Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Renee on Twitter: Can I quit this match?

Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:37 am
The Kramer

Seriously, I know I already said incredible, but it deserves a second one. My favorite from them so far.

1. Darby v Cody - A
2. Hangman v Omega - A
3. Moxley v Kingston - A
4. Bucks v FTR - A-
5. Delete the Elite - A-
6. Jericho v MJF - B+
7. Shida v Nia - B+
8. Orange Cassidy v 4 - B+

AND GANGREL

Absolutely Elite Wrestling show top to bottom.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:25 am
Top Poster

Such an awesome show, agree with Darby v. Cody at #1.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

AEW is making a game. Kenny Omega had a press conference tonight where he (and Aubrey and Britt and Cody) pretended to be Steve Jobs. Said the gameplay will be “like No Mercy” and he even dug up the guy who directed it (and Def Jam Vendetta.) They sure do know their audience!

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:20 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The images I saw looked a little... bad. I'm sure the graphics aren't final, of course, and they won't matter much if it is indeed like No Mercy, so we'll see.

In other news...

10 MINUTES after she tweeted out that she supports unionization...

Enjoyed her. Great on the mic, great manager, average in the ring, but she never really got the opportunity there anyway.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

She was definitely one of the best managers they've had in a while. I hope she lands on her feet at AEW where they actually value managers and their roles in wrestling. Tag teams and managers are something WWE pretends exists but has no idea how to execute any more. Outside of "oh let's have these two teams wrestle every week for three months, that'll build the tag division!"

Are we seriously... at the end... of Rollins and Mysterio? And what a whimper to have their blowout match on Smackdown. In the middle at that. But of course now it moves into Rollins and Murphy.

WWE straight up building a feud between Roman and Drew, meanwhile Orton is still champion. Did they just realize their World Title match is between two heels who have no reason to want to wrestle each other? If Drew beats Orton on Monday, that's a HUGE waste of building Orton since Wrestlemania. If Orton wins... what was the point of Drew on Smackdown?

Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I read that Rollins is planning to take some time off very soon (Mini Man on the way!), so their feud likely ended abruptly. I haven't watched much lately, but I'm guessing Murphy will take him out in a week or two?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I never would have predicted a few years ago that the one Shield member to stagnate would be Rollins.

Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:05 pm
The Kramer

I think there’s a good chance Randy drops the title and then wins it back in December. They desperately need a main event for this show and not so desperately need a way to boost Randy’s title count. Wrestlemania 2022: Orton v Cena with 16 reigns a piece, winner beats Flair once and for all (until his daughter ends up with like 25.)

Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:33 pm
New Server, Same X

I really hope we don't see Orton and Cena for the title at Wrestlemania. I'd rather Edge over Cena, and I don't even like that option because it devalues everyone else who is there every week. I like Edge, but that's just a Brock Lesnar move and I don't support it when he gets those chances either.

They need to get a Fiend/Orton storyline out of the way too. Plus The Miz seems to be revving up efforts to cash in. Although with how they took it off Otis, I imagine the official cash-in may end up being unsuccessful.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:51 pm
The Kramer

Oh Edge v Orton is happening this year for sure, and Edge is probably gonna win the title. That is Night 1 Main Event if they go that route, and second to only Roman's match on a five hour show.

I meant next year. I'm not sure Cena will even be at Mania this year since he is filming his Suicide Squad show.

I'd love to see Miz drop the briefcase to somone else. Just rotate it around, basically acting like the 24/7 title. Whoever has the briefcase knows they have to cash it in ASAP or risk losing it someone else.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:18 pm
The Kramer

And there you go. Grats Drew.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 am
New Server, Same X

People can say this was planned, but two major matches were changed six days before Survivor Series: the Women's 5-on-5 match and the WWE vs. Universal Champion match. Those are purely last minute decisions. Especially Drew winning last night. It's almost as bad as AJ Styles' year-long title reign coming to an end so suddenly on Smackdown when they realized Brock vs. Styles didn't have the build they wanted. Same for Orton and Roman. They could have done something to make it work, but at the end of the day, heel vs. heel wasn't the way to go. It just shouldn't have happened this way.

I'm not sure I get the Orton/Cena thing. Cena has 16 world championships, Orton has 14. He'd have to win two more, then the title would have to be vacated to make it interesting, or a triple threat match. Would be crazy in 2021 if the match was Edge vs. Orton vs. Cena.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:24 pm
The Kramer

To be fair, this is the third time a world champion has changed a week before Survivor Series since they started the 'brand v brand' thing. I think it is just their way of building interest for an otherwise meaningless show.

Regarding Orton, I think he will win the title back at TLC before dropping it to Edge at Wrestlemania. So he'd only need to win it one more time, and then set up some angle where the title is vacated for the big match to happen in 2022. Does this need to happen? Absolutely not, but Vince has a habit of putting the title in matches where it doesn't belong and this is totally something he would do.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'd be for setting up a future Cena/Orton match to see who breaks the record. Doubt they'll manage to actually set it up properly and the build will likely be meh, but if they're going to do it, they'll need to do it relatively soon. Personally, I think Orton should be the guy since he's more likely to be an active wrestler while holding the record. Cena getting it, and then just going away again a month or two later would make it feel very underwhelming. Not criticizing Cena, but I feel like him taking this record has sort of passed by in relevancy.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Yeah Orton would definitely need to win that. And I assume Cena would push for that as well.

Is there any way Orton gets the briefcase from Miz? That would be the easiest way for him to win the title back.

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am
New Server, Same X

If anyone wants a prime example of how WWE ruins someone's potential, I look at Pac returning last week on AEW after his injury. He's portrayed so fierce and savage. All I remember of his WWE run as Adrian Neville (then Neville, in WWE's unending desire to shorten people's names to just a single one) is coming out in a goofy cape.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:36 pm
The Kramer

Pac v Kingston is already the hottest feud on tv.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 pm
New Server, Same X

Don't get me started on Kingston. Someone I never heard of before his AEW debut. He is the prime example of someone that needed AEW to be recognized, because WWE would never see his full potential and give him the chance to talk or wrestle in a WWE ring. I do still have issues with AEW, but more often than not, I'm impressed with what I see and he's one of my favorite people to watch.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 pm
Top Poster

Thank you Taker!

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Alex Y. wrote:
Thank you Taker!
This.

My goodness it was a long and boring night until then though. I’d give Survivor Series a 3/10 which is a bummer since they were on a nice little roll since Summerslam.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 pm
100% That Bitch

Thank you taker

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:27 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Massive splinter suddenly pierced both my eyes when Paul Bearer appeared.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:lol: :(

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Upcoming name change? :funny:

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 235  Next