Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 4451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Corpse wrote:
Sasha Banks coming back as a heel is great. But I also worry about her behavior. It's hard to say how authentic all the backstage drama really is, but it does seem at least factual to some degree. I don't think the chair botch on Becky was intentional or anything, probably just her getting into the new role a bit too much. Of course, that can certainly be an issue. People really like to hate on Nia Jax for being too rough, and botching too often, but Sasha has a concerning history as well. That said, and as Mister Ecks said, The Man vs. The Boss could be an amazing feud.

The chair shots definitely weren't intentional, but they just show how reckless she can be at times, which has already resulted in someone retiring long before she should have. It's a double edged sword since typically the women have a harder time pulling off aggressive moves like chair shots properly and believably.

Reading Shack's post, I tend to forgot how special Becky really was from August 2018 to Wrestlemania. I don't know if WWE ruined her or if the persona worked best against Ronda Rousey and Charlotte. Sasha's return should answer that question for us. Could be the start of an incredible feud, but if any of the backstage drama surrounding Sasha is true, I don't want the audience cheering her over Becky.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 pm
Stealing the show.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought Becky was pissed when Sasha smacked her and then kicked at her. No wondr Alexa use is ha IMG the Career Sasha wanted. Lmao

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am
New Server, Same X

I feel like WWE is genuinely on a decent course right now, for better or worse. It's a turning point to where they put out a product that will be better than recent years, or they could crash and burn in spectacular fashion. For all its strong points, here's some shit they went with this week:

-They've done a decent job building the tag team division with a few good teams, but they do the obvious storyline of throwing potential enemies together and making them champions. They just did it with Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross, so now Seth and Braun are in the same boat.

-Never a fan of new talent attacking legends. One of the rare exceptions was when Bray Wyatt attacked Mick Foley, and promptly stole the mandible claw. Then they undid that awesome moment and had him attack Lawler this week. Didn't really care for that. It was a cool visual for Bray when he snuck up behind Lawler, but beyond that, he should only be used for feuds, not throwaway moments.

-The Roman Reigns saga is horrible. It started as an awful ending to Smackdown a few weeks ago and has only gotten worse. The only time it was interesting was when Samoa Joe almost turned face trying to help him. The "reveal" last night felt like some WWE circa 2003 crap. Roman Reigns has been getting almost respectable reactions lately, especially in his match with Buddy Murphy last week. Why waste him (and Buddy and Daniel Bryan) in this ridiculous storyline?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

Ok, random pre MITB thoughts:

- Boy, that was a long 6 weeks to get through, and I watched it in about 1. Some of those Raws were just disgusting and that they panicked and made a rule for Reigns to be on it isn't a great sign for their ratings. It was so bad that Sami Zayn is semi-getting over as a heel with one of the most overdone schticks you can do, criticizing the audience for being turning on people. Rollins as champion so far seems to be fledgling. Kofi happening at the same time hurts him - Rollins should be the one that's defending the championship on back to back nights and proving he's the anti-Lesnar, instead he spent the entire build doing tag matches and being protected like he's Reigns. I assume an AJ heel turn is coming, but I would find a Rollins turn more interesting, since AJ turning after MITB would make it almost the exact same as the Cena feud, especially if he puts the Club back together. The other way Rollins reign hurts Raw is they really need that midcard show stealer match now that he's above that and Balor is on SD - it would help to let Cesaro wrestle more often and bring back Ziggler, though.

- Happy to be spoiler-free for MITB cause I have no idea who's going to win either of them, and the male winner has to go on to be the champion after Baron and Braun both took Ls with it. I assume the original plan was Drew McIntyre, but he is obviously flopping as a main event talent so I would think they can't make him world champion anymore. Owens have been the perfect guy if he wasn't in the title picture. Would they be bold enough to go Andrade? Or boring ass Orton win on the way? (post MITB edit: oh. Well, I'd take it over Orton winning)

- I was a little disappointed they turned Owens heel as I liked him as a babyface, but if he becomes champion he could have a nice run, although I'd be happy if the Kofi storyline continued a bit longer. It's obvious that Smackdown is setting up for Reigns and Charlotte to be champions by the time they move to Fox. Charlotte always seems to take backseat this part of the year so she can be hot during Wrestlemania season.

