Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 191  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I didn't bother watching the Super-Show Down today (haven't watched any of these types of shows), but I did watch some of the clips on Twitter from the Taker/Goldberg match...

Taker, although he was dropped on his head from a botched Jackhammer..., seems to be "okay." Goldberg, however, after also being dropped on his head from a botched Tombstone (likely both their faults)..., didn't look so lucky. People said he likely suffered a concussion from a turnbuckle spot (haven't seen it) very early and was out of it afterward, so hopefully he's not seriously injured (concussion aside...). I also saw a clip of Goldberg seemingly going for a Tombstone of his own and completely collapsing well before getting Taker up. Taker then seemed to make the decision to just end the match at that point with an awful Chokeslam.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Last edited by Corpse on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Feel for the man. But there comes a time to call it quits.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's poetic in a horribly dark way that this happened in Saudi Arabia. How much is someone's life worth? Both Undertaker and Goldberg had moments in that match where their lives could have been irrevocably changed. We all talk about how good Undertaker looks at 54, but when you get down to it, that is long past an age any other athlete would be expected to compete. All for a big paycheck.

And why do they have to trot out these "dream matches" for Saudi Arabia? First Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement, and now Taker and Goldberg. This is the result of putting all of your focus and energy on promoting one man (John Cena for a decade, now Brock Lesnar) and leaving so many others in limbo. If they put that energy into creating and growing multiple stars, they wouldn't need to rely on guys who shouldn't be in the ring any more to sell their product in a place they should never be to start with.

What are two huge reasons why being in Saudi Arabia is a horrible idea and shows how fucking money-hungry you are? I just explained one, and the other is that your female roster isn't allowed to compete so as to not upset the people. How much is your soul worth, Vince? I know he sold it a long, long time ago, but it's embarrassing to see a company that takes two steps forward and follows it with six steps backwards all the time.

If Undertaker wrestles ever again, he needs to be with someone young that can carry him in his weaker moments. For the love of God, give him one last match, make it count and make it watchable. Goldberg couldn't carry a match in his prime, let alone in 2019 against a man two years older than him. He is just about responsible now for ending the careers of not one, but two of my childhood favorites (the other being Bret Hart of course).

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 pm
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:

Feel for the man. But there comes a time to call it quits.

I do and I don't. He left the business in 2004 and had a good decade in there where he could have been a part-timer with some more money matches, but he left WWE and bad-mouthed them, before crawling back for some money.

I like Goldberg. I think he sold the shit out of their match on Smackdown. And despite not being able to put on a good match, his presence is always special.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:38 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm finally listening to the Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley podcast on Talk is Jericho. It's seriously so crazy to think that all the criticisms I have for WWE are completely true and justified to have. It's crazy to me to think that my vision of Vince is 100% truth. Listening to Jon's entire mindset during his late 2018 return right up to when he left is crazy. It's just all so crazy.

I remember thinking how mediocre his heel run was, but listening to him say he had all the same problems with the stupid promos sheds more light on even more of what I hate with WWE. I actually don't understand how WWE has had any success in the last number of years, how they just fall face-first into a good segment or good feud or whatever. I guess if you produce that much television per week, per month, per year, you're bound to accidentally find success. But like Becky Lynch's rise to the top, WWE and Vince also finds incredible ways to fuck everything up because if it succeeds without their entire help, they need to meddle in it until it either succeeds more or it completely blows up in their face.

The only thing I don't understand whatsoever is the press release they put out for his leaving the company. It is so against everything they've done. He suggests they just wanted to control the narrative on him leaving, but there has to be more to it than that.

Anyone who is still at all invested in wrestling and has all the same frustrations with WWE, give it a listen. It's not a man complaining about WWE for almost two hours, even though it is, it's a man who lost his passion for wrestling because WWE isn't a company about wrestling or wrestlers, at least not any more.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:47 am
The Kramer

Baron Corbin is going to main event a ppv tomorrow. And Lesnar or Heyman is going to be the referee. Fun times. Can we skip to the next NXT event?

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:09 am
The Kramer

I’d say SS main event is going to be:

Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar - Universal Title

Or

Roman Reigns v Shane McMahon - WWE World Title

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:11 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Baron Corbin is going to main event a ppv tomorrow. And Lesnar or Heyman is going to be the referee. Fun times. Can we skip to the next NXT event?

In the age of blurred lines between face and heel, and overseen by a man that hasn't evolved with wrestling, Baron Corbin getting heavily booed must mean he's their top heel and one of their top performers. That's obviously what Vince thinks. It's working, he's getting a heel reaction for being a heel. But he has no sense to know that there's a difference between a heel and a guy that people just don't like as one of the top guys on RAW.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:34 pm
The Kramer

Despite all the poor storytelling, I ended up really enjoying Stomping Grounds. It was just a fun and well-paced show that never got bogged down like Every other ppv in recent memory. Corbin is still awful, but Lacey Evans was the perfect choice for the referee as she is a much more interesting villain for Seth to overcome. If he, Lacey and Becky can make that match fun then maybe there is even hope for his inevitable title defense against Shane McMahon.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This Rollins/Ospreay (WWE versus NJPW/AEW, etc. all) feud on Twitter is interesting. I would consider it a possible work, but I really don't believe it is... You now have the likes of Corbin backing Rollins (or at least attacking Ospreay), and others like Jericho defending Ospreay.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Seth Rollins has adapted the Roman Reigns role of being the face of WWE and making stuff up about WWE is part of that territory I guess. I don't even watch anything non-WWE (yet), and I know it ain't the best wrestling on the planet.

