Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Two nights at 3 hours each was great. Both main events were hot which hadn't happened since Rollins cashed in the MITB. And yes, people were stoked for Becky v Ronda, but the audience were burnt after seven hours.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:32 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Two nights at 3 hours each was great. Both main events were hot which hadn't happened since Rollins cashed in the MITB. And yes, people were stoked for Becky v Ronda, but the audience were burnt after seven hours.

That would be my only concern, it dilutes the main event match of Wrestlemania. But if I weigh that against it being seven hours and the crowd being burnt out, I'd rather see two nights. There is still a legit main event at the end of the second show, and you get a co-main event with the first night's last match.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:18 pm
100% That Bitch

Two night WM FTW!

Sometimes it's hard to follow a 7 hour long show.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Sometimes? I can't imagine doing anything that long unless I'm getting paid for it.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:01 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't know if it was the lack of a crowd but that Triple H 25th Anniversary thing sucked. The got ya! clip packages, the FaceTime calls, Vince being... so Vince. Name-dropping a horrible segment that 80% of the current audience wouldn't know of. And I'm not sure why Vince felt last night was the time to say how god-awful the Bayley: This is Your Life segment was. Such an odd reference.

Maybe I'm just in the camp that feels Triple H really is one of the best of all time and it felt like a typical cop-out to basically play it up for laughs. And I know he could never play it serious and boast about his career without getting roasted by fans for doing it. I don't know, just wasn't that good.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 pm
100% That Bitch

Nia JAx is SO unlikable. like she has Xpac heat from me. Just go away.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 am
New Server, Same X

She's coasting on the fumes of being the catalyst for the surge in popularity for Becky Lynch, as well as being the big girl living her dream in wrestling. Oh and she's related to The Rock/part of the Anoa'i family. There's that too.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:15 pm
The Kramer

Nia had a ton of potential, but has completely fizzled since her feud with Alexa Bliss ended. Having her squash talented and popular people like Kairi every week doesn't help.

Though, on the bright side, she is at least better than Tamina who is also getting a big push right now.

What do we think about the rumors of HHH replacing Apollo Crews in the MITB match? I cringed at first, but it is true that he's proved quite good at climbing the corporate ladder. :hahaha:

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:23 pm
100% That Bitch

Mandy and Sonya have no right to have the best storyline in all the main roster. Not overall WWE Because whatever they have going with Drake Maverick down on NXT is just heads and shoulders everything right now.

Also how in the fucking fuck are the two Mitb matches be happening at the same time?!? Sure as fuck worse time to cancel my network subscription, lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 am
The Kramer

I hope Otis wins money in the bank. Mandy turning on him during his cash in would be epic.

Sat May 02, 2020 1:30 am
100% That Bitch

With what happened in Smackdown tonight I wouldn't discard that option. They are going full on Trish and Jericho for this two. Down to the big kiss

Inevitable the elbow to the face costing Otis his match and then making up with (ugh) Ziggler on the top of the stage is coming. I wish it was anyone but Ziegler.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 02, 2020 1:47 am
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Also how in the fucking fuck are the two Mitb matches be happening at the same time?!? Sure as fuck worse time to cancel my network subscription, lol

I'm not sure how this is possible. Won't that be super chaotic? Is it going to take place at the same time or will we randomly get dropped in on it?

Also I signed up a month ago because WWE Network offered a ton of stuff for free, and I can still view everything on there and I'm not paying anything? I figured I had a month free but surely that's up by now.

Sat May 02, 2020 10:56 am
100% That Bitch

Mister Ecks wrote:
Mau wrote:

I'm not sure how this is possible. Won't that be super chaotic? Is it going to take place at the same time or will we randomly get dropped in on it?

Also I signed up a month ago because WWE Network offered a ton of stuff for free, and I can still view everything on there and I'm not paying anything? I figured I had a month free but surely that's up by now.

I know, the train wreck posibilities are making me almost renew my subscription. it's fucking must see. I am in AWE at the posibilities it'll either be the best one ever or a complete dumbster of fire of Katie Vick proportions. And I need to watch it live.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm
The Kramer

Otis!!!! Wins the briefcase and gains a new love interest! The odds on that parlay must have been 5000-1.

Sun May 10, 2020 9:47 pm
100% That Bitch

He didn't. He said "Mandy I got it"

Also YAAAAAAS AT KWEEN ASUKA

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am
The Kramer

There were definitely some sparks between Otis and Nia. She is at least going to be his backup bitch now.

The Year of Otis!!

Mon May 11, 2020 4:03 pm
100% That Bitch

Otia got the hottest chick in all of WWE history, a WM win and now Mitb winner in a little bit over a month. Now that's a push.

And now.... BECKY IS PREGNANT?!?! Congrats to her but this means WWE is losing their top 3 stars now. (Becky, Seth, Roman).

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon May 11, 2020 5:20 pm
100% That Bitch

Asuka as the NEW RAW WOMENS CHAMPION YAAAAAAAAAAS KWEEEEEEEN

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
The Kramer

Jeez did he stop believing in contraception when he became the Messiah? What a way to end her epic run. Total waste of her prime.

Mon May 11, 2020 7:15 pm
100% That Bitch

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS KWEEEEN ASUKA

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 pm
The Kramer

I wish they were seahorses and Rollins had to carry the baby.

Mon May 11, 2020 11:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Asuka is the first to hold all the women's titles (NXT, Raw, Smackdown, and Tag), correct? If so, I'm truly stunned it wasn't given to Charlotte first. Not bashing Charlotte, it just would have been the most likely scenario.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

From a personal standpoint, if this is what Becky wanted, I'm happy for her. Giving up the best years in your profession and ending an incredible year and a half run as the top woman in wrestling, including a lengthy stretch where she was the biggest name in WWE, that's a big step. We tend to forget these wrestlers are people, and if being a mother is something Becky wanted, it was pretty much now or never.

From a fan standpoint, it sure does suck. She leaves a huge gap in the women's division right now. They were able to build a star in her, and even if her title run went too long, she was the biggest thing going in the company. No other woman rivals her place right now. Asuka, Shayna, Charlotte, Mandy, Rhea... they all have talent in their own ways, but no one is on Becky's level. WWE has a long road to build the next star in the division. The usual suspects, like Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, work best as heels. So I think it's anyone's spot to grab at this point. But it's going to take something special for someone to reach Becky's level.

Definitely a huge loss for at least a year and a half and probably longer. I would assume if she comes back it'll be on a part-time basis. I don't see her doing this full-time any more.

Interesting how some of the biggest names in wrestling had short runs as top names, even though their legacy lives on. Austin really only enjoyed his huge success from 1996-2002. Retired in 2003. The Rock's run as a top name even shorter, 1999-2002. Was never a full time guy after that. Not saying Becky is in the same league overall, but for the division, she sure is.

Wed May 13, 2020 1:38 pm
100% That Bitch

Corpse wrote:
Asuka is the first to hold all the women's titles (NXT, Raw, Smackdown, and Tag), correct? If so, I'm truly stunned it wasn't given to Charlotte first. Not bashing Charlotte, it just would have been the most likely scenario.

Bayley was the first, Asuka is second.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Forgot that Bayley held the Raw's title. Well... Asuka has won the Royale Rumble and Money in the Bank, so her list of accomplishments is a bit better. Not to turn it into a competition (it's WWE), of course, but I'm glad Asuka has been given the opportunity to achieve so much despite the language (or even speech) barrier which so often undermines top talent in the company.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 236  Next