- Forgot to mention this last post, but shoutout to Carmella for being demoted from Smackdown champion to R Truth's hype girl last year and making the best of it. You took the sourest lemons that life has to offer, and made something resembling lemonade.

- Lacey Evans is the equivalent of the male big men projects Vince has pushed in the past. She has the size and athleticism and a character, not to mention is hot as fuck, but is probably going to end up being a stiff. Becky is still doing good promos but my problem with her for years before the Man era is her matches were always B/B- and felt the same (straight fire, etc.) and it seems to be headed that way again. I would like to see her as a heel if she cools down enough, since the brief period she was against Charlotte like Evolution she was great.

- I'm surprised they put Daniel Bryan in the tag division instead of making him put over some young guys like Ali, feud with Balor, etc. Justice for Rusev and Nakamura, I thought Hardy Boyz even before the injury were just a transitional champ to let the Usos go to Raw before a heel team takes over, but I thought Rusev and Nakamura would be those heels : (

- Firefly Funhouse is the best video segment in a while

- Who's dick is Dana Brooke sucking? 3 years later they're still trying to make her happen?
- Who's dick are Hawkins and Ryder sucking? At least 6 week title reign is about 5 weeks and 6 days more than it needed to be. Is WWE trying to get their action figure podcast over?
- Chad Gable seems to be in a tag team for 6 months and then break up. Time for 205 Live.
- lol at the War Raiders-The Viking Experience-Viking Raiders sequence

- Braun trying to murder Sami Zayn was one thing, but even worse than attempted murder is throwing a chair into Renee Young

- He's been saddled with wrestling Robert Roode twice and Baron Corbin so far, but not sure Ricochet is going places on main roster. I liked him in NXT but on main roster he's coming off as one of those guys that once the novelty of his cool moves wear off he's not as good at the rest of putting on matches. He also really comes off like a midg against the Raw behemoths. I was more impressed by Cedric Alexander's first match, although he got to face Cesaro. Also it's early, but Alestair Black's video promos about how complicated he is are pretty rough, and I question if pushing him as a heel will work as he is relatively light.

- A guy I can't really get into: Samoa Joe. He seems to have everything (size, intensity, good talker, multi faceted technique) but it just doesn't work for me. The Mysterio feud is pretty dull.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 pm
I'm Batman

NXT UK and All Out. Or College football? Decisions decisions.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 pm
Stealing the show.

Guuuuuurl, Tyler Bate literally gave the best performance of the year, what a fucking match. MOTY right there, oh WALTER was there too.

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:02 am
Stealing the show.

Well... That came outta nowhere but BAYHEEL is here!

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:41 am
New Server, Same X

As with everything in WWE, it's either WAY too fucking soon or about a year too late. But it worked thankfully. Hopefully they don't half-ass it like last time they kind of had her turn but not really.

Meanwhile, in "way too fucking soon" news, Bray Wyatt cutting a Firefly Funhouse promo on Seth and Braun... I hope they don't propel him into the Universal Championship picture already. Surefire way to kill his momentum. Now I'm fine if he challenges Braun, assuming Braun doesn't win the title at Clash.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:29 pm
New Server, Same X

Will WWE adjust Bayley and Sasha to have them act more like heels in the wake of the 50/50 crowd reaction? Or will they let it ride like with Becky last year? I'd go full heel with them, do your best to get them hated. Otherwise they'll have to turn Becky heel, which wouldn't be a bad thing. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes forward. Sasha was dying off on her own until Bayley turned.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:53 pm
Stealing the show.

I feel they're giving Bayley the Gargano heel turn.

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:13 pm

It's funny that mere months away (late June) from Smackdown going to Fox, these episodes are starting to eerily resemble when I started watching again in 2014 and 2015 in single brand days where they either do that Raw's storyline/promo again (mixed in with literal Raw highlights, repeat Firefly fun house, etc.) and then mix in a few good matches from mid carders that aren't connected to a story. If not for their big move it would have felt like title unifications and a single brand show is on the way as half the current titles are being lost (lol at Finn Balor being in the most matches of anyone for like two years, and then as soon as he won the IC title not appearing at all). I understand there's a reason they went from dual brand to single and then back to dual again and things are cyclical if there isn't enough hot stars, but the move to Fox seems like it couldn't come at a worse time. Are they really going to move to Fox with a single brand show where Smackdown is just Raw lite? Or do they end the wild card rule, let stars like Reigns, Bryan, Charlotte and the New Day only appear on SD, and let Raw become irrelevant?

