and Ziggler (Alexander takes some amazing Claymores). I would be more excited about King of the Ring if I wasn't looking at imdb episode titles to see how many I had left and saw "The coronation of King Corbin"... SMFH

I can't believe I'm saying this and it may because Kofi is running on fumes, but I would be ok I think with them making Orton and the Revival both champions and letting them be a dominant faction for a few months. Orton as a bully alpha jock is the first time in years his character has made sense to me and is probably a lot closer to the real life asshole he seemingly is than evil torturer guy. The Revival definitely look like the star QB's two buddies that help him shove people in lockers. Of course now that I say that, they'll just make Brock win the title from Kofi on the first Smackdown on Fox

Also I just saw this for the first time and LOL

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:40 am
The Kramer

About one hour in and I’m pretty impressed with AEW Dynamite. Hasn’t felt like an indie show at all.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 pm
100% That Bitch

So NXT murdered AEW, and then booked Kushida vs Walter for next week. When Finn Valor is overshadowed by rucking Ciampa, you know NXT didn't just win the battle, they ended the war on day 1

Tongue Pop!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:42 pm
The Kramer

AEW nearly doubled NXTs ratings. And I'm not even sure NXT was the better show. They have lost their cool kid status. And I can't help but feel like Balor was demoted. I'm expecting much more of that as the ratings sink. NXT is basically being sacrificed for the sake of pettiness and it's a huge bummer. Hopefully HHH can right the ship, but I'm not feeling good about it.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Poor Kofi.

A really weak show overall. It had a few fun moments but all the big things they set up were big fails.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:13 am
100% That Bitch

Lolllllll

Rip kofimania

Tongue Pop!

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next