I'm sure it's all in good fun... in part at least. If Rollins is serious, he's delusional and his Twitter may actually be run by Vince.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm
100% That Bitch

And once again, Alexa Bliss and her opponent (who's not worth being mentioned by name) are the best thing about WWE right now. She's a fucking treasure and her 365 is nothing but gold, we deserve Face Alexa right now

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm
100% That Bitch

Also... Ospreay >>>>> Rollins Based on dick size alone.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE has made Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff executive directors of RAW and Smackdown, respectively. Careful Vince, your desperation and panic are showing.

Some are saying this is a positive. I guess their major roles in ECW, WCW and TNA are going to be overlooked. They obviously knew 25 years ago how to change the game in the short term, but neither men have experience in sustaining a product in the long term. And WWE needs some long term plans right now, because nothing else is working.

The wrestling fan in me wants this change to be a positive. And I hope this is all a backstage change and doesn't end up with both being featured on camera in these roles. We're just rewinding 15 years instead of 25 years then. But this could bode very well for AEW. Desperation wouldn't be running so high if Vince and WWE didn't at least worry a bit about whether AEW can be true competition for them.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:09 pm
100% That Bitch

The thing is.. something had to happen. We are OVER all these stories and shitty things they have tried. Like I said before, the only saving Grace in all of the main roster is The Goddess, they fucked up Becky.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 am
The Kramer

More nostalgia yay!

Wrestling fans around the world have made it clear what they want - the NXT and AEW style with the massive pool of talent that WWE possesses. How do you translate that into ratings though? I'd still wait for the Hulu version even if Raw was an A+ every week. The kids want superheroes and their parents want to see wrestlers they remember from their own childhood - these are the people watching live week to week.

Plus, after years of complaining about WWE booking all the wrong people at the top, we have a perfect set of champions right now. And the product is still worse than ever. Makes no sense.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:50 pm
New Server, Same X

If Samoa Joe isn't the WWE Champion by summer's end, or sooner, it's going to be a tremendous waste of a talented man who deserves it. Kofi has had a great run as champion, but I think it's time to drop it to someone else. And Samoa Joe deserves it.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Lol WWE.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 am
New Server, Same X

Winter is coming...

But fear not. Heyman is in control of RAW, he knows what's best. Brock will drop the title at Summerslam... okay, well maybe at the next PPV... oh yeah he doesn't work lesser PPVs... well it's only four months until Survivor Series... oh but he wouldn't drop it before Christmas... OK, Royal Rumble... oh yeah, world championships never change hands at the Rumble... well... umm...

Fuck.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am
New Server, Same X

And where is Bray Wyatt? The quick glimpses of his Funhouse characters have been great Easter eggs for eagle-eyed fans (not me, because I couldn't possibly stomach watching all of RAW and Smackdown to catch them), but it's getting to be too long between appearances. Building the return over two weeks of buildup, maybe three, is great. But we're entering the fourth week of no Bray and steam is going to be lost on a big return.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, you got Bray Wyatt. ;)

I'm still only watching highlights and such, but I saw a lot of... hate talk on twitter earlier today regarding the women's fatal four way match that Natalya won. Apparently it was among one of the most boring and awful matches ever based on the reactions I read. The crowd apparently chanted "this is awful" throughout or something. Was it really THAT bad?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

-I skipped most of RAW, except that wonderful Bray Wyatt re-debut. I didn't even watch the fatal 4-way, just the part where Natalya and Becky were in the ring. I wonder what the plan is for Summerslam in Toronto. Becky is getting booed in favor of Natalya. What a difference a year will make: heel Becky getting a face reaction in 2018, face Becky getting a heel reaction in 2019.

-Bray Wyatt's return was a miracle. I really hope they don't fuck this up. Everything about the appearance was cool and creepy. I liked it even more when I saw crowd footage of it on YouTube.

-I have little interest in the world title matches at Summerslam if they're Brock/Rollins and Kofi/Orton. I believe in Orton's place in the company, but I don't believe in yet another Orton title match. Not when there are so many other deserving guys. I don't get what Samoa Joe has done to not deserve a run with the title. But every opportunity is met with a resounding loss for him.

-I liked seeing Liv Morgan get an opportunity against Charlotte Flair. I'm hoping to see more from her.

-It took us three months and a meaningless heel turn, but we're back to where we should have been all along: Kevin Owens being a babyface, Stone Cold-style. Why they went the same ol' heel route is beyond me, because he clearly was their best Stone Cold since the real deal. It's clearly building towards a match with Shane McMahon at Summerslam. And like Stone Cold, he even got to get one of those infamous McMahon stunner botches.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:46 am
The Kramer

Orton was the one who killed Kofi’s initial push, but they should have used that story for MitB not Summerslam.

I predict that Seth loses and it will be Undertaker who eventually relieves Brock of the title. Maybe even at Wrestlemania, but even as I type that, I know in my heart of hearts that Brock v Roman is the main event of Mania 36.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:12 am
New Server, Same X

Given that Undertaker impressed so much at Extreme Rules and he isn't getting any younger, it would be a damn shame if he didn't face The Fiend Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania. The only downside is A. he beat Bray already (though that didn't stop them from three-peating Taker/Triple H), and B. the streak is dead. To me, it would have been appropriate for Wyatt to beat Taker and end the streak with the current Fiend gimmick, assuming they don't find a way to fuck it up.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 191  Next