I watched almost all of the first AEW show Double or Nothing, and it was refreshing to see so many good matches, even if understandably most of these guys are "not stars" and shouldn't be near a microphone. The tag and 6 man tag matches are especially a breath of fresh air. AEW's are actually built about teamwork - what a novel concept - while the WWE's are mostly built around the tag (with half the match just building towards the hot tag). It's also worth the watch for Cody and Dustin's match which must be one of the best of the latter's career.

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 pm
New Server, Same X

It sucks, but Stone Cold Steve Austin can still get himself over better than anyone else can on the current roster. One of the last major stars of wrestling.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Someone also theorized that the meaning behind the clock on Firefly Funhouse changing to 11:19 is that Undertaker debuted at a taping on November 19, 1990, although he didn't officially debut on-screen until three days later at Survivor Series. Still, I thought it was a perfect direction to have The Fiend vs. The Undertaker at Survivor Series (since Wrestlemania is no longer Taker's domain, with two losses and just one unofficial match two Manias ago being his last appearance at the event). But it's a leap to assume 11:19 connects to him.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Stealing the show.

How good was AJ last night? HE ATE the NY crowd in the beginning. Like who the fuck cared about Seth and Strowman after what AJ did?

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mister Ecks wrote:
Someone also theorized that the meaning behind the clock on Firefly Funhouse changing to 11:19 is that Undertaker debuted at a taping on November 19, 1990, although he didn't officially debut on-screen until three days later at Survivor Series. Still, I thought it was a perfect direction to have The Fiend vs. The Undertaker at Survivor Series (since Wrestlemania is no longer Taker's domain, with two losses and just one unofficial match two Manias ago being his last appearance at the event). But it's a leap to assume 11:19 connects to him.

I think that's the rumored runtime of WrestleMania 36.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:06 pm
Profile WWW

I am only watching WWE.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

I think that's the rumored runtime of WrestleMania 36.

It would only be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 pm
Stealing the show.

Why won't they let Sasha/Becky main event COC.

Seth vs Braun is just DOA

Becky can main event WM but not a B PPV?

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:27 am
The Kramer

I think Braun will actually do it this time. All signs point to The Fiend taking the title in October and I think watching It destroy Strowman would put him over as an unstoppable champion.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 am
Stealing the show.

He's the one to never win the big one.
He's basically Big Show pt 2

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 pm
New Server, Same X

Hate eeeeeeeeeverything about Bray Wyatt being in the title picture this early. It's a new gimmick, he needs more time and more feuds to build himself.

... But... that was one of the best closing moments of a PPV I've seen yet.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:38 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
He's the one to never win the big one.
He's basically Big Show pt 2
Apparently. But even Big Show won the title a few times, most notably at the Survivor Series when Stone Cold got run over by Rikishi. He only kept the title for about a month but it cemented him as more than just a novelty-act.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm
The Kramer

Feel bad about saying this, but every post-cancer Roman Reigns match has been terrible. Clash of the Champions certainly wasn't a great ppv, I'm not gonna argue that, it was moving along at a very brisk pace though - much like Summerslam. And then, when I thought we were going to main event, we get 30 minutes of Roman v Rowan instead (including recap video, entrances, exits, etc...) and the show grinded to a halt.

Then I remembered Summerslam didn't have Roman, thus why it came in at a very reasonable 3.5 hours.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm
Stealing the show.

Yaaaaas
Sasha/Becky MUST main event.

They Gon shit on Seth/Bray

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:07 pm

I was pretty happy with the Stomping Grounds and Extreme rules cycles and PPVs, or maybe it was just the awfulness of Super Showdown that made them look better. The crowd was hot for Stomping Grounds, and Extreme Rules had a nice mix of worker matches (AJ-Ricochet, Cesaro-Black, Kofi-Joe, tag matches, etc.) and storyline matches (Braun-Lashley, mixed tag match) that worked. The Rollins-Becky vs Corbin-Lacey feud was a bold move that could’ve got shit on but hey, I think it worked, and will probably be the most memorable part of Rollins poor title reign. I wouldn’t have guessed it after Wrestlemania, but Kofi’s title reign was more enjoyable than Rollins and it wasn’t that close. Maybe Kofi is just equally or more talented? Rollins has him in the ring, but I like Kofi’s charisma, the only reason it didn’t stand out more before is Xavier and Big E are overwhelming in that area.

I’m pretty impressed by a handful of newcomers. Lacey clearly has the full package to be a future women’s champ, as do Heavy Machinery in their division - I knew Otis was good since I saw him hold his own as a singles wrestler against Ciampa in NXT, but Tucker is more talented than I realized as well, he's a high flying big man and can talk. Also credit to Daniel Bryan for going to the tag division, putting over a young team that could’ve gone the comedy jobber route if things went badly, and making Rowan look pretty solid too. I’m also really impressed by the acting of Nikki Cross in some subtle ways in her story with Alexa. It turns out she’s so good at playing crazy cause she’s just a great actress. Now as a small wrestler with ok athleticism who knows where it goes, but she could get over if she can connect that well. (Speaking of Alexa, I still like her character but has she regressed in the ring since her injury? It is painful to watch her matches lately) Then there’s Ricochet who could be the Finn Balor of the next few years as the good worker-no personality guy. On the downside, they need to get Kairi Sane away from the sinking ship that is Asuka right now. It's clear there wont be time for full time women's tag teams. I still think the women's tag belt can be useful, but I think it should be used to keep singles wrestlers relevant when they're not in the main event picture like Bayley's tag title run with Sasha keeping her afloat before leading to her singles title. Or the next time Charlotte has her post Wrestlemania backseat period, maybe she gets the tag titles for a few months. As for the women's singles division, I'm a little concerned. Becky is now the Man in name only, and is otherwise back to straight fire work hard Becky with a boyfriend and cooler gear. When the Raw Summerslam opponent is Natalya, you probably don't have enough credible challengers. Then again now that tI say that, 6 months from now Shayna Bazler will be involved, Charlotte will be in the mix and it will be red hot again.

As for Lesnar winning the title, I guess you can’t blame them after they put the belt on two worker guys in Rollins and Kofi and the ratings didn’t work. just hope he doesn’t hold it all the way to Wrestlemania. I don’t think Brock should *ever* have the title in the fall part of the calendar other than when he squashed Cena. Why not just treat him like Charlotte and give him his annual 4 months a year of doing nothing to avoid people getting burned out of him, and then win it back at the Royal Rumble? I thought the Summerslam in 2017 where he beat Joe, Braun and Reigns was one of the most pointless booking decisions of the last few years and likely cost Joe or Braun a title reign that could’ve changed their careers (my suspicion is it was all so Vince could erase CM Punk’s title record, same with Reigns losing at Wrestlemania the next year)

I watched the first Raw and Smackdown after Extreme Rules (first for Heyman/Bischoff?) and Raw came off a little meh, including a fatal four way divas match that felt like it lasted at least 20 minutes and was one of the excruciating matches I’ve ever seen. I don’t really care about Rollins/Lesnar cause Lesnar has to win right? For the second straight year, the SS main event is just a dull Wrestlemania rewind. Speaking of, Lesnar winning Money in the Bank was a total waste. If he didn’t win it, they could’ve just done Lesnar/Rollins at Summerslam anyways, and making Rollins lose the belt at Summerslam is a natural end path after the big Wrestlemania victory. It feels more like they didn’t like any young wrestler becoming champion yet (probably losing faith in Drew and fearing he would be a Baron Corbin if he won) but MITB cash in had to be successful after 2 straight male losses, so they just gave it to Brock to put the MITB briefcase over. Still, what a message to send to give what could've been a career changing MITB win to someone else to a 42 year old part timer who doesn't need it whatsoever. I do like babyface Kevin Owens even if the attempt to make him Stone Cold is a little blatant between the stunner and feuding McMahon. I think Shane has done a pretty good job as a heel, sure he takes a lot of time from other wrestlers, but they made a clear choice with him that instead of making him a goofily over the top bad guy that people enjoyed, they would just make him as hate-able as possible and tone down any sort of Vince style theatrics to get himself over, and I think it worked.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179  Next